Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I was looking through the Lego.com website and the newer Architecture sets aren't anywhere near as good as the ones on sale a few years ago. Shame.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I was looking through the Lego.com website and the newer Architecture sets aren't anywhere near as good as the ones on sale a few years ago. Shame.:(

I agree. I nearly got a few for the sake of it but the only one I may get is the London Skyline. Because I like London and it might look cool with 10253, 10214 and a MOC National Gallery behind it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

I agree. I nearly got a few for the sake of it but the only one I may get is the London Skyline. Because I like London and it might look cool with 10253, 10214 and a MOC National Gallery behind it!

the london skyline is quite a nice set. Built it over christmas and theres some cool details in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

I have received my Assembly Square today. That's one big and heavy box alright. Beats any of my other LEGO sets which are mostly modulars and ships.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Just finished this. It's an absolutely epic build, definitely my favourite set so far. It's just so solid, with wonderful details throughout.

31599912323_1629c99b79_z.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Just finished this. It's an absolutely epic build, definitely my favourite set so far. It's just so solid, with wonderful details throughout.

More pics please!

Very nice! I have the HQ and an Ecto 1 in my attic waiting to be build but leaving it as a real treat sometime. Just don't have the time or space at the moment with a baby and toddler in the house

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Very nice! I have the HQ and an Ecto 1 in my attic waiting to be build but leaving it as a real treat sometime. Just don't have the time or space at the moment with a baby and toddler in the house

Is the attic spacious enough to convert it into a Lego room of sorts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I know that feeling. I received this for my birthday, the day before my son was born and I've an 18 month and three year old as well.

It's actually a fairly manageable build. Its divided amongst 14 lots of bags, with the longest taking just over an hour and the shortest 30 minutes. One thing I never saw in any review was that the building can break down into 7 large sections (connected together via jumper plates) if you need to store it. Mine is sitting on the bed in the spare room/man cave and will soon go into the attic along with the rest of the modular etc. as it becomes one of the kids rooms soon.

Is the attic spacious enough to convert it into a Lego room of sorts?

Yeah but that's a Project for post Toddlers etc... Roof needs work and other bits so all sets in boxes or bags for now. The missus has a million other priorities before that though. My plan though is as the kids grow up it will turn into the Lego room for us all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,091 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is it possible to put the kids in the attic?

I think I spent two weeks on building the firehouse. Took my time, a few pages per build session. One of the most enjoyable ones so far.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The Ghostbusters HQ looks fantastic - I'd love to have that and I also would like the modular Parisian Cafe but living in a 2 bed apartment I just don't have the space.:(

I've lots of Lego as it is and I'm in danger of becoming a Lego hoarder!:D:pac:

Nah, don't bother, they just gather dust :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I was up in the Banbridge Outlet last week.
    Lego have a shop unit with an exhibition in it. Unfortunately it was closed when I was there:(

I saw a 3 foot high Eiffel Tower and a big Taj Mahal....I was drooling:D

LEGO is just addictive. I found the very last First Order Battle Pack at the back of a shelf in Tesco today. Box was bashed up so I asked the girl at the self serve till if there were more in stock (knowing there wasn't). She called a lad, the manager, over and he proceeded to search. Came back with a "no joy" so I said shame, it's a gift. He checked the already discounted price of €5.25 (from €14.99) and said we can do it for €4 if that's OK. I gave a lukewarm "ok so" and grinned my way out of the store with my bargain :-)

On the non bargain side of things I really like the look of the UCS Slave 1 but I want the Death Star more (It's getting a bad rap but I dont have one already) I can wait for the DS to discount in Smyths or at least 2x VIP but do I run the risk of the Slave 1 retiring this year? Even the DS will have to wait as I want funds for this summer's UCS. Fingers crossed it's a MF but I'd chomp at the bit for a Star Destroyer (late to AFOL so missed everything). No real interest in the rumoured Snowspeeder. Lately I've been dreaming of a modular Cloud City or a UCS style Cloud City player like the DS.

I know the new trending play UCS sets are not to the purist tastes but I'd rather if paying that much that you get mini figs and functionality(The one exception being a MF) I let the UCS Tie Fighter slide and I think I'll get the Carbon Freezing Chamber for Boba Fett just in case I miss Slave 1.

Thoughts on Slave 1 and or DS?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Like yourself, I only got back into Lego recently so I missed all the UCS sets. I do have the Slave 1 and it is simply a fantastic build!

Couldn't recommend it enough, it was great to see it come together and it looks even better once it's on the shelf. It's also got a decent amount of playability although I wouldn't risk it.

The Death Star will be around for another few years so you'll have plenty of time to pick that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Looking at the trading thread, seems to be all smaller things, like minifigs. Anyone swap larger sets? Have one large-ish unopened train set (Heavy haul train, 60098) that I just don't have space for, where I love the Creator buildings, as I can build them, display them for a while, then disassemble them again.
    Would love to trade for the Parisian Restaurant, Brick Bank or Detective's Office if anyone's interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Star Lord wrote: »
    Looking at the trading thread, seems to be all smaller things, like minifigs. Anyone swap larger sets? Have one large-ish unopened train set (Heavy haul train, 60098) that I just don't have space for, where I love the Creator buildings, as I can build them, display them for a while, then disassemble them again.
    Would love to trade for the Parisian Restaurant, Brick Bank or Detective's Office if anyone's interested?

I don't have anything to trade with at the moment, but I too would be more interested in trading sets like this rather than minifigs :) will keep an eye on this more closely.

One of the guy in my job has an attic given over to a lego city. Railroads, buildings, ferris wheel.....you name it..hes got it!

Secretly wishing I had an attic :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

One of the guy in my job has an attic given over to a lego city. Railroads, buildings, ferris wheel.....you name it..hes got it!

The dream :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I've an attic but it has a wasp nest in it. Be careful what you wish for.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I've an attic but it has a wasp nest in it. Be careful what you wish for.

Give me your attic and you can keep the wasp nest:D

I dont want to be mean !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Give me your attic and you can keep the wasp nest:D

I dont want to be mean !

Package deal I'm afraid

Conchir wrote: »
    I don't have anything to trade with at the moment, but I too would be more interested in trading sets like this rather than minifigs :) will keep an eye on this more closely.

Aye will keep an eye too. Have the Restaurant but the train is not my kinda thing unfortunately. The Restaurant is over 2,400 pieces and I'm really resisting the urge to crack it open.

Are trades limited to new unopened sets?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

For me, no, so long as it's complete, I'd be happy out! It was a gift, and I really like it, but just don't have the space to set up the tracks. Had really been hoping for the Detective's Office, which I though just looked like a really fun set, and an interesting build, but did get a few other nice buildings and bits (Lighthouse Point/Corner Deli/Lakeside Lodge)
    If you good folks don't have any of the buildings to trade, might check if the person that bought it kept the receipt by any chance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Hi all !
    Just discovered this completely by accident !
    Since this is the random chat thread, I must say it's great having young boys, I got my 5 year old the Kylo Ren Shuttle (75104)
    He was too young to build it all by himself so I helped a lot (as in did most of it :) ) - but wow what fun!!!

Its a fantastic set too, you really can't go wrong with Lego.

Hi all !
    Just discovered this completely by accident !
    Since this is the random chat thread, I must say it's great having young boys, I got my 5 year old the Kylo Ren Shuttle (75104)
    He was too young to build it all by himself so I helped a lot (as in did most of it :) ) - but wow what fun!!!

Its a fantastic set too, you really can't go wrong with Lego.
    Wait till you start buying Lego just for yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Funnily enough I just found this thread too! Slightly addictive when you get back into it.... My bank account would agree!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Speaking of selling/trading larger ticket items, I'm considering moving on my sealed 21104 Curiosity Rover. I really like it, but at this stage its value outweighs my interest in the set, if that makes sense.

I'm considering putting it on eBay, but if anyone is interested feel free to PM me.

Advertisement