Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inactive account admin fee

Options
  • 09-03-2013 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering is this common practice? Due to work and family, I have not had much time to be online and I completly forgot about a balance on one of my betting accounts. Well I logged in today to find that bookie has been taking out admin fee of €7.27 every month for the last 18 months. Anyone ever get charged like this?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Was this Gamebookers by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

I'm pretty sure Ladbrokes do this anyway. I stumbled across something like this in their T&C when I was trawling for something completely unrelated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Thanks for the replies...
    Yeah, it was Ladbrokes that I had issue with. Alls good now, after a few emails. They have reimbursed my account as a good will gesture.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I had an account with Gamebookers (they don't do horse racing apart from virtuals!) and they same thing happened to me.
    I completely forgot about the account and found an old email with the details.
    Checked my balance and had lost €105, taken over 18 months every month.
    It was in the T&C's so no complaints.
    Sent them a mail and got a refund which the girl said "you can withdraw or gamble away with".
    You can guess what's coming next...... :(
    Saw a price on a match and decided that will do, put it all on and of course they lost :o.

Advertisement