Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running shoes for heavyweights

• 09-03-2013 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭

I'm 4 week's into c25k and enjoying it. I need a new pair of runners but can't justify(or afford) spending big money on gait analysis and high end ones at the moment. I'm 17st is there anything in particular that I should be looking for? From the wear patterns on my old runners I'm looking pretty neutral.
    Sportsdirect have a good selection of new balance,Reebok and addidas etc for under €30 which is about what I'd like to spend. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Nike zoom vomeros are a neutral runner for the more portly athletes, i believe.. can always be picked up in the outlet centre Kildare cheap enough..

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

mr.wiggle wrote: »
    Nike zoom vomeros are a neutral runner for the more portly athletes, i believe.. can always be picked up in the outlet centre Kildare cheap enough..

I just got a pair of the Nikes zoom vomeros. Always wore asics but found out after a video analysis I'm a heel striker, from what I was told Asics have a slightly higher heel than the other brands (I hope he is right). Done a few kms since I got the Nikes and so far so good with them. Shoes cost €120 and the gait analysis was free.

Advertisement