Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Ringtones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,614 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Capcom logo from SFII as message tone.

SFII intro screen as ringtone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

My current ringtone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Used to have the Alert from Metal Gear Solid 2 when an enemy found you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Can anyone do me a favour and get me the song from the classic Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (point and click adventure game), the world map part [Escape from Venice music] ? :D

YouTube doesn't seem to have it, just this:

>_<;

Murderwall theme from kid chameleon as ring tone and "Die!" soundbyte for texts/emails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭recyclops

I use papers please theme as my alarm song, it really sets up my day going to work.

the girlfriend hates it too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

My Text message alert is a sound clip from Bastion.

My ringtone is Franks one from House of Cards. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

A few from the awesome Shatter OST:

- Hyperspace (current ringtone)

- Boss Music

- Amethyst Caverns (excellent track, decent ringtone)

From Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix:

- Clamato Fever OC Remix

Mr E wrote: »
    my current ringtone is Kitty Rock from Aqua Kitty. :)
    Nice! Cool choon that gets straight to the point. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Kinda gaming related - I use the Giant Bombcast theme for my ringtone , I used to have the "YEAH!" that marcus fenix from gears of war says when you get a perfect active reload for texts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I'm playing a lot of Crypt of the Necrodancer recently, lots of great Danny B tracks. My next ringtone will probably be coming out of that OST, having used samples from Super Meat Boy and Canabalt in the past.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Using this for the alarm on my phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

My ringtone right now is the banjo kazooie theme tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Penn wrote: »
    Oh man now I want Steve's "Heyo!" from Borderlands as my notification tone

took 2 ****ing days to make this and UPC dont give me any websapce to upload this, heres hoping boards allows it.

HEYO!!!! add to itunes and your done, if you have a useful phone then drag and drop.

if you host at least credit me and gearbox :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Metal Gear Codec sound as my text tone.

For my ringtone I use:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,558 ✭✭✭✭Penn

dreamers75 wrote: »
    took 2 ****ing days to make this and UPC dont give me any websapce to upload this, heres hoping boards allows it.

HEYO!!!! add to itunes and your done, if you have a useful phone then drag and drop.

if you host at least credit me and gearbox :D

I actually just Googled it and found it on Reddit shortly after my original post, so it's been my tone for a few days (and makes me laugh every time). Still though, I appreciate the effort :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Was just thinking, you know what i'd like to use as my sound for unlocking my phone (if i did have it active that is) would be the sound of opening the menu in Resident Evil one, that "plip" sound

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I have "Heyo!" for notifications now too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fate Amenable To Change

Nothing beats Navi's "listen"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

...to get you to throw your phone at a wall :pac:

I used Mario and Tetris themes as ringtones for a while. Also had the agility orb from Crackdown as a text alert. No custom themes on my current phone, plus it's mainly kept on silent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fate Amenable To Change

...to get you to throw your phone at a wall :pac:

I used Mario and Tetris themes as ringtones for a while. Also had the agility orb from Crackdown as a text alert. No custom themes on my current phone, plus it's mainly kept on silent.

Try it for a day

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I have a worm from Worms Armageddon screaming "Incoming!!!" as my text. My ringtone is the easter egg secret song from Battle Block theater. :o

EDIT: Won't let me embed so here is a link. http://youtu.be/zwZISypgA9M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I had "Hey, listen!" as my text alert for months! Then I changed it to Kelly Chambers (ME2) announcing, "Commander, you've received a new message at your private terminal". I changed that though after forgetting to silence my phone and it went off while in a church, attending a wedding. The glares I got - they still haunt me.

E-mail alerts are the Mario power up sound. Ringtone at the moment is the Jurassic Park theme tune because it makes me ridiculously happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,614 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Great post, Jaxxy. For several reasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jaxxy wrote: »
    I had "Hey, listen!" as my text alert for months! Then I changed it to Kelly Chambers (ME2) announcing, "Commander, you've received a new message at your private terminal". I changed that though after forgetting to silence my phone and it went off while in a church, attending a wedding. The glares I got - they still haunt me.

E-mail alerts are the Mario power up sound. Ringtone at the moment is the Jurassic Park theme tune because it makes me ridiculously happy.

Please tell me you got up and said "I should go."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Love this ringtone on my phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

J. Marston wrote: »
    Please tell me you got up and said "I should go."

Of course. Swiftly followed by a "We'll bang, okay?"

• Registered Users Posts: 34,797 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I tried this for a while and never missed a phone call, ever. :pac:

Mario 1up sound as my SMS tone. Previously had the starman from New SMB Wii as my ringtone.

Stupid iPhones not supporting custom tones in apps, such as WhatsApp. Still have the tri-tone in that. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,346 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I try to have tones that could almost pass for a default phone ringtone, don't like being too embarrassing or nerdy, in public anyway!

For my SMS tone, it's the sound of a new notebook entry from Shenmue. If you have forgotten the sound, it's 34 seconds into this video:

There are a few other decent message tones in that video too if you are a Shenmue fan.

Advertisement