Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Is Amazon prime day any good for lego discounts? How was it last year if anyone can remember? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Is Amazon prime day any good for lego discounts? How was it last year if anyone can remember? Cheers.

Doesn't be too bad but it's only on specific sets so you might be lucky that it's one your after. I think it was 14th October last year, I looked back on my orders and I picked up 2 sets and good price on them. Also with the VAT rules until the end of June sets 22 euro or under will come in a bit cheaper still so might be even better if your lucky with sets reduced to that or below. That changes come 1st July as goods of 22 euro or under coming in from non EU countries will be subject to VAT.

Came today, will get to build it down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 34,902 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Spocker wrote: »
    New "Everyone is Awesome" set out on the 1st June: https://brickset.com/sets/40516-1

40516-1.jpg?202105161100

Just for shíts'n'giggles I wondered what would happen if I changed region on the Lego site.

Changed to UAE - English.

No sign of that set and search returns nothing.

It's easy to express a commitment to something that a society already supports.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

See the typewriter ideas set was announced, not interested at all.

Where's the Home Alone house?!? I'm guessing around September?

It was approved in June last year same time as typewriter i think.

• Advertisement

See the typewriter ideas set was announced, not interested at all.

Where's the Home Alone house?!? I'm guessing around September?

It was approved in June last year same time as typewriter i think.

Watching a video there seems home alone set be released October maybe September for lego VIP members.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Watching a video there seems home alone set be released October maybe September for lego VIP members.

I'd be okay with it being a November/December release as the film is set at Christmas so presumably the house will have festive lights and/or snow.

Hopefully it's a doll-house style build but that would mean a truly massive piece count.

Rhyme wrote: »
    I'd be okay with it being a November/December release as the film is set at Christmas so presumably the house will have festive lights and/or snow.

Hopefully it's a doll-house style build but that would mean a truly massive piece count.

I say it will be a big seller as well. Might be a hard one to pick up on run up to Xmas even if released in October. Probably best off getting it if early release for VIP members.

Watching a video there seems lego double VIP points next month 12th to the 18th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

how do you like that Adidas 1 shoe set lol.

it is amusing to me - good-ish design with the packaging/idea with effort, but ye no thanks - i am not a sneakers fan in general also so ye....

To me the price is not even relevant here but yes 90euro i could get actual pair of that i could wear lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

seraphimvc wrote: »
    how do you like that Adidas 1 shoe set lol.

it is amusing to me - good-ish design with the packaging/idea with effort, but ye no thanks - i am not a sneakers fan in general also so ye....

To me the price is not even relevant here but yes 90euro i could get actual pair of that i could wear lol

It's a very odd offering. I somehow both like it and think it's uninteresting. I guess if you're a sneaker fan it's a good collectible and given how many of the actual Lego sneakers have sold, I'd imagine this is a nice companion piece and will sell well if you're that way inclined. To the usual Lego builder, I'd say it's a pass.

It's a very odd offering. I somehow both like it and think it's uninteresting. I guess if you're a sneaker fan it's a good collectible and given how many of the actual Lego sneakers have sold, I'd imagine this is a nice companion piece and will sell well if you're that way inclined. To the usual Lego builder, I'd say it's a pass.

Wouldn't be for me but there will be an exclusive minifigure with it. Minifigure looks cool, probably be worth a bit of money down the line.

Looking at a video of star wars set 75188 resistance bomber, the pilot was replaced after the set was out a year to another figure Finch Dallow just before it was due to retire. Going for mad money if you have the minifigure or the set with him in it. I checked my set unopened I don't have him as he's on the front of the box it but I saw someone say they opened their set and even tho he wasn't on the front of the box they got the minifigure. Might be worth it if you have the set to look into it.

Some good offers on lego with prime day but seem to be getting charged import fees so doesn't make crazy much difference on some of the sets I looked at but might be sets people want there themselves.

Ordered the star wars death Star duel last night, free promo of the swing ride but also was given the lego dots cube picture holder as well. I would of held off until next month but as I had 30 euro in points vouchers to use before the end of the month as I had reclaimed them for May the 4th but the death Star duel went out of stock then. Happy now with the 3 things for 70 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Some good offers on lego with prime day but seem to be getting charged import fees so doesn't make crazy much difference on some of the sets I looked at but might be sets people want there themselves.

Just on this, the "Import Fees Deposit" that you see on Amazon is just vat at the appropriate Irish rate that we have always been paying when we buy something sold or fulfilled by Amazon. We've always being paying vat at the Irish rate on Amazon because their sales exceed the limit set by Revenue where they have to register and collect it at the point of sale. It's no more expensive to this time last year, where the goods are sold by Amazon directly or fulfilled by Amazon where the seller is registered for tax in the UK.

If we look at something that isn't a prime day deal.

amazon.co.uk/LEGO-92176-LEGO-92176-Ideas-NASA-Apollo-Saturn-V-Space-Rocket-and-Vehicles-Spaceship-Collectors-Building-Set-with-Display-Stand/dp/B08GNXNPR6

Going to an Irish address:

Order Summary
    Items: GBP 91.66
    Postage & Packing: GBP 0.00
    Import Fees Deposit: GBP 21.08 (Which is 23% of the list price, standard rate in Ireland)
    Order Total: GBP 112.74

Going to a UK address:

Amazon.co.uk Order Summary
    Total before VAT: GBP 91.66
    Estimated VAT: GBP 18.33
    Order Total: GBP 109.99

Someone in Ireland is only paying a few pence/pounds more than someone in the UK, which is correct, the difference between 20% and 23%.

The problem is though, with Prime Day and even lightning deals since the start of the year they have been calculating vat based off of the List Price and not the Lightning Deal Promotion price.

Take this Amazon Fire Tablet as an example.

amazon.co.uk/fire-hd-10-tablet/dp/B08F681PH6

At the Checkout stage, you can see the promotion applied. The list price is £124.99, save £45, total price is £79.99. But they are calculating VAT on the £124.99 and not the £79.99

Items: GBP 124.99
    Import Fees Deposit: GBP 28.75
    Total: GBP 153.74
    Promotion Applied: -GBP 45.00
    Order Total: GBP 108.74

Long story short I suppose, is that normally what you are paying on Amazon is what you would have paid this time last year. Just that Prime Deals/Lightning Deals are screwed up.

Just on this, the "Import Fees Deposit" that you see on Amazon is just vat at the appropriate Irish rate that we have always been paying when we buy something sold or fulfilled by Amazon. We've always being paying vat at the Irish rate on Amazon because their sales exceed the limit set by Revenue where they have to register and collect it at the point of sale. It's no more expensive to this time last year, where the goods are sold by Amazon directly or fulfilled by Amazon where the seller is registered for tax in the UK.

If we look at something that isn't a prime day deal.

amazon.co.uk/LEGO-92176-LEGO-92176-Ideas-NASA-Apollo-Saturn-V-Space-Rocket-and-Vehicles-Spaceship-Collectors-Building-Set-with-Display-Stand/dp/B08GNXNPR6

Going to an Irish address:

Order Summary
    Import Fees Deposit: GBP 21.08 (Which is 23% of the list price, standard rate in Ireland)
    Order Total: GBP 112.74

Going to a UK address:

Amazon.co.uk Order Summary
    Total before VAT: GBP 91.66
    Estimated VAT: GBP 18.33
    Order Total: GBP 109.99

Someone in Ireland is only paying a few pence/pounds more than someone in the UK, which is correct, the difference between 20% and 23%.

The problem is though, with Prime Day and even lightning deals since the start of the year they have been calculating vat based off of the List Price and not the Lightning Deal Promotion price.

Take this Amazon Fire Tablet as an example.

amazon.co.uk/fire-hd-10-tablet/dp/B08F681PH6

At the Checkout stage, you can see the promotion applied. The list price is £124.99, save £45, total price is £79.99. But they are calculating VAT on the £124.99 and not the £79.99

Items: GBP 124.99
    Import Fees Deposit: GBP 28.75
    Total: GBP 153.74
    Promotion Applied: -GBP 45.00
    Order Total: GBP 108.74

Long story short I suppose, is that normally what you are paying on Amazon is what you would have paid this time last year. Just that Prime Deals/Lightning Deals are screwed up.

Yeah I noticed it was only the prime and lightning deals. A pain tho as it brings them up a bit. Wonder will it be sorted at some point today?.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭wench

It is quite likely they would refund the difference after the sale completes.
    They take enough to ensure the correct amount can be paid, and the excess, if any, returned.

I got a refund in Feb for a purchase in Jan
    Import Fee Deposit Refund: £0.01

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

Latest round of Ideas revealed.

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/93c95063-4c17-44a2-91ce-80a60cc3950c

Motorised Lighthouse the only one going through to development. Pity - I'd have liked more castle or Viking Village.

Look at all those Xs:
    legacy

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Lego Con is being live streamed this afternoon at 5. I only found out about it as I am keen to get info on the rumoured DeLorean model, so hoping for a reveal today.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/lego-con

• Advertisement

Stream has cr@pped out a number of times now.

Kudos to Lego for doing a Lego Con but why they didn't stream over YouTube or something reliable is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Stream has cr@pped out a number of times now.

Least surprising thing ever.

Ordered lego set from amazon last night was the city race transporter toy was 12 pound, now came in at 10 pound then with VAT reduction. Just went on after 12 to see the price for it so was 12.30 then. Going to miss the VAT reduction going forward made a nice little difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Anyone grab the Adidas GWP? Want to buy World Map, but looking at calendar for this month seems 2 day overall between Adidas and Charles Dickens set? Reckon shoe will still be in stock?

g0g wrote: »
    Anyone grab the Adidas GWP? Want to buy World Map, but looking at calendar for this month seems 2 day overall between Adidas and Charles Dickens set? Reckon shoe will still be in stock?

I say could be tough the Adidas shoe still in stock with Charles Dickens. Say a lot would want the shoe promo. If sold out if you are waiting out for the Charles Dickens promo there is also another promo if you spend over 40 you get to pick between 2 small lego sets/polybag. So you would be better to wait until then if that's the case.

I say could be tough the Adidas shoe still in stock with Charles Dickens. Say a lot would want the shoe promo. If sold out if you are waiting out for the Charles Dickens promo there is also another promo if you spend over 40 you get to pick between 2 small lego sets/polybag. So you would be better to wait until then if that's the case.

I agree - if OP wants the Adidas GWP, I'd just bite the bullet now. It's one of the more 'collectible' GWPs so its unlikely it'll last half a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Ordered lego set from amazon last night was the city race transporter toy was 12 pound, now came in at 10 pound then with VAT reduction. Just went on after 12 to see the price for it so was 12.30 then. Going to miss the VAT reduction going forward made a nice little difference.

aye :( definitely will miss it...

I got that mini MF last night as well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

I agree - if OP wants the Adidas GWP, I'd just bite the bullet now. It's one of the more 'collectible' GWPs so its unlikely it'll last half a month.
    Thanks yeah was thinking similar. Is it same Dickens set from Christmas? If so I have it already but wasnt sure

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

An app that can scan a pile of Lego and tell you what sets you can potentially make...

https://i.redd.it/swk9v7q1ck871.gif

• Advertisement

seraphimvc wrote: »
    aye :( definitely will miss it...

I got that mini MF last night as well :pac:

The Han Solo one? Ordered that other day it's arriving on Saturday was v good price, same with 3 lego base plates, 1 green 1 blue and 1 white. Have ninjago set ordered but not in stock until 12th to 29th July. Hopefully not charged anything extra on it when it does be sent.

Advertisement