Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

We have the winter toy shop and santas workshop now built and on the mantlepiece. Both very enjoyable builds.

We have the gingerbread house & mini train set from last year aswel as this years snowglobe so will be building them this weekend.

Really like the christmas tree from the toyshop set.

Theres going to be an awful lot of lego in my house this year and then id say the new modular will be ordered early in January :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Have a Lego-themed crib every year, last year was a bit of a hodgepodge with the overall theme being 'George Lucas' with Star Wars, Indiana Jones etc. This year I was a bit stricter with a no-nonsense Lord of the Rings crib. Had a lot of fun acquiring the right minifigures over the past few months but I think it was worth it.

Going to do Pirates next year I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Anyone else tempted by 1/3 off on Tesco UK? Bucket Wheel Excavator £112 and GT3 £156. I'm not sure what my mental price point is but sooner or later I'll no longer be able to resist the office of them. Might even just buy them to build then sell on maybe €20 less. Have done that with a few sets on recent years

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

How do you get Tesco UK delivered to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

How do you get Tesco UK delivered to Ireland?

Use Parcel Motel or Parcel Wizard.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

My,train is,now built (looks good) and I'm half way through the toyshop:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Feeling so sorry for myself that I didn't order Christmas Lego because of self-imposed rationalising :( Stupid mortgage, ruining my Lego habit. Seeing some epic Christmas MOCs on Instagram and the forums is akin to torture!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,021 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Guys has anyone seen an Indromines Rex Breakout set?

A lady in work is after leaving it really late to buy now and is pankining.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I was messing around the weekend and added this to my train. It isn't exactly great building I just stuck train wheels on the end of it. But looks ok going around the tree.

https://instagram.com/p/BOKa40_gISr/

emmetkenny wrote: »

Think i seen one in smyths in Naas. Top shelf. Check the website for stock

• Advertisement

Naid23 wrote: »
    Think i seen one in smyths in Naas. Top shelf. Check the website for stock

Thanks for that Naid but it doesn't seem to be on the Smyths website anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Try ringing nimble fingers in Stillorgan or Art and Hobby you may get lucky with one of them.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Try ringing nimble fingers in Stillorgan or Art and Hobby you may get lucky with one of them.

None in Art and Hobby according to their website but didn't know about nimble fingers.

She's working in Dublin on Thursday so that could be a great choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

emmetkenny wrote: »

Toymaster in Ennis have it and Ken blacks stick it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

5 hours into building the toyshop. Reckon another 2-3 left.
    Really enjoying the build.
    Instructions could be a bit clearer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Built my Lego village last week. I need more room to display it properly but keeping it away from my 2 year old is more of a priority at the moment

5eeqo6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,205 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Built the Winter train last night with the kids and Mrs Sleepy's gingerbread house is sitting proudly beside it.

Would love to complete out the winter village range but some of the older sets are really going for obscene money at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

So what's everyone building today themselves or with kids? 60124 City Volcano set here. The lava-launching volcano piece has been the success story of the morning! Built 10199 last week but we never got around to the Winter Train or snow globe, so I guess they'll be saved for next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

70751 Temple of Artjitzu with the young lad, this is going to take a while.

Got the boyfriend a modular town hall- so will be building that over the next little while!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

They even got my hair right:

https://flic.kr/p/Qkr4gJ

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Just a reminder the Big Lego Christmas is on Channel 4 tomorrow at 8pm.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm a couple of days late, but have only just had the chance to photograph my Winter Village setup. This year I've added lights that I got via a Kickstarter project called Light STAX. I'm delighted with them, they really add so much to the setup.

boT6Eo2l.jpg

7MAvznFl.jpg

2HYMoiwl.jpg

iC2jnvPl.jpg

9ulVXYll.jpg

g6NGRrIl.jpg

1Z5juRtl.jpg

L1Ni843l.jpg

wZ1MPDTl.jpg

1Tg7sbEl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

I'm about halfway through building 10214 Tower Bridge.

Holy moly is it big. The detail is very nice so far, it's looking to be very impressive.

Some parts of the build are quite monotonous though, but I guess with something this size and nature, that can't be avoided.

Also, there's 556 1x1 tan slopes in this set! Madness, does anyone know of another set with that many of just one brick?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Conchir wrote: »

Also, there's 556 1x1 tan slopes in this set! Madness, does anyone know of another set with that many of just one brick?

Probably not on the same level but that self portrait set that they do in the new London shop probably has a lot of the same pieces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Maybe I'm alone, but I think some lego sets are very much form over function. They may look much better but they are built using very fragile building methods. When the kids play with them, they just fall apart at the lightest touch.

I wonder are the lego designers to influenced by Adult Fans of LEGO (AFOLs), who generally build in this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 midg234

Just had a quick look through some of the stuff here and all I can say is wow.

I build lego with my daughter so she's like the Lego Friends sets.

So far we've built 41101, 41119, 41126, 41133, 41129, 41127, 41122, 41095, 41135, 41100, 41015, and a lot of the little smaller ones as well

• Registered Users Posts: 68,554 ✭✭✭✭L1011

beauf wrote: »
    Maybe I'm alone, but I think some lego sets are very much form over function. They may look much better but they are built using very fragile building methods. When the kids play with them, they just fall apart at the lightest touch.

I wonder are the lego designers to influenced by Adult Fans of LEGO (AFOLs), who generally build in this way.

Architecture sets are not designed for play or targeted to kids. 16 on the box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

L1011 wrote: »
    Architecture sets are not designed for play or targeted to kids. 16 on the box

I never mentioned architecture?

Latest is the two legged at Star wars Walker. Just falls apart when you look at it sideways. Looks terrific. Just don't play with it.

AT-ST Walker 75153

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,554 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Assumed you were referring to the post above on Tower Bridge. A 40 quid star wars set should be kid-proof - moan at customer service, as they use the CRM to track design faults.

Advertisement