Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

please review my website

• 09-03-2013 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭

I just completed my 1st effort at a website and would appreciate some perspectives and advise for improvement.
    There is just 1 section incomplete, thats the nespresso section, as im waiting for my affiliate approval to go through.
    its aimed at the UK market www.coffee-beans-machines.co.uk with a version for the irish maket www.coffee-beans-machines.ie and US market www.coffee-beans-machines.com to follow next week.
    I have a lot of plans for improvement and additions already but wanted to get the bare bones up and running.
    i also plan to start on seo on monday week so nothing done there yet. the site was made on a budget of 25e. please be brutal :) any advise appeciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭OneIdea

Sorry what are we reviewing, your site or amazon?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭joetoad

English needs major improvement, the header Coffee Beans and Machines is pretty bad. One of the pictures looks very low quality, Need way better menus than the ones currently at the side of the page. Something like this with drop down menus similar to argos website.
    In all honesty it doesn't look very good at all and would put me off buying from you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The search can't find coffee, let alone anything else :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

This is the type of thin affiliate site that Google hates and will not rank without major improvements.

Rethink your whole strategy, spend some time to create higher quality content, and don't spam affiliate links everywhere through your text - you can be far more subtle than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

great feedback so far, it rubber stamps what i was thinking and what i felt needed to be done.
    it is a thin affiliate site right now which nobody likes but he plan is to grow it a soul with lots of great content and a blog.

i fixed that search function thanks :)

any further feedback much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

A reply from the OP... not what I was expecting - good stuff :)

If you can turn it into a useful review and comparison site with deep, original content you could actually make a success of this. It needs a serious amount of work though, and I think some TLC from a professional designer would help a lot.

Advertisement