Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused with used pc desktop! (for producing music/editing video)

Options
  • 08-03-2013 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hiya lads

So I need new pc desktop for making music (mostly hip hop/dubstep) and I found two good ones here is specs:

6 months old

100% NEW

Motherboard Name : Asus M4A78LT-M

Processors : QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 955, 3230 MHz

Video Adapter: ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics

Ram : Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 XMS3

Hard drive : Western Digital 500GB 6GB/s 64MB / 7200rpm

DVD : Samsung DVD±RW (±R DL)

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Also comes with keybord,mouse and dell monitor 17'' widescreen for 300 euro

And I found also:
    3 months old no receipts, but the psu seems like in Lenovo...
    Processor : Intel Core i5-3470 Processor (6M Cache, 3.20GHz)
    Motherboard : Intel Q77 e Express
    RAM : 16GB (4X4GB) PC3-12800 1600MHz Memory
    Graphics : Intel HD Graphics 2500 Integrated
    HDD : 500GB 7200rpm SATA
    LAN : Integrated Intel Gigabit Ethernet
    PSU : SFF 85% Power 240W
    Case : Custom HTPC Case

Comes with only pc, for 350 euro

I dont know which one choose, I need for fas rendering movies from my dslr camera around 3 - 6 minutes lenght in best quality, also for producing music many vsts. Please help me, and yes I have monitor but no keybord and no mouse.
    ITS NOT COMPUTER FOR GAMING ! mostly for work, maybe old games like gothic, need for speed carbon/underground 2 and so on (from 2003 to end of 2009)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Some graphics cards these days are designed to help with rendering/encoding, take some strain off the CPU, nVidia CUDA or Quadro cards would most likely be better off than integrated Intel, not sure of any AMD cards.
    AS for CPU I think the more cores the better for that stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

The Core i5 is about 50% faster than the AMD. Radeon HD 3000 is an integrated GPU and actually "worse" than HD 2500. If you don't need the monitor, the 2nd computer is the better choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Igor2155

Thx for respond

The problem with second computer is this that I cannot see any inputs like lol...like normally in tower u see several inputs, here theres no wholes for jacks/usbs/and so on its a HTPC case, but HTPC cases used to have some inputs.

Advertisement