Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

I love LEGO even more today. So pleased to see them discontinue their relationship with the Daily Mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

Just in case anyone hasn't seen it, here's the lineup of winter and summer Star Wars sets for 2017 that we know of so far:

Winter:
    Yoda's Jedi Starfighter (Yoda and R2-D2)
    Phantom (Thrawn, Kanan, Chopper)
    Rogue one set (possibly y wing)
    Duel of the Fates (Obi Wan, Qui Gon, Maul)
    Desert Skiff
    Landspeeder, possibly a UCS set (Luke, C-3PO, Ben Kenobi, Tusken Raider)

Summer:
    Episode 4-7 Battle Pack X2 ( movie unknown)
    Quadjumper (in TFA for half a second)
    Rebel Hangar ( ROTJ, with Lando Calrissian.)
    Death Gang (TFA)
    Imperial Hovertank (Another one?)
    Vader Transformation
    Advent Calendar
    Freemaker set
    Freemaker set

Some unusual choices, but interested in the original trilogy sets. I also have a leaked picture attached here..

Also rumoured is Yoda's Dagobah hut. This would be the set that would excite me the most if it were actually being made.... a new Yoda has been due for a while, and the set could include a ghost Ben Kenobi if Lego were feeling generous. Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Also rumoured is Yoda's Dagobah hut. This would be the set that would excite me the most if it were actually being made.... a new Yoda has been due for a while, and the set could include a ghost Ben Kenobi if Lego were feeling generous. Wow.

That's been rumoured for years, along with more cloud city.

Not happening next year :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

First ever trip to a Lego shop today. Couldn't quite figure out what to do with myself, so much awesome everywhere.

Managed to find the last couple of series 16 figures I was after, assuming I didn't miss grope the packs, Parisian Restaurant, a Santa coming down the chimney set, a couple of pick a brick tubs and then got three free gifts of the toy soldier tree ornament, London Bus and the 24-in-1 Christmas set. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I was in legoland Windsor last summer with the family and all the Lego series minifigure packets on the back had the names of who was in them written on them. Was handy ! At the time it was the Disney ones.

Anyone know of any Black Friday Deals?

Marvel Iron Skull Sub Attack is 17.49 in Smyths anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Anyone know of any Black Friday Deals?

Marvel Iron Skull Sub Attack is 17.49 in Smyths anyway.

According to the shop calendar, that weekend of 'black friday' is 20% of selected sets.
    Will be over in the new london shop over that weekend so hoping for some good deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Anyone else notice how terrible the lego website is to use lately?
    I'll click on creator and it will kick into star wars and then goes all weird. Its since the did the website up its been weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Quick question.
    Is the lego advent calendar a "count up" or "count down" calendar?
    There's €20 riding on this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

shedweller wrote: »
    Quick question.
    Is the lego advent calendar a "count up" or "count down" calendar?
    There's €20 riding on this!
    Count up I would have thought, or else it just gets confusing! Haven't advent calendars always been that way? I only associate those decorations with the two cubes you adjust each day to possibly be set up to count downwards in December

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

For those interested...Arnotts has a load of life size lego figures throughout the store

• Registered Users Posts: 68,551 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I have 95% finished Bricklink/PABing 10190 Market Street - with some minor changes, as its for display completeness only.

Including all shipping - €98 on Bricklink and €50 on PAB + parts from my own stock (sets bought for parts, parts boxes, etc). Nearly all new parts bar some hideously dear one. Reversed the stupidly expensive upstairs door, used the modern windows that look the same as the old ones, ditto the new mould for the more modern first floor door. Going to do a BL order now for about 15 quid and then there'll just one cheap but rare enough part I'll wait for.

Cloned sets with similar replacements go for 450+ (no figs/box/instructions). If you have any stock of parts at all and want a dear set for display rather than investment purposes ALWAYS investigate this road.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Good going, I'm currently in the process of Bricklinking The Super Star Destroyer 10221... I'm in no mad rush so only order bits and pieces every other month.

I haven't worked out exactly how much I've spent to date but it's in the region of about €200 and I'm about 50% complete. Should come in around the €400-450 mark.

If I were to buy this outright, the cheapest going is €850+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Good going, I'm currently in the process of Bricklinking The Super Star Destroyer 10221... I'm in no mad rush so only order bits and pieces every other month.

I haven't worked out exactly how much I've spent to date but it's in the region of about €200 and I'm about 50% complete. Should come in around the €400-450 mark.

If I were to buy this outright, the cheapest going is €850+

Is it going for over €850??! Saw it once in a Lego shop in London built in a window display, its Massive! I bought it a couple of years ago from Lego.com during a May the 4th promotion, cost me €320. Still sitting in a box in my attic, mint sealed and never even opened (I know, it's a crime not to open boxes, but just had other sets that took priority on my shelf). That kind of money could get me the 3 current modulars (including assembly square), and Ghostbusters HQ. :pac: But I can't sell it, I can't... or can I? :pac:

Is it going for over €850??! Saw it once in a Lego shop in London built in a window display, its Massive! I bought it a couple of years ago from Lego.com during a May the 4th promotion, cost me €320. Still sitting in a box in my attic, mint sealed and never even opened (I know, it's a crime not to open boxes, but just had other sets that took priority on my shelf). That kind of money could get me the 3 current modulars (including assembly square), and Ghostbusters HQ. :pac: But I can't sell it, I can't... or can I? :pac:

Give you a fiver for it :D

My wife got a load of bags down from the attic today to see what toys we had for the kids.
    Upon opening them this evening I found bags and bags and... bags of LEGO :D

Good job I've a few days off over Christmas!

I've seen them go for close to €1,000... hold onto it and sell in a few years ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Delboy5

My Christmas train with a few small additions.. nn1rg6.jpg

Did you add power functions? I was going to add them to my own but read a few reviews that it took away from the look of the train as the wires were not well hidden at all

Did you add power functions? I was going to add them to my own but read a few reviews that it took away from the look of the train as the wires were not well hidden at all

Yes I added power functions, you can see the grey battery box in the coal cart also wires in the train cab and a grey block in front of it...I agree it does take away from it slightly but I'm willing to sacrifice that in order for it to travel around our tree!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

So much lego got for the kids this year, got my daughter the Parisian restaurant which I hope she likes. Crawler Crane for one of my boys and deep sea operations base for other lad. As well as load of other creator and star wars sets. Oh and a minecraft set which I never like buying because seem to get a lot less for your money, even than star wars sets. (and I know both licenses must be pretty steep)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/83785904@N07/31485601631/in/dateposted-public/ - my three clones of the first modulars. A genuine Haunted House (also worth quite a bit now) just visible to the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

L1011 wrote: »
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/83785904@N07/31485601631/in/dateposted-public/ - my three clones of the first modulars. A genuine Haunted House (also worth quite a bit now) just visible to the left.

Awesome. Will probably start Bricklinking Green Grocer in the new year. I've been waiting for 1x8 sand green to make a re-appearancea at S@H, but I've just given at this stage. Did you substitute 1x4s, or did you go the whole hog?

How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking. I must have spent close to 600 doing my Cafe corner, but I learned a lot from that experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

On the picture it says the total cost was less than one normal one, which seems incredibly good going.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Used sand green 1x4s mostly; also some cases of 2 1x3s for a 1x6 as I had spares.

I had a decent supply to start from including the dear ground-floor door for Cafe Corner.

Without checking all invoices it was probably 300 GG, 200 CC and 120 MS. You'll pay that for one now. GG has 50+ 1x2s that are about 4 euro each! That part is still made in other colours so I expect an eventual return

edit: forgot to mention that they weren't €4 each when I did it; that'd have run the price through the roof. Were $1.23 a brick and $7.26 shipping from the US.

Another update, been waiting on a few bricklink parts to arrive....

Next year ill see about a few Winter Village sets for underneath the tree.

6p23xi.jpg

My toy shop and snow globe arrived today.
    I'm also in the middle of the winter train.

I've also got to pull out my workshop and other bits from last year.

Damn...I've a lot of christmas lego to build in the next 2 weeks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

We finished off our Winter Toy Shop last night, it's gorgeous! Pity the light brick only stays on while the button is being pressed though.

How does the Bricklink thing work? Would love to do the Santa's Workshop too, (probably for next year though) but see it's been discontinued now, and the prices on some places have started to climb into silly money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Star Lord wrote: »
    We finished off our Winter Toy Shop last night, it's gorgeous! Pity the light brick only stays on while the button is being pressed though.

You can push in the button and then turn it with the Lego separator to keep it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Winter train just arrived. My first train since 7710 in the early 80s. Lego are cunning. I'm now looking at starting a lego train collection. Which would require multiples of each copy because they're not great (bar the super expensive retired sets) out of the box. Just when I said I was limiting myself to modulars.

Advertisement