Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backing up to external HDD

Options
  • 09-03-2013 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Would anyone know of a program for backing up a hard drive to external HDD.
    I am looking for something that will allow me to browse the backup and select and copy individual files and folders at a later date.

I don't want the backup to simply make an ISO or any other image that needs to be restored.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Will take a look at that, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 johnmd01

Image for windows you can then remount the image file as well and pull the files back in theres a 30 day free trial on their site,its about €20.00 as far as I can remember.Works well for this kind of thing.
    Also wbadmin tool is built into win7+ and also allows you to do this as well with a bit more work to remount the VHD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I use Karens Replicator but increasingly Synkron these days as it shows you a preview and you can turn off the index files from being created which so many other apps like to leave all over your disks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

DriveImage XML should tick all your boxes. And it's free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Torqay wrote: »
    DriveImage XML should tick all your boxes. And it's free.

Boxes ticked! Many thanks and thanks to all for the suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Allway Sync is the best out there.

Advertisement