Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamesweek 30 Transfers.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Have Suarez, Walcott and Sturridge. Trying to decide whether Giroud would be a prudent transfer in for Sturridge this week. He seems to be getting his game and while Liverpool have good fixtures on paper their next 2 are away to teams who are looking decent at home. Arsenal are capable of putting some big results up in the coming weeks I think whereas if Liverpool lose 1 or 2 games I feel they might start to wind down for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Hogey007 wrote: »
    my intention was always to bring gerrard in for this gw and then put mata back in next week, next 3 fixtures west ham (h) southampton (a) and sunderland (h) and then review his place depending on when his dgw is scheduled for, maybe bringing in an arsenal player for their dgw in gw 33.

But wondering now if it's worth wasting transfers on and if maybe i'd be better off just bringing in cazorla now? swansea (a) reading (h) and west brom (a) before the dgw of Norwich (h) and everton (h)

I sligthly prefer Mata's next 3 fixtures over cazorla's but cazorla surely faces no risk of rotation and if i do it now i save a transfer. it'd be much easier if i knew wehn chelsea's extra game was going to be.

Anyone else considering similar or is anyone who had mata getting him back in?

i posted this earlier in the thread but don't think it got any replies, has anyone else who still has mata or took him out last week but planned bringing him back this week any views on what they'll do with him now?

seriously think i'll just go with cazorla but with walcott already is that arsenal overload?

If chelsea qualify tonight their fixture congestion/rotation will be a nigthmare, they also play man united in the replay just 2 days after their gw31 fixture so big chance of mata being rested there and if they beat united they may have no gw33. (still waiting on their game with fulham to be announced, i guess that'll be dependant on if they qualify tonight)

so to sum up my post, i'll probably have cazorla for for the dgw in gw33, do i do the transfer now or bring mata back in for the next 3 weeks? (currently have gerrard)

I suppose it'll become a bit clearer after tonight, just wondering what other mata owners/potential owners thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hogey007 wrote: »
    i posted this earlier in the thread but don't think it got any replies, has anyone else who still has mata or took him out last week but planned bringing him back this week any views on what they'll do with him now?

seriously think i'll just go with cazorla but with walcott already is that arsenal overload?

If chelsea qualify tonight their fixture congestion/rotation will be a nigthmare, they also play man united in the replay just 2 days after their gw31 fixture so big chance of mata being rested there and if they beat united they may have no gw33. (still waiting on their game with fulham to be announced, i guess that'll be dependant on if they qualify tonight)

so to sum up my post, i'll probably have cazorla for for the dgw in gw33, do i do the transfer now or bring mata back in for the next 3 weeks? (currently have gerrard)

I suppose it'll become a bit clearer after tonight, just wondering what other mata owners/potential owners thought.
    it will be a bit clearer tonight with regard to chances of rotation.My fear with doing mata to carzola is chelsea losing the replay and then chelsea fulham game being refixed meaning chelsea also having a dgw 33.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Begovic / Bunn

Samba / Davies / Clyne / Clichy / Dawson

Michu / Fellaini / Walcott / Mata / Bale

RVP / Lambert / Sturridge

1.1 in the bank & 2 FT's

I have ideas myself but I'd like some 2nd opinions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,440 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

looks like i made a couple of drunk transfers last night, but they could have gone worse
    samba out, turner in
    la fondre out, moore in

cost me 4 points to do it too, but oh well, gives me 4.4 mill in the bank for the double game weeks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm waiting till after the Chelsea game tonight to make transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

looks like getting Aguero out is looking even better...
    @FFScout

Reports suggest Sergio Aguero is unlikely to be fit in time for Saturday's trip to Everton

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Dempsey wrote: »
    Begovic / Bunn

Samba / Davies / Clyne / Clichy / Dawson

Michu / Fellaini / Walcott / Mata / Bale

RVP / Lambert / Sturridge

1.1 in the bank & 2 FT's

I have ideas myself but I'd like some 2nd opinions
    How about 1 or 2 transfers from:

Begovic to de Gea

Davies/Clyne to Turner

Fellaini to Sissoko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I fancy Everton to bounce back from their defeat at Wigan and get something from this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm waiting till after the Chelsea game tonight to make transfers.

Was considering Mata instead of Fellaini but this depends on how Chelsea get on tonight,a future fixture pile up could mean Rafa rotating players even more than usual.

This weekend is Fellaini's last chance to prove himself-he's been cack since Xmas.If he can't be bothered against the champions then he's out of my squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Not planning on any transfers this week but am left with the decision of Bunn vs Mignolet between the sticks this week! Considering they play eachother this week who is the better option? I know Norwich are away but Bunn has been in great form lately!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

it will be interesting to see who starts in goal for arsenal this weekend. szeszny didnt play last nite cos of his state of mind !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

hmm given chelsea's fixture congestion i think i'll pass on bringing mata back in for now, it could come back to bite me especially with west ham at home this weekend but after that it's an international break and then his next game away to southampton comes 2 days before they play united so he might not even start that game. his next league game then has 3 cup games around it so no guarantee he'll play that league game either.
    Not sure about bringing cazorla in just yet, i think i'll leave gerrard where he is for this weekend as it's versus southampton and will probably bank the transfer so that i'll have 2 free transfers to fix any damage done by the international break and by then we should know when chelsea's game v fulham is going to be played.
    Will probably bring in cazorla after the international break for reading at home and getting myself geared towards their dgw in gw 33.

Begovic out De Gea in. Pointless waiting any longer and might not get up in time tomorrow to make the change. Barring injury he'll be my keeper for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

roryc wrote: »
    Begovic out De Gea in. Pointless waiting any longer and might not get up in time tomorrow to make the change. Barring injury he'll be my keeper for the rest of the season.

same here.

watch Fergie put Lindegaard in tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Ben Arfa out for the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm so torn on my transfer. My plan was to bring Mata back in for Sissoko having done the reverse last week, but with the FA Cup reply and Europa progress I'm really worried about fixture congestion. I'll be nervous as fùck for the West Ham game if I don't have him though.

The other thing I'm torn on is Aguero - it's been a disastrous transfer so far, and part of me is stubborn about keeping him until it comes off. He's out for this GW at the very least though, and who knows whether he'll make it back for the next one. If I do Sissoko to Mata I'll be 0.1 short transferring Aguero back out for Suarez - if I don't do the former, I have 3.1m to play around with.

One free transfer, but not averse to taking a small hit if necessary.

If there's anything glaringly obvious I'm missing I'll happily take any advice on board.

SlickRic wrote: »
    same here.

watch Fergie put Lindegaard in tomorrow.

I've gotten rid of Beg who is at home to West Brom, and my sub keeper Fed is 100% out. So yeah, the above seems the most likely scenario.

I'm so torn on my transfer. My plan was to bring Mata back in for Sissoko having done the reverse last week, but with the FA Cup reply and Europa progress I'm really worried about fixture congestion. I'll be nervous as fùck for the West Ham game if I don't have him though.

The other thing I'm torn on is Aguero - it's been a disastrous transfer so far, and part of me is stubborn about keeping him until it comes off. He's out for this GW at the very least though, and who knows whether he'll make it back for the next one. If I do Sissoko to Mata I'll be 0.1 short transferring Aguero back out for Suarez - if I don't do the former, I have 3.1m to play around with.

One free transfer, but not averse to taking a small hit if necessary.

If there's anything glaringly obvious I'm missing I'll happily take any advice on board.

Id take aguero out he doesnt play this week mightnt start the next game and then its utd away.City will have a dgw after gw 33 so have a plan in place for getting him back in for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Thinking of going for Rafael now instead of Turner.

How likely is Fergie to rest him?!

[edit]Done![/edit]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I've had to swap Aguero for Rooney, I planned to wait a week or two for that move but it had to be now. I wanted to drop Michu for Walcott but it's not worth taking a hit for it this week, injuries can really play havoc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Bought in De Gea for Begovic. I have Rafael too but ive a feeling he may be rested. Main problem is who to leave out from Gerrard Walcott Sturridge and Lambert.
    At the moment I've left Walcott out away to Swansea. The other 3 are all involved in the one game which may well be low scoring so I'm slightly worried about that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

Kagawa in for Cabaye, who is crocked again, ankles made of French crystal. Hoping Kagawa gets in amongst the goals/assists versus Reading as I dont have Van Persie. Going on form alone, he could outshine the Dutchman.. I'm surprised that not more people are transferring him in (11K so far), a good differential too so. Suarez captain again, Mr. Spurs FC gave me food for thought but his supporting cast will be knackered after Thurs night's game.

I've had to swap Aguero for Rooney, I planned to wait a week or two for that move but it had to be now. I wanted to drop Michu for Walcott but it's not worth taking a hit for it this week, injuries can really play havoc

I'll be aiming for Michu->Walcott before the next gameweek which is miles away :)
    km79 wrote: »
    I have Rafael too but ive a feeling he may be rested.

Let's pray!

garra wrote: »
    Kagawa in for Cabaye, who is crocked again, ankles made of French crystal. Hoping Kagawa gets in amongst the goals/assists versus Reading as I dont have Van Persie. Going on form alone, he could outshine the Dutchman.. I'm surprised that not more people are transferring him in (11K so far), a good differential too so. Suarez captain again, Mr. Spurs FC gave me food for thought but his supporting cast will be knackered after Thurs night's game.

Kagawas a gamble nobody could be confident of him starting.Great option if playing every week but he doesnt. By his form your talking about one game against norwich if he starts he could get u double figures just as much chance of him not starting though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Just after doing Begovic to DDG and Shawcross to Mertesacker.

I've no idea why I got in Mertesacker. Could be a masterstroke or another of my ****e moves.

sky sports reporting tevez is out today if anyone thinking of bringing him in. Will probably mean yaya will play off the front man again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Is Rafael a definite starter?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Grid. wrote: »
    Is Rafael a definite starter?????
    Fergie said Rafael and Evra are exhausted .....

I'm sitting here with Michu OUT as one of my pending transfers. Arsenal, Spurs and a bank next 3. Am I crazy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I'm sitting here with Michu OUT as one of my pending transfers. Arsenal, Spurs and a bank next 3. Am I crazy?

i dont think so
    how many more weeks should you give him before he scores big?
    one good gw since xmas
    there'll be plenty of mids for the same price who will definitely
    outscore him imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

It's getting to the point where he is no longer dependable, not much point in having that much money in a player who wouldn't surprise you if he got 2 points for 4-5 weeks in a row.

He has pretty high ownership and, I keep expecting him to grab a few goals, but I think this every week and it hasn't been happening often enough. Stuck this week between choosing michu or lambert to bench

BREAKING NEWS:

Futureguy sells Michu.

More information as we get it.

mailburner wrote: »
    i dont think so
    how many more weeks should you give him before he scores big?
    one good gw since xmas
    there'll be plenty of mids for the same price who will definitely
    outscore him imo

1 more week!!

It's over my love affair with Michu is over. Thought we'd be together for ever. But he's let me down so often.

No seriously, I have to grab the season by it's balls. 50% of people are getting a couple of points each week. I need to be getting more.

Evans and Kagawa in, Davies and Michu out.

RVP captain.

United fan.

Pub.

Pint.

Van Persie away shirt.

Reading at home.

5:30

Come on United!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Loco wrote: »
    1 more week!!

Addiction has set in, exactly what I've been saying for weeks, but I always seem to have more pressing transfers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I think my inhibitions are lowering as the season goes on - I'm not competing for top spots in any of my leagues, so I'm not nearly as risk averse. With that in mind, I took an 8-point hit:

Sissoko, Aguero, Puncheon out.

Mata, Suarez, Townsend in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

BREAKING NEWS:

Futureguy sells Michu.

More information as we get it.

Shipped him as well. Second week in a row I've taken a four point hit but only my second of the season and it was to sell Michu and Sturridge for Maloney and RVP.

RVP straight in as captain and hopefully he'll fire for the rest of the season.

roryc wrote: »
    I fancy Everton to bounce back from their defeat at Wigan and get something from this game.

For once I actually followed my gut and backed them. Step 1 of my treble looks good.

Advertisement