Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Chelsea Match Thread. FA Cup 10/3/2013. ko 16.30 ITV.

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Fergie's cracking up, he's cracking up, he's cracking, Fergie's cracking up. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Fergie's cracking up, he's cracking up, he's cracking, Fergie's cracking up. :pac:

Rafa is clearly getting under his skin, so much so that I would say Chelsea now have a genuine psychological advantage over United in the race for fourth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Essien wrote: »
    Rafa is clearly getting under his skin, so much so that I would say Chelsea now have a genuine psychological advantage over United in the race for fourth.

I reckon we'll just pip them to 4th, that'll teach 'um. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Leiva wrote: »
    Look its plain to see who the hypocrite is:

from 1:00 on...

Look there is no denying Ferguson's ability as a manger but the past couple of years have not been kind to him with regrards of having egg on his face on a few occasions now with his hypocrisy.
    And it is O.K to call him up on his hypocrisy you know.
    No one is perfect.

If you don't wanna shake hands so be it, but don't make a big issue out of it previously.

I'm sorry, we seem to be all forgetting the part where Luis Suarez racially abused a black man, went to an FA hearing and was banned for 8 games based on this evidence and then refused to shake his victim's hand.

Ferguson was accused of systemic cheating by Benitez based on absolutely nothing with no proof to speak of, as were the FA and the elite group of refs - how did he not get a lengthy ban for this btw?, and we're supposed to pretend that these two incidents are similar? Go home Liverpool fans, you're drunk.

niallo27 wrote: »
    What cheating this he accuse him of. All the points he made were clear facts.

That kool-aid sure tastes nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

In his own words he is a disgrace to Manchester United football club.

Drivel

:rolleyes:

The two situations are quite different, Suarez and Evra were supposed to shake hands to put the issue to bed for the English public, for the league and for the clubs.

It had been agreed, by everybody that a handshake would take place, Suarez agreed to this. The fact that he told his manager and other higher ups that he would do this and then went back on his word is what made him a disgrace to Liverpool football club.

If you genuinely fail to see a difference in the situations then fine, I couldn't be arsed making it any more obvious but spare the tripe please.

For the record, I am in the camp of you should shake hands with who you want and you shouldn't have to shake hands with someone you don't want to.

There are certain exceptions, such as if two parties agree to shake hands for instance to put an issue to bed, but by and large its a load of media bull**** and I couldn't care less whether players or managers shake hands really. Particularly the pre match one between the players.

If they wanna shake hands or whatever at the end of the game then great, but forcing them to line up and shake everybody's hand is stupid to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

So Chelsea v Manchester United.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I'm sorry, we seem to be all forgetting the part where Luis Suarez racially abused a black man, went to an FA hearing and was banned for 8 games based on this evidence and then refused to shake his victim's hand.

Ferguson was accused of systemic cheating by Benitez based on absolutely nothing with no proof to speak of, as were the FA and the elite group of refs - how did he not get a lengthy ban for this btw?, and we're supposed to pretend that these two incidents are similar? Go home Liverpool fans, you're drunk.

I'll ask you again what cheating did he accuse him of. Didn't Ferguson call him unstable and other insults. If Rafa can get over it why can't ferguson.

kryogen wrote: »
    Drivel

:rolleyes:

The two situations are quite different, Suarez and Evra were supposed to shake hands to put the issue to bed for the English public, for the league and for the clubs.

It had been agreed, by everybody that a handshake would take place, Suarez agreed to this. The fact that he told his manager and other higher ups that he would do this and then went back on his word is what made him a disgrace to Liverpool football club.

If you genuinely fail to see a difference in the situations then fine, I couldn't be arsed making it any more obvious but spare the tripe please.

For the record, I am in the camp of you should shake hands with who you want and you shouldn't have to shake hands with someone you don't want to.

There are certain exceptions, such as if two parties agree to shake hands for instance to put an issue to bed, but by and large its a load of media bull**** and I couldn't care less whether players or managers shake hands really. Particularly the pre match one between the players.

If they wanna shake hands or whatever at the end of the game then great, but forcing them to line up and shake everybody's hand is stupid to me.

I agree with you they are miles apart, the Rafa incident was minor compared with the Suarez one so why can't get Ferguson get over it and shake his hand.

• Advertisement

I'll ask you again what cheating did he accuse him of. Didn't Ferguson call him unstable and other insults. If Rafa can get over it why can't ferguson.

Go and have a listen to the press conference again. If you don't want to call it an accusation of cheating, would collusion with the FA and the elite group to favour Manchester United be more up your alley? Which would be cheating, btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

FFS, who gives a flying feck if they shake hands or not.
    And why Rafa has to even mention it is beyond me - just more self publicity.
    be grateful the team actually played like a team for once and move on and focus on getting the second half perfomance for the whole 90 mins FFS! :D

Go and have a listen to the press conference again. If you don't want to call it an accusation of cheating, would collusion with the FA and the elite group to favour Manchester United be more up your alley? Which would be cheating, btw.

They were all facts though. He didn't make up anything. You can take from it what you want I suppose. If he was accusing the FA of cheating won't he have been done for it.

I agree with you they are miles apart, the Rafa incident was minor compared with the Suarez one so why can't get Ferguson get over it and shake his hand.

Cause he is a grown man, if he doesn't want to shake his hand he shouldn't have to, particularly before a game. After maybe as a token of sportsmanship but honestly, if the two clearly don't like each other then whats the point of faking it?

Cause he is a grown man, if he doesn't want to shake his hand he shouldn't have to, particularly before a game. After maybe as a token of sportsmanship but honestly, if the two clearly don't like each other then whats the point of faking it?

That's fine. I have no problem with that. I'm sure Suarez had his reasons for not shaking Evra's hand. Suarez should have shook his hand that day but he is a grown man and if he had his reasons then so be it. Ferguson saying he was a disgrace and should be sold was no of his buisness.

That's fine. I have no problem with that. I'm sure Suarez had his reasons for not shaking Evra's hand. Suarez should have shook his hand that day but he is a grown man and if he had his reasons then so be it. Ferguson saying he was a disgrace and should be sold was no of his buisness.

Suarez should not have agreed to shake hands then and not have given his word on it and made the situation even worse by going back on it, that's a pretty big difference. If he had just said, no, **** it I don't want to shake his hand and just refused then I would respect that and have no problem with it. Its the way it played out that left a sour taste.

But its well in the past and lets keep it there (?)

Plenty of managers speak about things that are not their business. Not like it actually matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Suarez should not have agreed to shake hands then and not have given his word on it and made the situation even worse by going back on it, that's a pretty big difference. If he had just said, no, **** it I don't want to shake his hand and just refused then I would respect that and have no problem with it. Its the way it played out that left a sour taste.

But its well in the past and lets keep it there (?)

Plenty of managers speak about things that are not their business. Not like it actually matters.

He would still have been destroyed.

He would still have been destroyed.

No, not by me, as I clearly stated, I would have respected that he straight about it, and I would not have had any problem with it.

The media destroying him was gonna happen either way, unless maybe he just shook his hand like he said he would!

Like it or not, (and plenty of pool fans do love it) he makes himself a very easy target to hate, he isn't the first player to do it and won't be the last so his relationship with the media is probably never going to be Harry Redknapped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Phoenix wrote: »
    Anyone wana talk about the actual game?
    This is unfortunately how most United match threads end. A few Liverpool heads bail in and kick up a fuss about something trivial and the game gets forgotten about.
    So predictable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

cambo2008 wrote: »
    This is unfortunately how most United match threads end. A few Liverpool heads bail in and kick up a fuss about something trivial and the game gets forgotten about.
    So predictable.

And not even a hint of irony. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Turtyturd wrote: »

And not even a hint of irony. :pac:
    Nope :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

No more talk about the Suarez/Evra situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I was really surprised at the decline in United's play in the second half yesterday. They looked like a team suffering fatigue but they had plenty of rest after the Madrid game. So many simple passes were messed up, relinquishing possession. And at times the tracking back was very poor, at one stage Evra was strolling back after making a run up field where possession was lost.

At half time I thought they'd walk the rest of the match but by the end I was thankful for the draw. I really hope this is just a blip and not the sign of things to come for the season run-in. Don't think I can take losing another league with such a good lead going into the last few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I was really surprised at the decline in United's play in the second half yesterday. They looked like a team suffering fatigue but they had plenty of rest after the Madrid game. So many simple passes were messed up, relinquishing possession. And at times the tracking back was very poor, at one stage Evra was strolling back after making a run up field where possession was lost.

At half time I thought they'd walk the rest of the match but by the end I was thankful for the draw. I really hope this is just a blip and not the sign of things to come for the season run-in. Don't think I can take losing another league with such a good lead going into the last few games.

It was bad tactics from Fergie really. Playing Kagawa on the left is really becoming tiresome because of the fact that he simply doesn't stay there at all. When Rooney is there it's the opposite, he shows no adventure with the ball. Fergie has never been great at changing things during games. He can send out teams with fantastic tactics and that can carry until the end of the game but when the other team change it he seems clueless on occasion. Leaving Cleverley on was a big mistake as was bringing Valencia on when Nani went off. Nani was part of what was pretty much a front 3 with Rooney acting as a 3rd midfielder. Valencia played as pretty much a right wing back which stunted play.

That may actually be the problem with Valencia. I'm sure he was trained a lot for the right back position and that has effected his play going forward when he plays right mid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Liam O wrote: »
    It was bad tactics from Fergie really. Playing Kagawa on the left is really becoming tiresome because of the fact that he simply doesn't stay there at all. When Rooney is there it's the opposite, he shows no adventure with the ball. Fergie has never been great at changing things during games. He can send out teams with fantastic tactics and that can carry until the end of the game but when the other team change it he seems clueless on occasion. Leaving Cleverley on was a big mistake as was bringing Valencia on when Nani went off. Nani was part of what was pretty much a front 3 with Rooney acting as a 3rd midfielder. Valencia played as pretty much a right wing back which stunted play.

That may actually be the problem with Valencia. I'm sure he was trained a lot for the right back position and that has effected his play going forward when he plays right mid.

I'm not sure the tactics are fully to blame. The sheer amount of poor passes and decisions are not totally reliant on tactics. I agree that Valencia was very poor, really had enough of him now, he doesn't seem to offer anything to the team anymore. And Kagawa on the wing is not great. I thought he should have replaced Cleverly with someone who could keep possession. The second half was made for someone like Scholes, shame he's injured. But even Anderson could have probably done a job with Wellbeck helping out to keep possesion. In the end we just gave the ball away constantly and fair play to Chelsea they punished us.

Advertisement