Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

New Death star is on the lego site now - €500.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Has anyone built the Claas yet? I was a little disappointed in the numbering of the bags. There are only two sets of bags 1 & 2. There must be 10 bags labeled #1, it would have been good if they split them a little I needed to build the vehicle in one sitting as I'd parts everywhere. it would have been nice to have the option to stop in the middle.

That said I love the unit once it's completed.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭HorseSea

Yea, I wondered about the bag numbering too. But as you say great model when completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,156 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Holiday train available to order now with the IE10 code for €10 off.

https://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Winter-Holiday-Train-10254

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Holiday train available to order now with the IE10 code for €10 off.

https://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Winter-Holiday-Train-10254

Good lad yourself:)
    Got an email about that but the €10 off makes it doable.

82 euro before discount from their UK store. Even with PM its an extra tenner off. GB10 is the code, making it £60 / €70 euro.

• Advertisement

82 euro before discount from their UK store. Even with PM its an extra tenner off. GB10 is the code, making it £60 / €70 euro.

I missed a trick there : (

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Nice one, thanks for that! € 70.27 via Revolut card and includes a free gift as always too! :)

got the following
    winter train
    40153 birthday cake
    420131 cherry picker
    30422 mini dragon (free)
    total £70 /€81

I should have said earlier , through revolut.

I missed a trick there : (

You did indeed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

Am I right in thinking that I can use the PFs from the cargo train to power the Winter Holiday Train?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

anyone ordering this to parcel motel word of warning, ive ordered a bit off the lego site recently and that free gift dragon was twice delivered to me seperatly from the rest of my order and the box was huge, to the point where it might be oversized in parcel motel. you would also be charged the PM storage twice.

anyone ordering this to parcel motel word of warning, ive ordered a bit off the lego site recently and that free gift dragon was twice delivered to me seperatly from the rest of my order and the box was huge, to the point where it might be oversized in parcel motel. you would also be charged the PM storage twice.

I used address pal yesterday (the an post one) was a long hoover the parcel was well over size and probably weight, cost 3.50, girl said they all scan in at 3.50 might be worth trying address pal instead.
    Ordered off eBay Monday and was in the post office for pick up yesterday.

I generally use parcel wizard. It's gets around bigger boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Anyone know if you can buy the Lego power function accessories in a store in Dublin? Or if online from the Lego store is the only option.

Looking for 88000, 88002, 8884 and 8879.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Anyone know if you can buy the Lego power function accessories in a store in Dublin? Or if online from the Lego store is the only option.

Looking for 88000, 88002, 8884 and 8879.

Smyths carry some of those....20%off till monday night. In store only not online.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭friso59

I'm trying to order some lego from the uk lego site as it's working out a nice bit cheaper. I've tried using parcel motel and address pal for delivery but lego's site won't let me.
    Has anyone used these before when buying from lego shop at home in the uk?
    Any idea how I can get it to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭HorseSea

As far as I know Lego will not send to a country other than where the credit card is from. I have tried before.

friso59 wrote: »
    I'm trying to order some lego from the uk lego site as it's working out a nice bit cheaper. I've tried using parcel motel and address pal for delivery but lego's site won't let me.
    Has anyone used these before when buying from lego shop at home in the uk?
    Any idea how I can get it to work?
    I just ordered to Parcel Wizard last week using Revolut credit card no problem

Parcel motel was rejected for me last week, im still waiting for the hold on the 160 sterling I spent to release the money back into my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,671 ✭✭✭SteM

Parcel motel was rejected for me last week, im still waiting for the hold on the 160 sterling I spent to release the money back into my account.

Did you use revolut card or one registered to an Irish address?

• Advertisement

I used paypal, don't think the card used matters there.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

I've used Parcel Wizard for the first time, as recommended by tatranska earlier in the thread and I've just got an email to say my order has been shipped. I used an Irish credit card too. Fingers crossed there's no issues getting the Holiday Train delivered for a much better price.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭friso59

I've used Parcel Wizard for the first time, as recommended by tatranska earlier in the thread and I've just got an email to say my order has been shipped. I used an Irish credit card too. Fingers crossed there's no issues getting the Holiday Train delivered for a much better price.
    That's exactly what I was looking to get :) Must give parcel wizard a try. Thanks for the ideas about the revolut card too.

• Moderators Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭Spocker

Is the saving buying from the GB store that great though, using Revolut + Parcel *?

For example, if wanted to get the Disney Castle 71040, it's €350 from the IE store. If I buy using Revolut @ £289.99, it works out at approx €336.67. Add in the Parcel Wizard cost of €3.85 and the total is €340.52 - a saving of just under a tenner, or 2.8%? Not worth the hassle IMO

Spocker wrote: »
    Is the saving buying from the GB store that great though, using Revolut + Parcel *?

For example, if wanted to get the Disney Castle 71040, it's €350 from the IE store. If I buy using Revolut @ £289.99, it works out at approx €336.67. Add in the Parcel Wizard cost of €3.85 and the total is €340.52 - a saving of just under a tenner, or 2.8%? Not worth the hassle IMO
    Depends on what you define as hassle I guess and your value on money. Personally I'd be happier to save the tenner, plus Parcel Wizard are flexible if you need to reschedule etc.

With the Parcel Wizard cost and the difference in the RRP for the train in the UK compared to here, I've saved €10.62. I don't know about anyone else but that's worth it for the money that stays in my pocket.

Actually, who am I kidding, that money is going towards more Lego in the Argos 3 for 2 or in Smyths with their coupons this weekend.

With the Parcel Wizard cost and the difference in the RRP for the train in the UK compared to here, I've saved €10.62. I don't know about anyone else but that's worth it for the money that stays in my pocket.

Actually, who am I kidding, that money is going towards more Lego in the Argos 3 for 2 or in Smyths with their coupons this weekend.

Was there a voucher involved there by any chance?

I compared the price of the set and delivery minus the £10 off code with the price from the Irish site minus the €10 code there.

So it is like for like but as I said it's a bit of a false economy on my side since I'm just using the savings to buy more sets later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

it's a bit of a false economy on my side since I'm just using the savings to buy more sets later today.

Ahhh... the logic that comes into play in order to justify LEGO spends!

I've been patiently adding sets to my basket over the past few months, patting myself on the back for not pulling the trigger on them straight away and only delighted with myself that when I buy them next month I can then use the double points to get the train for around €20. Of course, I'm quite happy to blithely ignore the obscene spend that will achieve that, but hey, train for €20, right? :-D

• Advertisement

Just got the mail, 4x VIP points during Duplo Week 29 Sept - 9 Oct (doesn't say if it's Duplo purchases only)

Advertisement