Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

If the slide is genuine, a price of over 350 euro would have to have a building included.

I agree but that's what the speculation was on Brickset. On the Reddit thread, it looks like they were convinced it is a Lego store modular, based on the Boston Lego shop in a place called Assembly Square. That would make more sense to me too, especially with the "Why is everyone so happy?" line. I expect a few minifig children with the standard smiling faces, carrying Lego boxes/bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Bealtles Yellow submarine is out 1st of November http://m.imgur.com/gallery/xhPGP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Has anyone here ordered from the UK Lego store and had their item shipped to address pal? Any issues there?

Anyone know if the Lego City 60051 high speed train would have all the bits required to work the holiday train?
    It's the cheapest train set I can see 66 on Amazon.

On the Winter Train, the back of the box lists the power functions needed. The Brickset parts list for the 60051 High Speed Train contains all four of them so it should be fine. All you need are the 6 AAA batteries for the battery box and 3 more for the remote control and you're fine.

• Advertisement

Perfect just ordered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

These Assembly Square images have started to appear on a lot of blogs and AFOL sites in the past hour or so: https://m.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/57xf4s/10255_assembly_square_revealed/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

Another one for the bucket list, looks good..

Still need to pick up the Pet Shop, Dectives Office, Bank and Cinema.
    Should have picked up one in the last smyths sale but the draw of the Ferris wheel was to great.

Nab the Cinema and Pet Shop first - they're not listed along with the others in the list of previous sets in the press release, so chances are they'll be discontinued soon.

It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Assembly square looks class. Will def be picking that up at some point.

Nab the Cinema and Pet Shop first - they're not listed along with the others in the list of previous sets in the press release, so chances are they'll be discontinued soon.

Will do the pet shop is my next purchase. I'd say it's for the chop as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

So need to make one more Lego purchase of near 100 euro but a single item. Any thoughts on whether holiday calander or Santa ornament would be best free gift?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Delboy5

polydactyl wrote: »
    So need to make one more Lego purchase of near 100 euro but a single item. Any thoughts on whether holiday calander or Santa ornament would be best free gift?

Is there official word about when the Santa ornament will be available!?

On the UK shop calendar, it's listed as 25/11 to 10/12 for the snowglobe. Usually it's the same date across Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

On the UK shop calendar, it's listed as 25/11 to 10/12 for the snowglobe. Usually it's the same date across Europe.

Snowglobe looks pretty good. I'm sure i can find something to buy si that i can get it

List of retiring sets: http://allaboutthebrick.com/?p=1069

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Hmm Sandcrawler or Ewok Village from Santa?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Nice additional carriages for the Winter Holiday Train....

http://imgur.com/a/D135p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lego display at the MRSI show in St Pauls College Raheny until Monday - http://www.modelrailways.ie/Events.html

Also, the traditional (light wood/paint/etc) model of O'Connell Street with the old trams has to be seen to be believed. Its been growing for years and now goes from the Rotunda to the Ballast House. But its not Lego :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Anyone almost tempted by the 911 in the Argos 3 for 2. At its "reduced" price it would be € 160 a piece!

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

g0g wrote: »
    Anyone almost tempted by the 911 in the Argos 3 for 2. At its "reduced" price it would be € 160 a piece!

Might tentatively throw my hat in the ring for that actually, the real trick will be finding a store that has three of them available...

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭muloc

Bealtles Yellow submarine is out 1st of November http://m.imgur.com/gallery/xhPGP

not in smyths till end of November by look of it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Spocker wrote: »
    Might tentatively throw my hat in the ring for that actually, the real trick will be finding a store that has three of them available...

I'd be tempted at the €160.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

Got the new Millennium Falcon Toady , the OH is working all weekend so hoping that will keep us occupied for a few hours at least, any one built it ? it looks class but is it challenging ?

Got the London Bridge Set , US Capitol Building and Technique Porsche all coming my way over the Christmas. Might get the Simpsons House for myself in Disneyland Jan as well. anybody done any of thees either ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

g0g wrote: »

Are there any stores which have three? You can order it but doesn't get into store until after the 3/2 is over.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Are there any stores which have three? You can order it but doesn't get into store until after the 3/2 is over.

There's one in each of the stores closest to me.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

emmetkenny wrote: »
    There's one in each of the stores closest to me.

Monaghan has two, the rest are only 1 or orderable

http://checkargos.com/product/6074315#

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I was going to get a BWE and probably something else, if someone around south Dublin is looking for the Porsche let me know, The Porsche won't work out at 160 probably somewhere between 180-190, depending on what the other thing I order is worth.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Advertisement