Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loud old-fashioned alarm clock

Options
  • 08-03-2013 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭

Recommendations please. My husband works varying shifts and basically, I am his alarm, I set mine and poke/kick/pinch/push him out of the bed. This is a pain in the ass, but it works. However, the problem is when he is working nights, he simply can't wake up on time to go to work in the evening. I set a radio alarm for him, but he sleeps through it/filters it out until it stops. He can ignore his phone alarm too. I often ring him from work to tell him to get up and he sounds like he is, but he falls back again.

So, I need an alarm that is so 'unignorable' that he'll have to get out of bed to stop it and that won't stop unless you do something with it. An old-fashioned looking one would be nice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭bozharry

I had to get one of these a few years ago! Basically I was unemployed for about 6 months and got into very bad habits, not going to sleep/bed until 4 or 5 am( would naturally be a night owl anyway). But I got a new job and managed to sleep it out on my first day! Do not know why they even kept me on but it was an extreme case of bad habits and nerves that I could not sleep therefore I could not wake up! Got the the same clock my nanny had(wind up type with bells!) and boy was it loud. Found it in my local hardware shop.
    Think I saw an oversized one recently in tesco, but they really do work!
    Terrible situation to be in cause not only are you late but flustered and in bad form from rushing

Advertisement