Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ruhrpott-Derby

• 09-03-2013 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭

It's just over an hour to go, and we have the derby between the old rivals Sch**** and Borussia Dortmund.

After the scuffles in Dortmund last year, everything seems to be peaceful so far.

But let's talk about football ;)

Hummels might be back in the starting XI, and after the convincing 3:0 against Donetsk, Borussia Dortmund hopefully will get some sweet revenge for that embarrassing defeat the last time out.

And with a win, Borussia will go 13 points clear of the blue and white ones :D

Bring it on...Heja BVB :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Looking forward to this. Have a bit of time to myself this weekend so footy will be taking over :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Apparently, Reus is starting from the bench :eek:

No word on Hummels yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Apparently, Reus is starting from the bench :eek:

No word on Hummels yet...

@BVB: BVB: Weidenfeller, Piszczek - Subotic - Hummels - Schmelzer, Gündogan - Bender, Kuba - Götze - Großkreutz, Lewandowski. #s04bvb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Surprised about Reus. Had he picked up a knock recently? Would have liked him in there instead of Großkreutz.

At least Hummels is back for BVB.

Knex. wrote: »
    Surprised about Reus. Had he picked up a knock recently? Would have liked him in there instead of Großkreutz.

At least Hummels is back for BVB.

I don't know anything about an injury, the guys on the radio were surprised as well. But they reckon, Reus will play some part at some stage of the match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lars can I ask where does the Pott thing come from? Im going to a fest in Weltins Arena called Rock im Pitt. Im assuming its a river name now.

Mushy wrote: »
    Lars can I ask where does the Pott thing come from? Im going to a fest in Weltins Arena called Rock im Pitt. Im assuming its a river name now.

The whole area is called 'Ruhr Valley' ('Ruhrgebiet' in German), named after the river 'Ruhr'. The 'Pott' is a local word for those huge kettles, they melt steel in. 'Puett' is dialect for 'Pott'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

I like Dortmund, think they're a great club.
    However it just wouldn't be natural if I agreed with Lars, so C'min Schalke!
    :p

Eirebear wrote: »
    I like Dortmund, think they're a great club.
    However it just wouldn't be natural if I agreed with Lars, so C'min Schalke!
    :p

Welcome to my thread. Any idea, if Jelle will join in as well? :D

Welcome to my thread. Any idea, if Jelle will join in as well? :D

Tbf he probably knows more than me about German football so I'm sure he'll make an appearance!

• Advertisement

Tbf he probably knows more than me about German football so I'm sure he'll make an appearance!

I know. if Union claims the relegation spot at the end of the season, he might sell Currywurst in Tolka Park :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

For some reason Jogi Löw has decided to attend the Bayer game instead!

I have a feeling Schalke will win this, Bastos with a goal and an assist!

Sorry Lars/Nuri :o

I know. if Union claims the relegation spot at the end of the season, he might sell Currywurst in Tolka Park :D

If that happens i'll pay Tolka a visit myself!

If that happens i'll pay Tolka a visit myself!

It's always worth a visit, so feel free to come ;)

FFS :mad::mad::mad:

1-0 Schalke - Draxler.

He's going to have a great season next year playing through the middle where Holtby used to play.

Fortuna have taken the lead AT Bayern courtesy of a Lumpi Lambertz goal @ Lars. Cheer up!

My nerves...

Why is Reus still on the bench? :confused:

2-0 - Huntelaar

Ouch. BVB are shocking!

I'm getting sick...

Ouch.

• Advertisement

Abysmal performance in the first half :mad:

It can only get better, Santana and Sahin warming up, but no sign of Reus yet

Correction, Sahin and Reus on for Hummels and Grosskreutz

Lewandowski 2:1...come the f*** on, Borussia

Decent comeback in the second half, but it was not enough. I am gutted, you must not loose twice in the same season against those spannerheads :mad:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

My internet was acting up so I only saw a few minutes here and there. I'll consider myself lucky for that alone.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    My internet was acting up so I only saw a few minutes here and there. I'll consider myself lucky for that alone.

You were lucky indeed. I was only listening to the so called match on the radio. The parents in Germany watched it in a pub, apparently my mother hurled a chair at someone dressed in blue and ****e. That's pride and passion, I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭DaveyCakes

No, throwing a chair at someone is being an arsehole.

No offence, but its true.

DaveyCakes wrote: »
    No, throwing a chair at someone is being an arsehole.

No offence, but its true.

Let's put it this way, that derby is the toughest match in Germany, it's much worse that United vs Leeds or United vs Liverpool or Rangers vs Celtic...or whatever is your choice.

Apart from that, a woman, 73 years of age an 'arsehole'? Just because she didn't take any abuse from some drunken idiots?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

That is the Ruhr spirit!

The other main derby ;) ended with Fortuna Koln drawing with FC Koln II 2-2 :( (Fcuk FC!)

• Advertisement

That is the Ruhr spirit!

The other main derby ;) ended with Fortuna Koln drawing with FC Koln II 2-2 :( (Fcuk FC!)

Didn't know, you support Fortuna ;)

Anyway, the 'Ruhr spirit'...it's something in your blood, you follow your club from the cradle to the grave. And if that doesn't help, Borussia Dortmund still has a good chance to win the Champions League and Sch**** will end up with no silverware at all, but they are well used to it, they never won the Bundesliga :p

Anyway, the 'Ruhr spirit'...it's something in your blood, you follow your club from the cradle to the grave. And if that doesn't help, Borussia Dortmund still has a good chance to win the Champions League and Sch**** will end up with no silverware at all, but they are well used to it, they never won the Bundesliga :p

My Fathers Club :) Happy to see them slowly moving back up after all that happened. Went to Schalke in the past in the old stadium to see them play Gladbach, they are an "interesting" bunch...

My Fathers Club :) Happy to see them slowly moving back up after all that happened. Went to Schalke in the past in the old stadium to see them play Gladbach, they are an "interesting" bunch...

The Suedstadion is one of very few grounds, I never visited. But I hope, your Dad is not too upset, that Borussia beat them in the relegation playoff lightyears ago ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭anna.fun

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/33972_436932346384221_2091958113_n.jpg ;)

There's a few more :)

The Suedstadion is one of very few grounds, I never visited. But I hope, your Dad is not too upset, that Borussia beat them in the relegation playoff lightyears ago ;)

Oh he remembers, Losing to FC in the Cup Final was a worse memory :) it is a nice little ground. Went to a cup match back in 1995 against Kaiserslautern. Lost 3-4 with 10 men for most of the second half and extra time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Let's put it this way, that derby is the toughest match in Germany, it's much worse that United vs Leeds or United vs Liverpool or Rangers vs Celtic...or whatever is your choice.

Apart from that, a woman, 73 years of age an 'arsehole'? Just because she didn't take any abuse from some drunken idiots?

angry_old_lady.jpg

Apologies Lars, with it being mother's day and all, but I can't the image of your mother the 73 year-old ultra out of my head!

carlop wrote: »
    angry_old_lady.jpg

Apologies Lars, with it being mother's day and all, but I can't the image of your mother the 73 year-old ultra out of my head!

My mother is something special, I can tell you. When Borussia lost the derby at home to those blue and white spannerheads, she got a nervous breakdown :(

And now, she is asking me to bring her down to Tolka, when she and the Dad come over in May, she wants to see (I quote) some 'decent football' :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

See, I think it's because I didn't post in this thread that BVB lost :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Was at the game on Saturday, great atmosphere in the ground and by and large very little trouble. I was expecting there to be a few fights given recent years but everything seemed to pass by relatively peacefully. Good match too but Schalke should have made it far more comfortable than 2-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Would Schalke be considered the Millwall of the German leagues?

• Advertisement

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    See, I think it's because I didn't post in this thread that BVB lost :p

That's it, we have the culprit. Gonna pass this over to some mates in Dortmund, they will come up with a banner, reading 'Do not blame the players, it's all Jelle's fault' :P

;)

But I won't compare Sch**** with Millwall, at least they have decent supporters :pac:

Can be closed, I suppose ;)

Advertisement