Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW29 Matchday Thread...

• 09-03-2013 9:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭

Only six games this week, and I would guess the majority are only fielding 10 players or less. Casual players that didn't spot this a couple of weeks ago will either be left with 6 or 7 players, or look at taking big points hits to field a full team. This could mean a big chance to make some serious ground.

I'm looking to my new arrivals Samba, Benteke, Lambert and Sissoko for points, but would be happy just to get my captain choice right again. It seems to be between Bale and Suarez, and I'm leaning towards the Welshman at the moment. There's not much between them with the bookies - Suarez slight favourite to score, but the extra points from Bale and the fact that Sturridge will likely push Suarez a bit deeper are the clinchers for me.

154udk4.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

really thinking of changing captain to lambert.. it seems he gets most of his points away from home looking at his match history. can't see suarez scoring big with the spuds having a decent defence this year. so it's between bale and lambert for me. decisions decisions

pretty lame day of footie today all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Captain choice is crucial this week. A lot of active players are going to have very similar teams.

Suárez is winning every poll I've seen. So could be safe to go with the masses if you're leading your leagues. Bale is on fire at the moment. Can't remember the last game he didn't score in across all competitions. I know it has no logic but it's natural to think this run must end.

Benteke, Remy and Lambert are also great shouts. Teams in and around the relegation zone that need to fight and start scoring. Double digit points from either of them as captain and you'd shoot up the rankings this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Captain choice is crucial this week. A lot of active players are going to have very similar teams.

Suárez is winning every poll I've seen. So could be safe to go with the masses if you're leading your leagues. Bale is on fire at the moment. Can't remember the last game he didn't score in across all competitions. I know it has no logic but it's natural to think this run must end.

Benteke, Remy and Lambert are also great shouts. Teams in and around the relegation zone that need to fight and start scoring. Double digit points from either of them as captain and you'd shoot up the rankings this week.

The safest option I think is Suarez but I'm swayed to Bale as I've to make up some ground in my league and the topspot team can only field 5 players this week without transfers :eek:
    Benteke is really snaring my attention though, this and next week (QPR) could be the games where Villa show they've just that bit more in them than the teams around them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm more than happy with my strikeforce of Benteke, Lambert and Suarez. Don't think there is a stronger one for this GW, although Sturridge worries me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I have gone with Lambert as captain. I have 11 on the pitch with 1 sub who will most likely play. Hopefully I make up some ground today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm fielding ten and banking my transfer. Happy with that. Leaves me in a great position having an extra transfer for future double game weeks.

Not expecting to gain much because I'm playing 4-3-2 and can't see any huge scorers in my team. I'm hoping Lukaku and Benteke are kept quiet.

My hope is to gain a bit on those who have less than 10 playing or who have taken points hits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Hat trick for captain Benteke please

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

roryc wrote: »
    I'm more than happy with my strikeforce of Benteke, Lambert and Suarez. Don't think there is a stronger one for this GW, although Sturridge worries me.

These are my boys too! Hopefully it's where the points are!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'm after taking an 8 point hit to hopefully field XI:
    Onuoha, Mata, Fellaini, Pogrebnyak OUT
    S.Taylor, Sissoko, N'Zogbia, Benteke IN

At the moment I'm going with Snodgrass as Captain!

Begovic
    Dawson, Harte, S.Taylor
    Bale, Snodgrass, N'Zogbia, Sissoko
    Suarez, Lambert, Benteke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

i have 8 players playing today
    should i take a hit to get a player in like Sissoko?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

MD1990 wrote: »

7 players here
    just took a hit to get him in but i have
    three strikers playing so benteke doesnt make sense

he looks like he really should get something from this game
    especially with stoke really out of form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

10 players fielded today, used my FT but no hits. I ended up bringing Sissoko in for Mata (who is now the same price as when I purchased him, so have enough for a straight swap if I want to bring him back).

4-4-1:

Bunn

Martin - Dawson - Wilson - Harte
    Sissoko - Michu - Bale(c) - Puncheon
    Sturridge

Nobody on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

MD1990 wrote: »

If it's long term and replacing somebody that isn't playing it's really only a 2 point hit. Unless Sissoko gets booked. Stoke have conceded in their last 10 games and Newcastle need security points. Latest on Cisse is that he'll be a late decision. So Sissoko has a good chance of being involved in any goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭budgemook

Was torn between bentekkers and lukaku to sub in. Went lukaku and made him captain. Hope it works out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm fielding ten and banking my transfer. Happy with that. Leaves me in a great position having an extra transfer for future double game weeks.

Not expecting to gain much because I'm playing 4-3-2 and can't see any huge scorers in my team. I'm hoping Lukaku and Benteke are kept quiet.

My hope is to gain a bit on those who have less than 10 playing or who have taken points hits.

This. Exactly this. Except the 2 Fts will be used next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

If it's long term and replacing somebody that isn't playing it's really only a 2 point hit. Unless Sissoko gets booked. Stoke have conceded in their last 10 games and Newcastle need security points. Latest on Cisse is that he'll be a late decision. So Sissoko has a good chance of being involved in any goals.
    yeah im gonna leave it with the 8 players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I stuck it on Samba.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Only six games this week, and I would guess the majority are only fielding 10 players or less. Casual players that didn't spot this a couple of weeks ago will either be left with 6 or 7 players, or look at taking big points hits to field a full team. This could mean a big chance to make some serious ground.

I'm looking to my new arrivals Samba, Benteke, Lambert and Sissoko for points, but would be happy just to get my captain choice right again. It seems to be between Bale and Suarez, and I'm leaning towards the Welshman at the moment. There's not much between them with the bookies - Suarez slight favourite to score, but the extra points from Bale and the fact that Sturridge will likely push Suarez a bit deeper are the clinchers for me.

4 transfers Rory? 8 point hit or wildcard? I took a 4 point hit so i could field 11! Mata was the one to lose out in my team but i might look at bringing Lamps back in for him after this week! Hoping the fact i have 11 playing this week can keep my momentum up this week, all green arrows lately!

Really hoping a lot of people are caught out with the lack of fixtures this weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'm very close to taking a four point hit to ship Federici out for a cheaper, playing goalkeeper who I will let sit behind DDG most likely for the duration. Any thoughts on viable options?

A 1 nil win for Liverpool, Suarez to score would be perfect tomorrow! Most will have captained either Suarez or Bale and i really just want Liverpool to win today! I'm not even being greedy, 1 nil isn't much to ask is it! :o

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    I'm very close to taking a four point hit to ship Federici out for a cheaper, playing goalkeeper who I will let sit behind DDG most likely for the duration. Any thoughts on viable options?

If you have no keeper this week, look at Elliot (Newcastle). Should get the next 4-5 games. Has a great fixture this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Politt
    Santon, Harte, Samba, Zabaleta
    Walcott, Mata, Puncheon, Bale (v)
    Sturridge (c), RVP

4 transfers Rory? 8 point hit or wildcard? I took a 4 point hit so i could field 11! Mata was the one to lose out in my team but i might look at bringing Lamps back in for him after this week! Hoping the fact i have 11 playing this week can keep my momentum up this week, all green arrows lately!

Really hoping a lot of people are caught out with the lack of fixtures this weekend!

It was over 2 weeks so 4 point hit each week. I can't see any reason to get rid of Walcott, Mata, Zab or Evra for one week only. It wastes two much needed transfers and there are no likely 'big' scorers playing this week that I don't already have, other than possibly Gerrard. Coupled with the fact that all four of the above will have a DGW coming up.

People fielding 11 this week are probably in a worse position imo. This is something I'm banking on though - inexperienced players taking big hits because they think they have to field 11, and then realising that they are ill prepared for the DGW's. I took two points hits over the last two weeks but it's more down to the fact that I've had players in my team since the Jan Wildcard (Demel/Pog) that I wanted to get rid of, and this is the best time to do it.

I'll be happy with an average score this week that covers the points hit, more important is to be in a good position for the final run in. If I see green arrows this week it's a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Took a four point hit but have the full eleven today so should make up ground, hopefully captain Ricky does the job :pac:

It was over 2 weeks so 4 point hit each week. I can't see any reason to get rid of Walcott, Mata, Zab or Evra for one week only. It wastes two much needed transfers and there are no likely 'big' scorers playing this week that I don't already have, other than possibly Gerrard. Coupled with the fact that all four of the above will have a DGW coming up.

People fielding 11 this week are probably in a worse position imo. This is something I'm banking on though - inexperienced players taking big hits because they think they have to field 11, and then realising that they are ill prepared for the DGW's. I took two points hits over the last two weeks but it's more down to the fact that I've had players in my team since the Jan Wildcard (Demel/Pog) that I wanted to get rid of, and this is the best time to do it.

I'll be happy with an average score this week that covers the points hit, more important is to be in a good position for the final run in. If I see green arrows this week it's a bonus.

Ah i see, i thought you went all out this week!

Id have to disagree with that to some extent!! The only big player i took out of my team this week was Mata, i had 2 FT and shipped Demel out for Samba which i had been waiting to do and Anichebe for Lambert who could do well this weekand and had been looking at bringing in for a while too. Didnt like shipping Mata but felt it would be worth it to have 11 this week! My bench is made up of RVP, Evra and Walcott so next week my front 7 will be:

Sissoko - Michu - Bale - Walcott

- Lambert - Suarez - Van Persie

Nothing too shabby about that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

keane2097 wrote: »

I'm expecting big things from Norwich fourth choice Jed Steer.

now mulling over Zabaleta to Santon...

Ah i see, i thought you went all out this week!

Id have to disagree with that to some extent!! The only big player i took out of my team this week was Mata, i had 2 FT and shipped Demel out for Samba which i had been waiting to do and Anichebe for Lambert who could do well this weekand and had been looking at bringing in for a while too. Didnt like shipping Mata but felt it would be worth it to have 11 this week! My bench is made up of RVP, Evra and Walcott so next week my front 7 will be:

Sissoko - Michu - Bale - Walcott

- Lambert - Suarez - Van Persie

Nothing too shabby about that?

Nope. Obviously having 11 players > 10 players and what you've done above doesn't seem high risk. Of all the players Mata seems to be the easiest to drop. My comment is more aimed at casual players who might take an 8 or 12 point hit just to field 11 players this week, without realising that this will likely be a low scoring GW and they'll probably end up doing more harm than good taking out DGW players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Nope. Obviously having 11 players > 10 players and what you've done above doesn't seem high risk. Of all the players Mata seems to be the easiest to drop. My comment is more aimed at casual players who might take an 8 or 12 point hit just to field 11 players this week, without realising that this will likely be a low scoring GW and they'll probably end up doing more harm than good taking out DGW players.

Plenty of time to get the players back though, Arsenal and Everton DGW isnt for another 3 GWs.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

A 1 nil win for Liverpool, Suarez to score would be perfect today! Most will have captained either Suarez or Bale and i really just want Liverpool to win today! I'm not even being greedy, 1 nil isn't much to ask is it! :o

I'd be more concerned about the fact they are playing tomorrow

Advertisement