Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry Stone Wall

Options
  • 09-03-2013 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hiya,
    We are getting dry wall stone pillars for the entrance of house, how much approx are we looking at per sq mt on the labour. It's approx 13 sq mts in total

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭JuniorB

Doubt you will get a quote per sq mt. Tricky work doing 4 corners on each pillar. I'd estimate 5 days work x €130 a day = €650 as a minimum.
    Advice given as a customer - could be way off!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pinky123

Got a quote in yesterday, €1350..... Guy comes highly recommended but defo more than I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nialler3901

You will find it impossible to get a per metre rate. Will he provide his own labourer?
    If they are big piers, to be built from scratch, and he provides his own labourer or labours for himself €1,000 to €1,200 is more like it. Try haggling a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭newbie2013

How much is the stone per sq mtr. I know roadstone do it in big bags but havent a clue how much it is. Im thinking of building a fireplace in stone doing the work myself so wouldnt mind knowing prices of stone.

Hiya, we are getting Lacken stone in Mayo, it's €150 a bag for light grey finish plus delivery. Can't imagine you would use more than 1 bag for a fireplace, my aunt did a big surround around her stove and they did not use a full bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭newbie2013

Pinky123 wrote: »
    Hiya, we are getting Lacken stone in Mayo, it's €150 a bag for light grey finish plus delivery. Can't imagine you would use more than 1 bag for a fireplace, my aunt did a big surround around her stove and they did not use a full bag.

Do you have to order this from lacken quarry or do builders yard sell it

We will be buying direct from yard but if you give them a call I am sure they will let you know if any builder providers carry their products.

http://www.lackenstone.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭adne

Pinky123 wrote: »

Is that for cut stone?

Advertisement