Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless internet near Dungarvan Co Waterford

Options
  • 09-03-2013 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

I live on the outskirts of Dungarvan Co Waterford. At present I have NGB from Eircom (landline). Speed is advertised as "up to 8MB". On a good day I get 1.6MB.

Has anyone got wireless internet near Dungarvan and what speed are you getting. Any hope of 5MB?. Will 4G do anything for non urban broadband or will data rate to too expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Shazer01

garroff wrote: »
    I live on the outskirts of Dungarvan Co Waterford. At present I have NGB from Eircom (landline). Speed is advertised as "up to 8MB". On a good day I get 1.6MB.

Has anyone got wireless internet near Dungarvan and what speed are you getting. Any hope of 5MB?. Will 4G do anything for non urban broadband or will data rate to too expensive?
    U need to check with the 3g suppliers if there is a mast near you. U can also check this online. There are apps on smartphones that do this as well. I have 3g wirt meteor in tramore and get speeds up to 10 megs. No joke. I did however buy a dongle from ebay to help ger me those speeds. The dongle meteor supplied only gave me 3 megs. Ao if u have a mast nearby u will get a good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Shazer01

Shazer01 wrote: »
    U need to check with the 3g suppliers if there is a mast near you. U can also check this online. There are apps on smartphones that do this as well. I have 3g wirt meteor in tramore and get speeds up to 10 megs. No joke. I did however buy a dongle from ebay to help ger me those speeds. The dongle meteor supplied only gave me 3 megs. Ao if u have a mast nearby u will get a good service.
    4g will give better speeds when its available. However it all depends on mast location. Most masts have optical fibre now.

Advertisement