Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer SOS

Options
  • 09-03-2013 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I have a hp laptop, froze this mornin so turned it off and now when i turn it back on it wont go past the starting windows screen, wont start up in safe mode, wont start in the 'repair computer' mode, wont start up in the recommended repair mode or start windows normally. Any hope for me??
    Its windows 7, never got a windows installation disc with computer so cant try that, i have full anti virus and always had so doubt it can be that. The fan overheats quite often so maybe it could be a malfunction with that???

Any and all ideas welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

While I wouldn't rule out overheating, you should test the hard disc drive for errors.

Grab UBCD and run Vivard.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭HelpWithIT

Let it completely cool down and then try get it in safe mode, if you can borrow a Windows 7 disk and when loading at start just select repair computer option and see how it goes, if those methods don't work then you would need top get it looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 johnmd01

+1 Win 7 disk and R option for repair,that should get you back in if the disk is not faulty,if its only overheating then it should actually power on ok again after a bit.
    Be careful if you are using a win 7 disk that you don't install windows 7 over the original and format the disk etc...

Advertisement