Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dear FAI, your league has just started.

• 09-03-2013 3:28pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There's been a bit of hype about the start of the league of Ireland season. I saw a couple of newspapers with a dedicated pull-out, going through club by club and predictions etc... There was twitter and facebook updates coming from individuals, clubs and sites such as extratime. While this was happening what was the body in charge of the league promoting: an away jersey and a girls training camp. I have nothing against the promotion of either of those but I think the start of the highest level of soccer in this country deserves a bit of a mention by it's governing body. That's my rant over.

Link to article on backpagefootball
    Link to FAI facebook page, where you can find out absolutely no information on top flight football in Ireland but you can read some people's reaction to it.

FAI-LoI-1.png

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I think you are belittling the importance of the Soccer Sisters Easter Camp and its associated youtube video tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Delaney will hand out a few cans of Carlsberg and all will be forgiven.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

A completely incompetent organisation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

You know the thing about we live in the shadow of the premier league? Actually when you think about it, this is bull we are cut off from Britain and England totally. It takes effort and money to get there. It takes money to buy sky sports. From anywhere in western Europe now you could take a train fairly easily to London in a matter of hours - no so from where I live.

You can watch English live on TV games in Australia, Japan. You name it. Yet they still go to games.

That doesnt mean you cant build a hugely successful home product especially in a country surrounded by water where it takes effort to leave. It really does

However, I do also blame ordinary Irish people but its also reflected in the society we have. We just keep making the same mistakes over and over again. FF the biggest party again in polls why am I not surprised. We are a totally right wing country hooked on money who really do not want to pay taxes for services and really dont go to entertainment unless it involves huge amounts of drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

I see Salthill had a fantastic performance last night, justifying 100% why we shouldn't have one team representing the whole of Galway.

F*ckAllIintelligence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

I see Doyle up on the pic on the top of your screen shot. Ironically he wouldn't be there if he was still playing away brilliantly with Cork City. IMO there is a story behind his transfer based on more than scouting.

Only recognised because hes not with a LOI club.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

aramush wrote: »
    F*ckAllIintelligence

Careful now, they might fine you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Things are tight for the FAI at the moment so you would think they would be thinking smarter to get their marketing right.

Been saying for a while that the league website is ****e. This is just an extension of this.

The website, facebook, twitter...these are low cost tools to get the message out there.

Groundhog Day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Cheers for plugging my article ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Cheers for plugging my article ;)

No problem, when can you paypal me the money?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

There needs to be a centralised approach from all teams run the league. Each team has a representative on a board in which they try to push the league as the FAI are obviously not willing to.

Strategy, marketing, a budget assigned to regional projects and such needs to be at the hands of those that care...either the boards of the relevant trusts associated with the clubs. The Fans form was a start but poorly structured imo.

Clubs running the league just wont work, I dont think. If clubs continue to overspend when they are submitting accounts to the FAI, they definitely will do it if self governed.

The FAI are good for the league in terms of bargaining power, I dont think MNS would be feasible if they didnt bundle it in with the international package for example.

FAI have proven they cant do the necessary time and time again. It's up to clubs to start to cop on to this and come up with their own solutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I'm not surprised, I'm disappointed but not surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I chuckled at this. From their Facebook page.

577154_489140894468670_452477917_n.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Ah, it was probably only disgruntled Dundalk fans on facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

hmmm wonder where the inspiration for that article came from :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

dreamers75 wrote: »
    hmmm wonder where the inspiration for that article came from :D

Nah it was borne out of the lack of twitter activity but thanks for providing something to add more weight to the argument ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

From the FAI Twitter account not 2 minutes ago.
    For updates from the airtricity league follow our dedicated twitter feed @airtricityleag

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

That_Guy wrote: »
    From the FAI Twitter account not 2 minutes ago.

Twats!

Advertisement