Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Yeah, happened me before with the Bugatti, but see it's still in stock in Smyths. Might bite the bullet on a few of the ones that are only on LEGO, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Said he robbed 4 large boxes of lego. Going by the amount he robbed I would of thought they were the sets behind the Information counter. Not sure how he thought he would get away with that now.

I worked in the Smyths in Blanchardstown one Christmas and the amount of people who'd load the bottom of buggys etc with sets and just walk out was mind boggling

• Registered Users Posts: 17,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

LEGO Animal Crossing on the way. Short clip on Nintendo of Europe's Twitter account that doesn't give a whole lot away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Meh. Release another (different) F1 car, my bday is in less than 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Fella has over 170 convictions for burglary, theft etc.

Scumbag has form for getting away with it clearly and should have been jailed for longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The full reveal of LEGO Animal Crossing. 

LEGO Animal Crossing Official Set Reveal

Lots more details at the link below.

LEGO Animal Crossing launches March 2024, all sets revealed, full details

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

It's a bit far for everyone here but the Lego shop in Leicester Square were giving out these bags when you left the store today. Do they ever do anything like that in Dublin or is it always a GWP or the limited Dublin tile?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I thiboyits because it's World Play Day (whatever that is!)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭T.C.

They did actually give out those bags in the Dublin store this time. I was in last thing and handed one just as I left the store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Hey lads how is it going aha (crazy months since July, huge change to the family ha).

I am surprised that I didn't see any complaint on this stupid blind box of the Marvel CMF#2? I tried to follow the box arrangement guide when I went to Toymaster in town....and aghh I just wanted a Wolverine but got annoying figures that I absolutely do not want aha...

I haven't had this annoyance on CMF series for many years and we are quite proud of our 'feeling' expertise on the blind bags😢

(and ya if anyone wants to swap have a look of my ad😉 or drop me a PM)

Welcome back. Your dead right the new CMF in their cardboard boxes are terrible in my opinion. I haven't bought 1 at all and I would usually buy a lot of the CMFs. I won't bother at all with this wave. Was great been able to feel the minifigures prior to this as could get the one you wanted usually. I saw on YouTube video that if they were to change it to a non cardboard it would take 4 waves of CMFs to do it so be over a year so definitely not going to be changing if ever it does for over a year at the earliest and I can't see it been done if ever for a few years. I do wonder have they noticed a massive difference in this wave been sold and maybe they will change it if this wave hs been bad and next few waves over the issue with how there packaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Good man for not giving in lol.

I have this buy 5 get 1 free coupon from toymaster so I thought I might get lucky...Nope.

Ah seriously I hate this so much. I could bring a scale and do the weighting like some people did on Reddit lol. But I just cant be arsed, and I really wanna get rid of the 3 figures that I really don't want.

My spending on Lego really shrinks to nil for nearly 6 months now - I can't even say if there is any set that I would like - all these feel ok ha.

Oh, I quite like that The Wave painting set - let's see towards the end of year. The GWP has been some let downs so really not missing much.

Set of year has to be the Rivendell set that I'm glad I'm just an ok fan of LotR ha.

Yeah I won't bother with this wave I would of probably had gotten them otherwise. I say lego will notice the sales in regards to these sets and I wouldn't be surprised if changed down the line. Like I understand for the environment but could be done better, plus if they really wanted to some sets the boxes are too big for the amount of lego in them. They could easily reduce the size of some lego boxes by a 3rd to save on cardboard, got 2 sets recently and the amount of space in them was unreal. Could of made smaller boxes for them and I say a lot more sets. Got the wave set there recently as someone posted it on lego bargains page so got a good bit off of it. Have to get a decent amount of the star wars waves as I let them build up and now loads to get so have picked up a few recently but still a lot haven't bought. Medieval GWP i believe coming out next month apparently so looking forward to that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Hey folks, wondering if someone here might be able to help.

We have a Hogwarts Castle 4842 and 4867 extension that we no longer have space for. Where do people tend to sell/advertise these on? eBay/adverts.ie? Any advice much appreciated.

Alternatively (I think this is ok with the charter), if people on here are interested in buying, drop me a PM. Ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

Dune ornithopter coming Feb 2024

• Minifigure character line-up – Includes Paul Atreides, Lady Jessica, Gurney Halleck, Chani, Leto Atreides, Liet Kynes, Duncan Idaho and Baron Harkonnen in his long robe

Anyone go to the Blanchardstown lego opening today? Was it busy? What does the store look like? Is it big inside as I thought was a small enough space there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I'm wondering if the wristband system is in place again or can I arrive in the afternoon over the weekend and get in.

I wonder was the wristband more because covid restrictions were still in place in settings so they were been careful or was it just over the crowds?

Just back - loads of rope barriers (if that's what they're called) set up but no one in them - walked straight in. Shop was busy enough but not massively crowded or anything. Decent stock of most things - for example I didn't notice the Rivendell set but wasn't looking for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭T.C.

I spotted the Rivendell set in there about an hour ago :)

Hopefully does well. Not sure where else they could open up more lego stores in Ireland. Like would one do well in Dundrum shopping centre? Would 1 in Cork or Galway have enough footfall to do well? Or is 2 the max that might do well here in Ireland?

I'd say one in Dundrum would do well, not sure where else they could open one. Isn't there one being opened in Patrick Street in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,888 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

They could do with replacing Grafton St with a bigger one.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Mahon point would probably do well, though I haven't been to Mahon point in years.

I'd worry that Lego is abit niche and it will close like the Disney store in blanch.

Yeah I think so. Could of done with been about a 3rd bigger. The pick a brick wall should be about 5 times the size of the 1 in Grafton St store. I think maybe would of been better on Henry St for foot traffic then at other end of Grafton St but then you have more junkies etc. probably going in annoying staff etc. I do think the Grafton St 1 is great but could of done with extra 3rd floor or just bigger space width wise.

I think with a lot of adults now buying lego might be ok there but you never know. Does have a lot of footfall over in Blanchardstown but saying that smyths is only across the parking lot from it so it's hard to say.

Smyths are very competitive price wise. However Smyth's while they do stock an amazing amount, it's more geared to the child market.

Lego with the more adult selection, gwp and VIP points will probably hold its own.

I wish Smyth's had a loyalty scheme.

For sure, least you can scan the QR codes on your lego manuals onto your VIP account gives you 20 points. But you really have to look at prices in both places as if a set is reduced in smyths might be 20 euro in the difference between there and lego store. Lego store is good for exclusive sets, pick a brick, build your own mini figure and GWP and points but you do have to look around when buying lego. Saying that with argos gone there is a lot less places to find cheap lego.

• Advertisement

Oh I didn't know I could scan the codes...I thought it had to be done at the checkout. I'm very new to this ....looks like I'll be busy this weekend. I do have a VIP account but I've yet to get into Grafton Street, hoping to get to blanch tmw

Advertisement