Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cat2022

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

I know two ppl there. Queue mental. One a big fan of Lego, one doesn’t own a single brick but is a wannabe “instagram” influencer and apparently it will be good for her page 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Yeah that's the problem as well have all those arriving there today who just want to be there to post on their page.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yeah the amount of influencers who got preview entry is sickening. If they like or have an interest in Lego, no issues, but the amount who haven't a notion and even talk about them like they're exclusively kids toys is infuriating whereas those who have spent thousands on sets over the years have to take a wild swing on even getting into the shop.

Also, I hate influencers, scourge on society.

Yeah it's a real shame lego didn't look at people who are in their VIP programme in Ireland and email them to offer them to go to the preview entry. Even if only 50 people around Ireland would of been better then like you say influencers who haven't a clue and like you pointed out people who have actually spent thousands over the years on sets. Ha they should of came onto boards and offered us all to go in on the early access.

• Advertisement

Friend just got there and earliest wristband slot was 4.30-5.00.

There you go madness. I say it will be like this until Sunday

I suspect loads will give up and not go if they were given a 3pm slot at 830 for example. …..also wonder what was on the bottom left of the shelf that’s cleared out

That's it loads won't wait around that's why the ticket system is a bit crap. I reckon it was the 800 star wars AT AT in that corner. Probably only 1 or 2 fit there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Yeah went up there about 45 minutes ago just to see how crowded or busy things were. A 15 minute walk on my lunchbreak isn't really going out of my way. There were maybe 20-25 people in the queue across the street and dozens milling around outside having a gawp inside or taking photos with Bricky (I dunno what the name of the man dressed up as a 4x2 brick is but lets go with Bricky). A good few Lego shopping bags around town alright.

Had no plans of going in, I know what's on my wants list and at the price/size of them most of them can sit there until there is a double points or something decent. Would also prefer the VIP truck to the lego store so will go in next week at some stage once all the drama is gone. Unfortunately the place where I exchange my time and energy for money takes precedence over queueing to get in to the place where I spend some of that money 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭omri

Honestly hoe much is that GWP worth to justify the time spent in queue…?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

I see someone is already selling it for 40 on adverts. So I guess there you go. Well that's if someone buys it for that. Here's the dates for when LEGO GWP are out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

shite like that really made me sad but not even the slightest surprise to hear that happened. Ah ye the GWP is very tempting, I might drop by the weekend or early next week.

Like ffs I'm sure it won't be busy at all after this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

A bunch of AFOLs were invited as well,not just influencers. Members of both Irish LUGs and other prominent Irish AFOLs

Yeah I'm really wanting to go in. But I say until Monday morning be madness over the wkend etc. and tomorrow. More I wish the lego truck was free until Friday as I can't take Mon or Tuesday off next wk from work. I can Wednesday but I hate taking mid wk days off as still have to work Thursday and Friday but I will think on it.

I'm glad was there was lots of fans of lego there I would of hated random people who had no interest in it what so ever.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Anyone in there today? Whats the queuing like? Debating going in in the morning

debating tomorrow. How does it work. You go get a time tag and then at that time come back and then you join the queue?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Went up at half one and was told to come back tomorrow at 9am as all slots are gone… it’s a real shame! Shop isn’t busy inside either, just spoon feeding customers in

• Advertisement

That's what the problem is they will give people time slots for hrs later and they are not going to be waiting around town to go in. So of course the shop will be empty enough. I might take Wednesday off and go in then but like that I am not waiting around town all day with a silly time slot so hopefully after this wkend they will go back to normal.

Come back tomorrow at 9 so we can tell you to come back at 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

If anyone goes tomorrow could they ask in the shop if it will be normal on Monday and no time slots. I intend going on Monday but coming from limerick so it’ll prob be 11/12 before I get up but won’t bother if it’s the wrist band time slot still..

I know they said initially it was only until Sunday so hopefully that’s the case..

• Registered Users Posts: 33 alannoone

Posting some details hoping it will help anyone considering visiting the store this weekend, as I have seen this thread on the front page a few times in the past number of days.

Visiting Dublin for the weekend and got a wristband for 14:30 when passing by the store at 12.

It does not look crowded from the outside but its quite full on getting in. If the crowd inside was much larger, I would not have stayed very long. The minifig personalization station in particular is so busy that i initially thought they must be giving away something for free.

Its annoying, but after getting in by chance, I can see why they are limiting entry.

Slots are supposed to be for 30 minutes, but they do not check wrist bands is in store, and I estimate most people wont stay more than the 30 minutes as its pretty crowded and they will have seen everything at least once.

Post edited by alannoone on

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

Would someone be able to take a picture of the pick a brick wall? I'm down in Cork so won't be able to make it up for a while yet. I'm particularly looking to see if they have small pieces of whites, blues and clear in both solid and translucent. I have the botanical flower bouquet 10280 and I'd like to fill the vase I have them in to look like it has 'water'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭omri

Lego lighthouse out on 1st Sept, half the amount of bricks compared to say home alone set but at €50 more. Sign of things to come with lego prices I guess…

Looks like a great set but like you say only complaint I see in the reviews are the price tag, about 50 overpriced. I noticed a few sets in smyths have gone up 2 euro that were out August the 1st. So sets are meant to be going up from 5 euro up to 50 euro come September i believe so I would recommend if people are interested in a set check out what sets are going up in price on YouTube from then and buy them this month if you can.

• Advertisement

Noticed a few I had my eye on already went up on Lego.com. Think I’ll be curbing my own hobby for a while so the kids can indulge.

on that note I have entry passes for 3. Do I only enter the cattle pen at 3 does anyone know or before that

Advertisement