Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from C & T-Spiralbus/Zaph Thread here.

Options
  • 09-03-2013 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭

With respect to the Mod Team and those involved in the C&T forum,I feel I must support Spiralbus/Parsi in their attempts to challenge their ban.

I too have recieved a week long C&T ban following an exchange with Foggy-Lad.

I do not see the issue of infarctions or bans as a problem of itslef,however in this specific case it would appear that a particular line of virtually constant,and unsubstantiated accusations against INDIVIDUAL employees of of various Public Transport organizations.

These accusations,are made in almost every C&T post by Foggy_Lad,and are,in the main,easily challengable and debatable,something which,to be fair,Foggy_Lad is adept at doing.

I should state clearly that Foggy_Lad is a highly enjoyable and well travelled poster,with no end of enjoyable opinions on the Public Transport scene.

However when those opinions are posted as accusations of borderline criminal activity,such as aiding and abetting acts of sexual deviancy on or about Public Transport,I feel the Mod team cannot be surprised if this is robustly challenged by employees of the companies concerned.

Foggy-Lad's response,which merited him a ban also,illustrated this clearly as he outlined his own perception of a particular passenger "touching his genital region through his trousers" as proof that that passenger was in someway criminal.

His allegation that the BusEireann Driver and Inspector were remiss in not immediately acting upon his sole unsubstantiated accusation is,surely,not sustainable in reality ?

I have responded previously,by linking to well reported incidents,where Public Transport employees have been to the fore in having such offenders taken into custody by the Gardai.

The CIE group companies have in addition heavily invested in CCTV systems throughout their networks which are,on a daily basis,acccessed by Gardai following up on various lines of criminal enquiries.

At the end of the day,I'm not particularly interested in entering into long drawn out appeals processes or similar argy-bargy,simply to secure a recognition of realism on the C&T forum.

If the overall policy of Boards is to allow or encourage such a situation then I,as a contributor simply have to accept this,or perhaps consider whether it's worthwhile living with it in order to continue contributing to the greater body of debate on these Fora.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Are you or aren't you disputing your ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Heavens,sorry Spear,I'll simplify it for you, yes I've already PM'd Monument to that effect.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Hey Alek,

For your ban, you need to try and hash it out with monument first and if that fails you can appeal to us. But you do not appear to be challenging the ban from your initial post?

Regarding parsi, you can't appeal someone else's ban here and sitebans aren't dealt with here anyway for obvious reasons.

Regarding foggy_lad, if you want to query or complain about the moderation of a forum then PM the CMods of the category, i.e. myself, Ickle Magoo, Scofflaw and Dades and we'll look into it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Please reply within 24 hours if you wish to continue this DR.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement