Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

I'm hoping be like the reopening of the lego store in Leicester Square they had promo's there so you would think same for Dublin store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Anybody here collecting the Muppets minifigures? I'm 2 short for my collection (Rowlf and Waldorf). I've got Beaker, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew (x2), Animal, and Janice if anybody is interested in swapping. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

It only took nearly 40 years, but I finally got to Legoland. So here's a very quick report on some aspects of the trip.

Just back for a four day trip. We'd opportunities to go to other parks, but I always had my sights set on Billund. It's what I remember from the Legoclub magazine, it's what Zig & Zag went to and it's just the home of Lego. There are bigger and newer parks out there, but I've gotten incredibly mixed reviews on the others, particularly how crowded Windsor can get. The kids in Denmark are back in school since the start of August, so we knew crowds would be fairly decent and the place would be manageable for my three.

Stayed in the newish Lego Castle Hotel. Which was very expensive. It's two buildings, with one having a reception and dining area (there's a play area here of the kids as well). There's some lovely outdoor play areas and that's it. Extremely bare bones. No swimming pool, no businessy stuff, no room service, no real bar, no phones in the room even. The rooms are large, with superking beds and brilliantly laid out, with the bathroom effectively dividing the room in two. There's plenty of lego models for the theme throughout, places to build lego, the walls have with lego decals and there's lego carpets etc but I really found the place to be surprisingly sterile. Again the kids loved it. It's only this morning I'm after discovering how expensive the place was. I'd the exchange rate wrong in my head for the entire trip, so what I thought was Irish expensive (120 euro for the hotels buffet diner for 2 adults, three kids) was in fact Danish expensive at 179 euro! There was as much alcohol as you wanted included, but still.

Went into the original Legoland Hotel two or three times and I have to say, I much preferred the vibe there. Sure the building is very much that 70s/80s era, with multi level dining room with glass and geometric layout etc and the rooms are a lot smaller but it's well maintained. It's also your traditional hotel with conference facilities. So it's got a bar etc. The atmosphere is what struck me there, eg. at reception the staff were flinging polybags at any kids that walked past. Mine picked up 10! in the space of a few minutes. Yer man just kept firing them at the ground and loading up from more boxes. The staff seemed to have a complete laugh there.

Legoland itself was very relaxed, extremely well maintained and the very manageable. The longest wait was maybe 30 minutes, with a lot of rides being walk-ons. The heat was a killer though, even the Danes seemed to be suffering.

Legoland House. Another big draw for Billund for me. It's the only one. It's incredible how to marries technology and lego into a seamless play experience. The restaurant is a must as well. Lego House is far more impressive than the parks to be honest.

Also cool seeing Lego brand new HQ on the walk to Legohouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

I’ve resigned myself to missing the opening day of the shop as I have work…..but seeing as I’m working all weekend too I’ve decided to prespend some of that overtime with a weekend trip after work with the kids and a purchase for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Did you see you'll need a wristband to get in and can only stay for 30mins for the opening weekend?

https://www.98fm.com/news/30-minute-limit-for-shoppers-at-dublins-new-lego-store-1372715

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

hoping to get to Bilund myself next year . How much time did you spend in Lego land vs Lego house?

did you fly Dublin / bilund with Ryanair just looks like with two flights you only get two full days is that enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Nice, we're flying out to Copenhagen next week for a couple of days and then onto Billund. Will be my first time in a Legoland park but my second time in Lego House.

That's annoying now. You would have to be there early to get an early time slot. If there later you might get a time slots hrs later and be waiting around town until then. I understand it will be busy but it's like Xmas time queuing to get a time for santa in arnotts at opening time and having to q before the shop opens to get it to get an early slot. Little lad had his tonsils out last Wednesday so I can't go on Friday as had that day off work and I was thinking the wkend might be mental anyhow so wasn't going to go then. I might take Friday wk off and we can go in then.

Oh hadn’t seen that. Might change my plans so! Maybe next Friday as off work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Yeah this seems a bit daft. I work a 15 minute walk from Grafton Street so was planning on going up at lunchtime tomorrow.

Will see what the story is, there is no notes on the store page about the store opening gift with purchase that all the other lego stores have gotten when they opened. Between that and getting a time to return like it's Disney Land I don't think I'd be in a rush to go up there on opening week. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Whiteshoes99

Just been on live chat with Lego and asked if there would be a GWP in the Dublin Lego store for its opening

I also asked if there would be the “I love Lego store Dublin” block but she said she wasn’t sure as that info isn’t available to them.

I think I would prefer the VIP truck but I know more would prefer the lego store. Should also get the free pirate polybag as well. Just make sure your a VIP as the truck and polybag you need to be a VIP member.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭omri

Looks like a lot of hassle for one of these free sets. Will give it a miss I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Latest Star wars Magazine is out, got enough for my Bo Katan army.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Masterkey01

My Anxiety for Store opening Tomorrow is off the Charts.

There Really hyping the holt thing up, Im traveling up from Kerry Tomorrow morning and i don't know what time to leave, This Ticketing system has me all worried now, Who's going and what time ?

Re VIP, how does that work in store does anyone know? Like the early access slots for VIP is that only online or can you wander into the store and show your VIP card and get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I assume that Opening Week GWP will last longer than a day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Will be in dublin myself tomorrow , but I don't know if I'll bother going now, if I pick up a ticket and they tell me come back in 2-3 hours it doesn't really suit. I'm not sure if there's even anything specific I'm looking for, my main 2 purchases recently are 40558 & 74352 and both are in stock at the moment on lego.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

for any VIP related stuff, get the barcode from your VIP account and let them scan it when you paid. Not sure about early access stuff now...I figured if you could see the set then you can grab and pay for it ha.

Ah damn this whole 30mins ticket thing sounds ridiculous, I never know Lego is that popular here huh.

Have my VIP card in my phone wallet already 😂 yeah it’s the early access stuff I was wondering about really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Flew out of Cork with KLM on Friday. So Cork-Schiphol-Billund. Was a balls getting up at three am, but we arrived over, got checked in and were in the park that day before 3pm. We'd three nights in total. We were supposed to go to Lego House on the Monday before the flight home, with two full days for the park. Unfortunately, the Billund-Schiphol flight was moved forward by 5 hours, so that was moved to the Sunday morning leaving just the one full day Saturday for Legoland.

To be honest it was enough. And I'm always looking for more time when it comes to theme parks. We'd done everything in Lego House, including the restaurant, and were back in the park by 3. One thing to note is how limited the hours are. The park mostly runs 10-7, with the rides shutting an hour before, you can find it can even close at 6. It's nice in a way not to have the Disney pressure of needing to there at the gate early for opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I was going to stroll up at lunchtime tomorrow but with the whole wristband thing, I probably won't bother and will just bring the kids in some evening maybe next week instead

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Was in the store this evening for the preview event. It's awesome!

They have the the Lego store promo with any purchase over €120, a dots sets with any dots/friends/city purchase over €60 and they're handing out a "I love Lego Store Dublin" 2x4 tile. I think they have around 2,000 total.

They'll start handing out wristbands around 8:30 depending on how big the queue is. You can queue opposite the store alongside the old Dunnes stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Worried it'd be too small. Its bigger than some of the UK stores I've been in; had basically everything that is currently available, in stock. Small-ish PaB wall but that often means it gets turned over quicker.

If anyone goes there today can they see the dates for the free gift with purchase of 120 runs to and when the 75 euro free gift with purchase runs to and ends. Just want to see when I can pop up over next few days with the kids. Thks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Plan to head in after work - hoping I'll still be able to collect a wristband after 5 or will they all be handed out by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Been in the que since 6.30. Needed to be here before 7 to get the 9am slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭omri

So what you cant just walk in today?

You have to q and your given a wrist band of a time slot your allowed in at. Your only allowed in for 30 mins as well. So it's more the time slots might be taken or your given a time slot to come back to ages later. It more depends how busy it is there today but I am sure it will be jammers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Anyone there today? What the queuing like?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Advertisement