Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Free set in SuperValu with today's Independent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Ive never bought off bricklink before.
    If there's a seller, in China, no feedback, selling a set for half the price of the next nearest offer...not legit I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Jacovs wrote: »
    Ive never bought off bricklink before.
    If there's a seller, in China, no feedback, selling a set for half the price of the next nearest offer...not legit I assume?
    You'd assume correct for the most part, if it looks too good to be true.... It generally is!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

You are protected if you pay with paypal if you fancied taking a risk.

You are protected if you pay with paypal if you fancied taking a risk.

I suppose. But only noticed after they don't ship here. Least I know in future. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Greg81

I pulled the trigger and placed an order for 6 brick headz. Batman, Joker, Iron Man, Black Widow, Hulk and Captain America. Hope they will looks good as a display models.

Also Smyths got Jyn Erso 75119 for 12.99€

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Anyone know if there has been any winter village set announced for autumn 2017?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there has been any winter village set announced for autumn 2017?

Nope, don't think the leak/rumour mill has gotten as far as WV yet. I haven't gotten a set from the theme in two years (I own the first Toy Shop and the original Holiday Train, so passed on the last two) so I'm hoping for something fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Greg81 wrote: »
    I pulled the trigger and placed an order for 6 brick headz. Batman, Joker, Iron Man, Black Widow, Hulk and Captain America. Hope they will looks good as a display models.

Also Smyths got Jyn Erso 75119 for 12.99€

I'd be interested in your take on the Brickheadz. I watched the BrickVault live stream build of them and was tempted to pull the trigger but I fear if I do it may never end. So many possibilities for Brickheadz. Especially if they go into SW

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I'd be interested in your take on the Brickheadz. I watched the BrickVault live stream build of them and was tempted to pull the trigger but I fear if I do it may never end. So many possibilities for Brickheadz. Especially if they go into SW

Brickset did an 'anatomy of the Brickheadz' article a day or two ago outlining the basic skeleton and how they are put together. Makes MOC'ing them up pretty easy.

• Advertisement

http://www.adverts.ie/lego-building-toys/lego-lester-minifigure-london-leicester-square-exclusive-258-of-275-plus-extras-extremely-rare/12343984

Was going to pull the trigger, but noticed the 7euro postage. That puts it outside my limit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Jacovs wrote: »
    http://www.adverts.ie/lego-building-toys/lego-lester-minifigure-london-leicester-square-exclusive-258-of-275-plus-extras-extremely-rare/12343984

Was going to pull the trigger, but noticed the 7euro postage. That puts it outside my limit :pac:

Holy $hit! Totally right- that €7 is shocking 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Naid23 wrote: »
    Holy $hit! Totally right- that €7 is shocking 😂😂😂

Its rare....not 3000 plus euro rare tho. Plus they do still give out the passports and possibly stickers too. Anyone have one of these figs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I see one sold on Bricklink for €1600, you'd want to be bonkers to spend that money on a single figure.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

madalig12 wrote: »
    Its rare....not 3000 plus euro rare tho. Plus they do still give out the passports and possibly stickers too. Anyone have one of these figs?

I have a couple of the passports and went a week or so after opening. So grabbed a few for the kids.

That figure is cool but you could prob buy most of the sets currently available for over 3k

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

NY Toy Fair started yesterday, and with that new pics of the summer 2017 sets are out. Pretty good stuff. The POTC ship and Spiderman homecoming sets are impressive.

So, my budget for the year is 500 Euro and I have a decision to make.....

Should I buy the:

Death Star

OR

UCS Snowspeeder ( pics available!)
    The Rathtar escape
    Scout Biker Constraction
    Vader's transformation
    A wing
    Y wing
    Bounty Hunter battle pack

Should I buy the:

Death Star

OR

The Rathtar escape
    Scout Biker Constraction
    Vader's transformation
    A wing
    Y wing

I'd vote for the latter with some substitutions. The A-Wing is fine if ordinary but Lando is the real pull there, same with the Rathtar Escape and the Guavian mercenaries. That's just my take.

The Bounty Hunter Pack looks amazing, the Y-Wing is a solid build (just made it) and the Scout Biker set is incredible, can't wait for that. They get my vote. Can't speak about the Snowspeeder UCS or Vaders Transformation as neither of them appeal to me all that much.

Rhyme wrote: »

I'd vote for the latter with some substitutions. The A-Wing is fine if ordinary but Lando is the real pull there, same with the Rathtar Escape and the Guavian mercenaries. That's just my take.

The Bounty Hunter Pack looks amazing, the Y-Wing is a solid build (just made it) and the Scout Biker set is incredible, can't wait for that. They get my vote. Can't speak about the Snowspeeder UCS or Vaders Transformation as neither of them appeal to me all that much.

A spanner in the works: I've just seen a Bespin Lando pic. The minifigure is among a Vader and a bespin guard.

Cloud City?!?!

A spanner in the works: I've just seen a Bespin Lando pic. The minifigure is among a Vader and a bespin guard.

Cloud City?!?!

That's a whole toolbox in the works.

They're going on about it on /r/lego at the moment with cm4sci apparently confirming it and people mentioning a Cloud City set like the recent Hoth UCS playset.

I'd buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

I'd buy a Cloud City set in a heartbeat.

• Advertisement

Finally broke and ordered the Krennic's Shuttle set this morning. Love the design of it (not so much the minifigures but I can sell them when it arrives barring Krennic himself).

Anyone else here have it? Build satisfaction and quality good?

I just hope I don't regret not getting the death star..... it'll probably retail for another 5 years though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

NY Toy Fair started yesterday, and with that new pics of the summer 2017 sets are out. Pretty good stuff. The POTC ship and Spiderman homecoming sets are impressive.

Should I buy the:

Death Star

OR

The Rathtar escape
    Scout Biker Constraction
    Vader's transformation
    A wing
    Y wing

If smiths stock the snowspeeder wait for them to have a sale and get the deathstar and snowspeeder for 560.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Finally broke and ordered the Krennic's Shuttle set this morning. Love the design of it (not so much the minifigures but I can sell them when it arrives barring Krennic himself).

Anyone else here have it? Build satisfaction and quality good?
    Yeah I have that set! Really really like it, one of my favorite looking star wars sets!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

So any of the NY fair presented summer sets take your fancy? Thoughts?

I have all the FA sets so far (except the orange x wing, preferred the blue one) but I don't see the point in the Quad Jumper. I'll wait for it to drop to half price if it does like the snowspeeder (an equally pointless vehicle for FA) I had no intention of getting that but at half price why not.

I have no interest in the buildable figs so my pic from just pics are Vaders transformation and maaaaybe the Republic tank. Prob the battlepacks too but I'll hold off for a deal on those. The Rathhar Escape looks a mess but I'll wait to see reviews.

An underwhelming wave is good. I can pick up the RO sets on my wishlist or keep holding off with fingers crossed on the next UCS reveal. If nothing materialises I'll cross my fingers that Smyth's discount the Death Star at some point. Right now my wallet is still relatively safe to last until Black Friday. Or Sept 1 at least

I'm waiting to hear confirmation of the bespin set rumours! Other than that, absolutely none of the sets, bar maybe the arrowhead from freemaker line!
    In fact very little appeals to me from any of the lines announced!

Irishbrick wrote: »
    I'm waiting to hear confirmation of the bespin set rumours! Other than that, absolutely none of the sets, bar maybe the arrowhead from freemaker line!
    In fact very little appeals to me from any of the lines announced!

Bespin would be so amazing. I can't really picture what it will look like if it's made, but I'm actually glad that I bought the carbon freezing chamber now. It's a weak set on its own.

I have the Krennics shuttle Rhyme, it's fantastic but I hate how ball joints were used on the wings and how the interior is pretty ugly.

I have the Krennics shuttle Rhyme, it's fantastic but I hate how ball joints were used on the wings and how the interior is pretty ugly.

Yeah, I was surprised to see those in the photos. I presume that there is additional reinforcement to keep it to hinged movement rather than free movement?

The interior is odd alright but I suppose it's limited space, not a huge amount to work with. Krennic's little throne is nice though as well as the steps leading up to it. My bug bear is the visible blue axle pins, might have to trade them out for black ones to keep the look.

Looking forward to getting my hands on the Krennic minifigure. His face is perfect. The others are fine, no big deal, Krennic is the real pull.

Yeah, I was surprised to see those in the photos. I presume that there is additional reinforcement to keep it to hinged movement rather than free movement?

The interior is odd alright but I suppose it's limited space, not a huge amount to work with. Krennic's little throne is nice though as well as the steps leading up to it. My bug bear is the visible blue axle pins, might have to trade them out for black ones to keep the look.

Looking forward to getting my hands on the Krennic minifigure. His face is perfect. The others are fine, no big deal, Krennic is the real pull.

There's two technic L bars at either side which add support but the ball joints make it difficult to get the wings symmetrical when they are folded up. I much prefer the "clicking" hinges on the Tydirium's wings.

If you ask me K2SO is a really solid figure, those prints on the arm pegs are superb. Pao's facial expression is funny but he was such a minor character he basically doesn't matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Are the Cloud City rumours coming from this thread on Reddit? If so I wouldn't pin your hopes on it happening, it looks super fake.

Advertisement