Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

My son got the batman (mini) tumbler from Aliexpress, great little model, instructions and the bricks are good quality too. I'm sure it breaks untold amounts of copyrights but its very good for the money it cost.

As in, not official LEGO??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

As in, not official LEGO??

Not official Lego, no, but mini figures look identical to those from Lego and the design of the instructions. So maybe I shouldn't have posted it here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Got a Lego batman set for xmas from Tesco. Didnt have any of the stickers in it though. Filled in Lego's "missing brick/piece" form there. Do they usually just send the missing items out, no questions asked? Or can I expect to get a further email asking for proof of purchase and such?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Not official Lego, no, but mini figures look identical to those from Lego and the design of the instructions. So maybe I shouldn't have posted it here?

Technically no, most LEGO message boards and forums frown upon clone brands and sets as those companies are infringing on copyrights etc, but you're grand, you weren't aware of that policy. :)
    Jacovs wrote: »
    Got a Lego batman set for xmas from Tesco. Didnt have any of the stickers in it though. Filled in Lego's "missing brick/piece" form there. Do they usually just send the missing items out, no questions asked? Or can I expect to get a further email asking for proof of purchase and such?

I've never had to do it myself but for licenced sets, I've heard that replacement parts can be harder to arrange, but I'm sure they'll let you know the process. Usually for more generic missing or damaged parts, there isn't a problem, but licenced sets are different because of the higher value etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,671 ✭✭✭SteM

I had 2 pieces missing from a Star Wars Snowspeeder set I got last year. I filled in the missing pieces form and they just sent the pieces out in the post. They didn't ask for proof of purchase or anything. Took 3 or 4 weeks to get them though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I did it once for a piece from the Pet Store - it was fine, you just fill it in and they send it on. I think they take it as good faith unless they're constantly having to send out to the one place.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,202 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I submitted one for a broken piece from the Tumbler set and they sent out about 4 spares of it with no hassle. :)

Anyone know if there's a site that will sell all the pieces for a specific set?

I've wanted to get the 10187 VW Beetle to display alongside my 10220 T1 Camper set but prices on ebay are insane for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Sleepy wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's a site that will sell all the pieces for a specific set?

I've wanted to get the 10187 VW Beetle to display alongside my 10220 T1 Camper set but prices on ebay are insane for it!

On Bricklink you can make a wishlist containing all the pieces in a set and then 'search by store', filter by 'unique' objects and it'll probably turn up a few stores with 95%+ of the pieces you're looking for, pick the cheapest and then harvest up the rest of the pieces in a second store.

I've done it a few times but spend most of my time filling gaps in sets I dig up on Adverts et al.

Thanks for that, will look into prices at lunch.

When the original sets are going for over $1,000 I can't really see any other way of getting it. I'm torn as to whether to keep it stock or change from the blue colour scheme to a red to better match the T1 Camper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I would do replacements, I'm not a fan of the blue colour and as some of the parts are fairly pricey, if you're going to start replacing some I'd go the whole way and update the colour. The wheels (and hubcaps) alone are around €10 each.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Yikes, EUR 722.45 with the standard bricks! I did come across this set on ebay: http://r.ebay.com/68KrL4 but I'm not wild about how it looks either.

Honestly, I'm mainly looking as I'd like to have something to match my T1 camper but that set is in truth much, much, nicer than the bug...

Any other suggestions of similar sized sets that would look good with the Camper Van?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Yikes, EUR 722.45 with the standard bricks! I did come across this set on ebay: http://r.ebay.com/68KrL4 but I'm not wild about how it looks either.

Honestly, I'm mainly looking as I'd like to have something to match my T1 camper but that set is in truth much, much, nicer than the bug...

Any other suggestions of similar sized sets that would look good with the Camper Van?

Mini Cooper is a good fit. Have both myself.

Yeah, been looking at that set for a while. I don't have room to do a full city scape so my main focus is on one off "shelf" pieces and that fits quite nicely with the VW. Is it to the same scale?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Yeah, been looking at that set for a while. I don't have room to do a full city scape so my main focus is on one off "shelf" pieces and that fits quite nicely with the VW. Is it to the same scale?

No, but it doesn't look ridiculous next to it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

First post here :) I usually collect the Architecture and Creator range (have the new cityscapes and Brick Bank on the way) but I have them packed away in storage at the moment while we wait to move. Over Christmas I've had the serious LEGO itch and I've decided to get something a bit different. I was thinking the new Millennium Falcon and X-Wing would tide me over for a few weeks. Has anyone here picked either of them up?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

First post here :) I usually collect the Architecture and Creator range (have the new cityscapes and Brick Bank on the way) but I have them packed away in storage at the moment while we wait to move. Over Christmas I've had the serious LEGO itch and I've decided to get something a bit different. I was thinking the new Millennium Falcon and X-Wing would tide me over for a few weeks. Has anyone here picked either of them up?

Hi mate , I've both those sets and they're good and but tbh for the money I'd buy slave 1 its a great build and looks brilliant displayed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,551 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

gizabeer wrote: »
    Hi mate , I've both those sets and they're good and but tbh for the money I'd buy slave 1 its a great build and looks brilliant displayed

That's nice to hear, as I've dropped the hint numerous times to be missus about the slave 1 as a birthday present.

As to the op, I'd recommend the batman tumbler as its a great build.

My young lad has the tumbler so I got to "help" with it. A brilliant set :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping no one would say the Slave 1 because I greedily wanted to buy two sets :o I know from the net that it's a fun build too. Does anyone know by any chance if it's built and on display in Smyths in Cork? I think I might bite the bullet. I do really fancy the X-Wing though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Did anyone see that an incomplete 375 Yellow Castle sold on Adverts.ie for €80 yesterday? I saw it at the asking price of €100, but just couldn't justify it so soon after Christmas (I also now have a wedding to save for, which could have serious Lego buying consequences...).

If I'd known he would accept 80, I might have been too tempted to not pull the trigger. Hopefully not one that I'll regret down the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Did anyone see that an incomplete 375 Yellow Castle sold on Adverts.ie for €80 yesterday? I saw it at the asking price of €100, but just couldn't justify it so soon after Christmas (I also now have a wedding to save for, which could have serious Lego buying consequences...).

If I'd known he would accept 80, I might have been too tempted to not pull the trigger. Hopefully not one that I'll regret down the road.

http://www.adverts.ie/9609864

Sorry, very off topic but my god, I had that castle as a child, what memories that listing brings back. The first big set of Lego I ever got for Christmas. Quite moving remembering my dad helping me make it and remake it after the heartbreak when I dropped it.

Thanks for the pointer to memory lane!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

http://www.adverts.ie/9609864

Sorry, very off topic but my god, I had that castle as a child, what memories that listing brings back. The first big set of Lego I ever got for Christmas. Quite moving remembering my dad helping me make it and remake it after the heartbreak when I dropped it.

Thanks for the pointer to memory lane!

Very cool. I have very similar memories tied up in 6090, which was probably the Yellow Castle for my generation. I'm very glad I still have it (disassembled in its original box). Can't wait to rebuilt it and display it when I have more room some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

new starwars stuff is in smyths, 24.99 for the new battle of hoth. Not as good as the set a few years back (more figs + taun-taun), but the new han solo is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm just after finishing the SW Tie Fighter and dismantling the Eiffel Tower.
    Really nice builds
    I was thinking about the guys that design these sets.
    Must be a really cool job ...any idea how its done?
    Is it computerised design or do they sit down on the floor surrounded with Lego and a design on paper which they have to build.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Was turned off a lot of the Star Wars sets just out but after walking through Toymaster and seeing a built set of 75140 Resistance Troop Transporter made me want it. It's a good-sized build too. I'd sell the minifigures immediately though, waaay more interested in the build :)

Unless I think I could pawn off some of the value by selling the minifigures quickly, I'd probably try and find a 'set-only' sale on eBay or Bricklink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Rhyme wrote: »
    Was turned off a lot of the Star Wars sets just out but after walking through Toymaster and seeing a built set of 75140 Resistance Troop Transporter made me want it. It's a good-sized build too. I'd sell the minifigures immediately though, waaay more interested in the build :)

Unless I think I could pawn off some of the value by selling the minifigures quickly, I'd probably try and find a 'set-only' sale on eBay or Bricklink.

yup, not gone on any of the minifigs of the new sets. and a lot of rehash again of older stuff, droid walker, even the hoth one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,156 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The series 15 are in Ken Blacks at the moment picked up on the other day...the giant Ferris wheel 10247 and some other new sets are there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Got these in the post today, no questions asked. Kinda feel bad making them go through all that effort just for the stickers off the set. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Which do you think would be a good bricks and mortar shop in Dublin for the Jurassic world set. Cannot find any in Carlow.
    Looking for LEGO Jurassic World T.rex Tracker 75918

Advertisement