Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

seraphimvc wrote: »
    aye shame :( i actually didnt realize at first lol. i might pick up some CMF 20 21 series actually - i hope they let me feel at the shop lol (i am gonna wear gloves ha)

Ha yeah can't imagine they would be happy otherwise. But hey who wants to get the same minifigure 10 times in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Ha yeah can't imagine they would be happy otherwise. But hey who wants to get the same minifigure 10 times in a row

heh went in earlier and got 13 figs for 42e (~3.23 each) from series 21 + looney tunes. i cant believe i couldnt find a single centaur from series 21, ended up having 3 bee guys and 2 ladybug - bee guy is my favourite from this series :D

heh went in earlier and got 13 figs for 42e (~3.23 each) from series 21 + looney tunes. i cant believe i couldnt find a single centaur from series 21, ended up having 3 bee guys and 2 ladybug - bee guy is my favourite from this series :D

Sounds good now. I will have to try and check a few in series 21 myself. I hope you got to spend 50 to get the magic 10er off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Got 13 of the Looney Tunes myself yesterday. Kids had already got a few so we nearly have complete set. Just looking for Marvin the Martian and Petunia Pig now. Have an unopened Taz, Speedy and Lola to swap if anyone is interested? They are an easy series to feel through the bags. In normal times I'd have no bother picking them out in the shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 derekc1010

Got the hogwarts express in aldi for the wife today
    Reduced to 50 yoyo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

There's a Lego Friends Mug GWP now available with purchases of Lego Central Perk.

Bit annoying that they're tagging this GWP to something that's oven 18 months old when they've a new Friends set out today (to the general public).

There's a Lego Friends Mug GWP now available with purchases of Lego Central Perk.

Bit annoying that they're tagging this GWP to something that's oven 18 months old when they've a new Friends set out today (to the general public).

It's a nice looking mug. I'd say their trying to cash in on people buying the apartments who may not have picked up the Central Perk yet.

Some good sets announced today. New Vaders meditation chamber, classic Batman cowl and an Avengers space ship (not too into Marvel anymore but it's a nice looking set)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,245 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Spotted 75895 on sale in Lidl for €12 and couldn't resist it. Have actually wanted this one for a long time and it's the first set I've bought in a year or two (for myself at least, the nieces and nephew get a steady stream for Birthdays and Christmas etc). I love how well they capture such a curvy car in such a small scale.

s-l300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Some good sets announced today. New Vaders meditation chamber, classic Batman cowl and an Avengers space ship (not too into Marvel anymore but it's a nice looking set)

Vader's chamber looks cool when it's opened but bad when it's closed as there's gaps between the pieces, at least in the picture I saw anyway. The base also seems way too thick compared to the chamber itself.

I'm still probably get it like I do with everything lego vader related :o

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭General Disarray

Picked up a complete set of the new Speed Champions today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Picked up a complete set of the new Speed Champions today.

Whereabouts did you get them out of curiosity? Tia

Star wars bad batch shuttle is there to pre order now. I just pre ordered it myself. Just wondering as I never preordered on lego store before, I gave credit card details is money taken out straight away or more when release date which is 1st of August?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭General Disarray

Whereabouts did you get them out of curiosity? Tia

At my local Lego store. Luckily I live in a country that is fully open with no nonsense!

Star wars bad batch shuttle is there to pre order now. I just pre ordered it myself. Just wondering as I never preordered on lego store before, I gave credit card details is money taken out straight away or more when release date which is 1st of August?

It's taken when the set ships.

Thank you wasn't 100% sure.

Few sets I bought there on adverts. Happy out with them

New SW set leaks on reddit. Pretty decent wave. Mostly Clone Wars and Mandalorian themed. The Mandalorian throne room is a bit meh but everything else is solid.

The Slave 1 looks v solid for a €50 set.

Not a fan of the look of Gideon's ship or the Gauntlet fighter but the minifigures included look pretty good. Might try and see if I can get fennec shand and Gar Saxon by themselves off of bricklink.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Not a fan of the look of Gideon's ship or the Gauntlet fighter but the minifigures included look pretty good. Might try and see if I can get fennec shand and Gar Saxon by themselves off of bricklink.

I think the cruiser looks great. The Gauntlet looks a fair bit smaller than the previous version. Looking forward to hopefully getting official images soon.

I think the cruiser looks great. The Gauntlet looks a fair bit smaller than the previous version. Looking forward to hopefully getting official images soon.

I think they all look really good now. Will have to pick them all up at some point. The minifigures look really really good. I think it's a really good wave being released. Wish a bit more spaced apart when released as a lot in one go and probably the UCS gunship then mid August.

• Advertisement

I feel like the front section of Gideon's ship should be longer. As it is it makes it look like the bridge is in the middle of the ship when it should be towards the back. It might just be the angle of the photo though.

Anyway, my wallet will be thankful if I don't like it with UCS R2-D2 and Vader's meditation chamber on my wishlist.

Is there a UCS AT-AT coming this year as well or just the republic gunship ?

Gyan84 wrote: »
    I feel like the front section of Gideon's ship should be longer. As it is it makes it look like the bridge is in the middle of the ship when it should be towards the back. It might just be the angle of the photo though.

Anyway, my wallet will be thankful if I don't like it with UCS R2-D2 and Vader's meditation chamber on my wishlist.

Is there a UCS AT-AT coming this year as well or just the republic gunship ?
    Gunship August it looks like that's 350, AT-AT November and that's 800 it seems

Just ordered the millennium falcon from Smyths. Down to 114 now. Happy out as was going to order it the other day for 135. Seems with covid happening smyths have too many of the older sets and now with the new releases this month they seem to be dropping the price on certain sets I say to make space.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Just ordered the millennium falcon from Smyths. Down to 114 now. Happy out as was going to order it the other day for 135. Seems with covid happening smyths have too many of the older sets and now with the new releases this month they seem to be dropping the price on certain sets I say to make space.

Thanks for the heads up, just bought the Falcon.

Funny I was like why am down 100 in my credit card, available balance is down 100 but then balance owing isn't showing the 100. I rang credit card section in tsb earlier today as it was annoying me where the money was as both figures were out by 99.99 and they said it was for lego.com and it should show in balance owing in a few days as showing as pending. Looks like lego in this case taking out money so.

Thanks for the heads up, just bought the Falcon.

No problem, great price I can't see it been cheaper then that but you never know.

Funny I was like why am down 100 in my credit card, available balance is down 100 but then balance owing isn't showing the 100. I rang credit card section in tsb earlier today as it was annoying me where the money was as both figures were out by 99.99 and they said it was for lego.com and it should show in balance owing in a few days as showing as pending. Looks like lego in this case taking out money so.

They pre-authorise the card to check it's valid. Will be released in a few days when the transaction times out.

They pre-authorise the card to check it's valid. Will be released in a few days when the transaction times out.

Ahhh grand thanks for that. I could do without paying it until August to be fair. Put my mind at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Is the Supra set a bit pricey at twenty quid, or is it likely to stay that price? Want to get it for a mate whose birthdays in a few months and is a big toyota fan

Tia
    Omt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Is the Supra set a bit pricey at twenty quid, or is it likely to stay that price? Want to get it for a mate whose birthdays in a few months and is a big toyota fan

Tia
    Omt

They usually drop a few quid soon enough, one of the range already down a fiver on amazon.

Advertisement