Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant watch netflix on xbox live?

• 09-03-2013 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

Hi all wondering can someone help me? Im trying to watch netflix on my xbox but when I go to Play a film it says active x disabled or disable firewall but ive went into my internet settings and it says it is I think im doing it properly please if anyone has had the same problem and fixed it can give me a bit of advice ?? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Sinbad311

hollster2 wrote: »
    Hi all wondering can someone help me? Im trying to watch netflix on my xbox but when I go to Play a film it says active x disabled or disable firewall but ive went into my internet settings and it says it is I think im doing it properly please if anyone has had the same problem and fixed it can give me a bit of advice ?? :)
    Try turning the firewall off on your router

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Sinbad311 wrote: »
    Try turning the firewall off on your router
    hi tnx ive done this but it says that the avg security is a back up and fire wall still on???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Wait are you trying to watch it through Internet Explorer on the Xbox?

Meesared wrote: »
    Wait are you trying to watch it through Internet Explorer on the Xbox?
    yeah is that wrong?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Yes, download the Netflix app from the Apps section on the Dashboard instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Yep, on the Xbox dashboard, scroll over to tv, then select apps and download the Netflix app. You can change your primary and secondary DNS settings to access us Netflix which has far more content but we can't discuss how to do that here!

Ok thanks all ill try that !!!!

Thanks guys that worked kids are delighted :)

Advertisement