Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exact shift pattern in vistakon

• 09-03-2013 6:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering can anyone tell me what the exact shift pattern is in vistakon, I know it's a 12 hour 24/7 rotating shift but I'm looking to know how many days do ya have on and off and how many are days and nights.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 underwood

Your best bet is to camp outside with a big sign asking people what the shift patterns are. I'm sure someone will eventually tell you something

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

Heard its 6 days working non stop, 6 days off!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Back9bandit

I work at Vistakon so here is the shift pattern.Days, 12 hours, 07:20 to 19:30. Work tuesday and wednesday, off thursday and friday, work saturday,sunday,monday,off tuesday and wednesday,work thursday and friday, off saturday,sunday and monday. Repeat this and that is your month of days complete. Then a month of nights, same pattern.
    We work 14 shifts per month. It is easy to remember. If you work a day this week,you are off that day the following week. You work every second weekend but you have a long weekend off every second weekend.
    We have 19 shifts holiday per year.
    Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭galway1973

I work at Vistakon so here is the shift pattern.Days, 12 hours, 07:20 to 19:30. Work tuesday and wednesday, off thursday and friday, work saturday,sunday,monday,off tuesday and wednesday,work thursday and friday, off saturday,sunday and monday. Repeat this and that is your month of days complete. Then a month of nights, same pattern.
    We work 14 shifts per month. It is easy to remember. If you work a day this week,you are off that day the following week. You work every second weekend but you have a long weekend off every second weekend.
    We have 19 shifts holiday per year.
    Hope this helps.
    What is money like?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Back9bandit

galway1973 wrote: »
    What is money like?
    Made flat to stack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

galway1973 wrote: »
    What is money like?

Paper, smells funny, can be exchanged for goods and services.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭mac500

Thanks for the replies, some answers not really what I was looking for but funny all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Patch85

Going for an interview here on monday any advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Get there early
    Make sure you are in the right building!
    Know what they do (contact lenses)
    Any relevant experience you have, let them know!

Advertisement