Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

I have four sets to get, total over 250. Think I will try and split it and get one set in Oct for the free Oct gift and the other in Nov incase there is anybChristmas bonus.

The US holiday calander looks great but doubt we will get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

polydactyl wrote: »
    The US holiday calander looks great but doubt we will get it.

Apparently it'll be in European stores from 23 Oct-10 Dec with a €65 spend, which would cross over with double VIP points.

I'm holding the Brick Bank back until November to see if we get the snowglobe on this side of the pond too.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Delboy5

[QUOTE=
    I'm holding the Brick Bank back until November to see if we get the snowglobe on this side of the pond too.[/QUOTE]

The Snowglobe is what im interested in too, is there any mention of is this side of the pond, i know its going to offered in the US during the Black Friday sales....

Delboy5 wrote: »
    The Snowglobe is what im interested in too, is there any mention of is this side of the pond, i know its going to offered in the US during the Black Friday sales....

Haven't seen anything on it yet. The calendar has been confirmed for the German, Dutch and French stores, so no reason why it should be any different elsewhere in Europe. Not a peep on the snow globe yet, though.

I want it - it looks great - but at the same time I'm a bit disappointed that it can't really be added to the Winter Village the way the past few could. Never satisfied! :-D

Having seen the train with the PFs installed, it looks damn fugly! Such a shame that a bit more effort wasn't put into coming up with a design that masked the functions better.

I'm between two minds now... I've been dithering over picking up the original Holiday Train in the hope that they'd come up with a new one, but I'm even more tempted to hunt it down now. I was okay with the new train being pricey for the number of pieces, and with it being a bit short as a MOC carriage or two would address that, but damn... those clunky PFs! :-(

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=e0pkqVHi3ks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Having seen the train with the PFs installed, it looks damn fugly! Such a shame that a bit more effort wasn't put into coming up with a design that masked the functions better.

I'm between two minds now... I've been dithering over picking up the original Holiday Train in the hope that they'd come up with a new one, but I'm even more tempted to hunt it down now. I was okay with the new train being pricey for the number of pieces, and with it being a bit short as a MOC carriage or two would address that, but damn... those clunky PFs! :-(

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=e0pkqVHi3ks

I sourced the original holiday train via Bricklink - took an eternity but it was well worth it. However, the one thing to bear in mind, and it's something that I'm conscious of, is that the 9v system is less future proof than PF. When I want to start expanding my track it's going to get quite expensive - though I have seen people convert the original to PF, so I could always try that (looks pretty complicated though...).

I sourced the original holiday train via Bricklink - took an eternity but it was well worth it. However, the one thing to bear in mind, and it's something that I'm conscious of, is that the 9v system is less future proof than PF. When I want to start expanding my track it's going to get quite expensive - though I have seen people convert the original to PF, so I could always try that (looks pretty complicated though...).

It's been on my Want list on Bricklink forever - every now and then I get thiiiis close to saying, feck it, just buy the damn thing. It doesn't bother me that it's the old 9v system as all my Winter Village sets come out only at Christmas for their annual rebuild, so I'm not looking to extend it beyond that. (Having said that, my village is growing fairly steadily so I may need to rethink that!)

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

So if I buy the first 100 euro of the purchases tomorrow I get the free London bus and double vip points and the second 100 euro of stuff on Oct 23rd I may get the holiday calander? I can't figure these deals out from the website at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

My order from George.com shipped yesterday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

My order from George.com shipped yesterday :)

If u ever stuck i can collect at asda strabane an post it on. I got the city square for 84 stg last week and its brilliant.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I placed an order on the Lego UK site yesterday to be delivered to Parcel Motel and while it went through on their website, I immediately recieved an email cancelling my order because they don't accept orders to mail forwarding addresses. Am I the only one who's had this problem?

E-mail below:

We’re sorry, but your recent LEGO® order couldn’t be processed with the shipping address you have given us and we’ve had to cancel the order as a result.
    Protecting your personal information is very important to us. To ensure your privacy and the quality of our service, we’ve decided to no longer send orders placed with freight forwarding or third-party shipping addresses.
    If you’d like to provide us with a residential address, please give us a call and we’ll be happy to help you place your order again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

happened to me. Also get onto them straight away if you used PayPal because while they cancel the order on the Lego website they don't cancel the hold on your PayPal money from when you placed the order. It takes something like 29 days for PayPal to automatically release that hold. I had to get Lego to go into their PayPal and cancel it in there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

happened to me. Also get onto them straight away if you used PayPal because while they cancel the order on the Lego website they don't cancel the hold on your PayPal money from when you placed the order. It takes something like 29 days for PayPal to automatically release that hold. I had to get Lego to go into their PayPal and cancel it in there

Luckily I paid via MasterCard so it didn't seem to go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

I had no problem getting the Winter Holiday Train from the UK site through Parcel Wizard when I ordered on the 22nd of September. If they've changed policy, it must be quite a recent thing.

That's what I was ordering when they cancelled it. It was parcel motel I used though. Parcel wizard seems to be ok from what I've read, so far anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭friso59

I used parcel wizard a couple of weeks ago and it got delivered no problem. For some reason they don't seem to like the parcel motel address

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Latest Lego Ideas review has come and gone and left us with...

http://brickset.com/article/23872/and-the-result-is

Really wanted to get my hands on the fossil museum, but that's just the way things go.

Rhyme wrote: »
    Latest Lego Ideas review has come and gone and left us with...

http://brickset.com/article/23872/and-the-result-is

Really wanted to get my hands on the fossil museum, but that's just the way things go.

I'm really pleased with this - I think he's come up with a really cohesive collection of sets overall, with great details and a consistent overall look. It was my favourite of all the sets up for review this time around, so I was pleasantly surprised to see it selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I'm really pleased with this - I think he's come up with a really cohesive collection of sets overall, with great details and a consistent overall look. It was my favourite of all the sets up for review this time around, so I was pleasantly surprised to see it selected.

Really surprised that it passed. I thought there was an unwritten rule that stated large sets had zero chance of getting in. It looks lovely. Will definitely be picking it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just browsing the Lego store there and have added the Christmas Train and Ecto 1 to my basket.

They work out around €150 on the Irish site but £115 on the UK store. Using Revolut that's about €125.

Is there any problems ordering from the UK store?

Also anyone get the Train yet? I plan on picking a few Christmas bits up and having them under the tree every year as a display so this seems a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Just browsing the Lego store there and have added the Christmas Train and Ecto 1 to my basket.

They work out around €150 on the Irish site but £115 on the UK store. Using Revolut that's about €125.

Is there any problems ordering from the UK store?

Also anyone get the Train yet? I plan on picking a few Christmas bits up and having them under the tree every year as a display so this seems a good start.
    Already covered in this or one of the other threads. Yes, many people (myself included) have had no problem paying sterling and delivery to Parcel Wizard/Motel. Don't think you'll get direct shipping to Ireland for Sterling. Others have reported problems having shipments to onward shipping companies. Best bet is give it a go. I paid with Revolut all ok. And yes I have the train and looking forward to the build! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

g0g wrote: »
    Already covered in this or one of the other threads. Yes, many people (myself included) have had no problem paying sterling and delivery to Parcel Wizard/Motel. Don't think you'll get direct shipping to Ireland for Sterling. Others have reported problems having shipments to onward shipping companies. Best bet is give it a go. I paid with Revolut all ok. And yes I have the train and looking forward to the build! :)

Thanks for that. Should have mentioned I'd be using Parcel Motel.

I also have my eye on the Winter Toy Shop and Santa's Workshop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Arthur.beaker

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Should have mentioned I'd be using Parcel Motel.

I also have my eye on the Winter Toy Shop and Santa's Workshop.

Sounds like they have just started clamping down on Parcel Motel anyway.

Just a quick heads up , parcel motel was cancelled for me a couple of weeks back. Might not be happening to everyone I might have been just unlucky. Had a nightmare getting them to cancel the paypal hold too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Just a quick heads up , parcel motel was cancelled for me a couple of weeks back. Might not be happening to everyone I might have been just unlucky. Had a nightmare getting them to cancel the paypal hold too.

Use the An post one, i've started using it instead of parcel motel, the never seem to charge for the over sizes everything is 3.50 just pay it at the counter when collecting. https://addresspal.anpost.ie/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw1ee_BRD3hK6x993YzeoBEiQA5RH_BNY2D0qSi8E7SB0B1R52NSm2d-vOcYhsLcj_y7lCghAaAswO8P8HAQ

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Use the An post one, i've started using it instead of parcel motel, the never seem to charge for the over sizes everything is 3.50 just pay it at the counter when collecting. https://addresspal.anpost.ie/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw1ee_BRD3hK6x993YzeoBEiQA5RH_BNY2D0qSi8E7SB0B1R52NSm2d-vOcYhsLcj_y7lCghAaAswO8P8HAQ

I've used addresspal a few times now (never with the Lego store) but yea, regardless of the item it's a flat €3.50 fee and the delivery time is usually less than a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

has any one heard any rumours about what the new modular building will be this year? Or have an idea when it will be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

Naid23 wrote: »
    has any one heard any rumours about what the new modular building will be this year? Or have an idea when it will be announced?

There's just this post on Reddit a couple of weeks ago but there's no further information and nothing to prove it's real or not. The forums on Brickset have been speculating it's a kind of park area to put in the middle of the modulars with statues, bandstands, etc.

None of that seems to match up to the number of pieces mentioned in the screenshot so I'd wait until there's a real announcement from Lego before making any decisions on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

There's just this post on Reddit a couple of weeks ago but there's no further information and nothing to prove it's real or not. The forums on Brickset have been speculating it's a kind of park area to put in the middle of the modulars with statues, bandstands, etc.

None of that seems to match up to the number of pieces mentioned in the screenshot so I'd wait until there's a real announcement from Lego before making any decisions on it.

If the slide is genuine, a price of over 350 euro would have to have a building included.

Advertisement