Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

There's two technic L bars at either side which add support but the ball joints make it difficult to get the wings symmetrical when they are folded up. I much prefer the "clicking" hinges on the Tydirium's wings.

If you ask me K2SO is a really solid figure, those prints on the arm pegs are superb. Pao's facial expression is funny but he was such a minor character he basically doesn't matter.

Really liked those clicking hinges, the amount of reinforcement the Tydirium got all along those two 'spines' under the wings meant that they'd stay still no matter what. Even the slotting hinges like the legs on the AT-AT would have been good. I'll see how it lines up when I make it (should arrive next week). Can't wait.

True, even with such limited space, they've managed to make the mini figure of K2SO resemble the real thing. I've the Buildable Figure on a shelf so I won't miss him too much but it's good to know Lego are willing to make unique parts that fit with a Lego aesthetic as well as match what the mini figure is based on.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

I don't like being the person who spreads all the rumors on this thread, but I think that a UCS Millennium Falcon is a strong possibility this year.

Why? On the new death star there's a very prominent silhouette of the ship. On the Rathtar set you can see what appears to be a brick-built falcon on the right of the box.

As well as those things, star Wars fandom is at an all-time high and this is the 40th anniversary of a New Hope. Thoughts and ideas about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Two pretty reliable ITKs have said that it's happening - there seems to be a lot more substance to these rumours than previous years'. I think it's happening, and it will fill the Autumn UCS slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

My 11 year old got the technic Crawler Crane for Christmas. The sad news is he didn't want to make it. Still loves Star Wars Lego he says, but technic not for him. Disappointing but never mind.

The great news is I got to make it instead, so spent majority of this afternoon assembling it! Delighted with it, love the battery functions on it too, does so many different things. Have to find somewhere to put it now, it's a big beast isn't it!

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Out just in time for my birthday, I guess I'll have to treat myself

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

So, just got a call from address pal. Looking to charge me €25 for an oversized parcel that's 2 foot by 2 foot long.
    It's a loose brick bounty set, the seller shipped it built!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    So, just got a call from address pal. Looking Tom barge me €25 for an oversized parcel that's 2 foot by 2 foot long.

Dont know whether to laugh or cry

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

So, just got a call from address pal. Looking to charge me €25 for an oversized parcel that's 2 foot by 2 foot long.

Who does that?! Not only does it add to the cost of shipping for them and you but I assume you want to build it yourself anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Sorry, I had to laugh. That's bizarre :P

• Advertisement

I know, it makes no sense at all! I dunno even know how'd to go about looking for a refund. The seller basically told me to piss off and in fairness if he wants to send it built and over pay for postage he's entitled to.
    I never told him not to send it via coffin because of address pal's over sized policy. It never occurred to me. I never thought I would need to with Lego.
    It's like buying a kitchen cabinet and being sent a few trees. Actually no, it's like buying timber and being sent a kitchen cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Collected this today. It was in a box that could fit in at least two Death Star boxes and to fix the mast in, cut a hole in top of the box and taped on a lion bar Easter egg box.
    The reason why for this become apparent when I opened the boxes.
    The set was glued together.
    Also it's the wrong set. It's brickbeards bounty not brickbounty.
    Has to be the worse seller Ive encountered on eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭ondafly

file a paypal complaint pronto and send that back. put it in a bigger box too and add those charges to the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Collected this today. It was in a box that could fit in at least two Death Star boxes and to fix the mast in, cut a hole in top of the box and taped on a lion bar Easter egg box.
    The reason why for this become apparent when I opened the boxes.
    The set was glued together.
    Also it's the wrong set. It's brickbeards bounty not brickbounty.
    Has to be the worse seller Ive encountered on eBay.

Im sorry but this is too funny. Please post pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

You've got to be joking right...... Right?

Unfortunately not.
    Postguy in depot, when I told him what it was, said,'at least you won't have to build it'.
    If he only knew how accurate he was in his throwaway comment.

I've messaged the seller. Waiting for response before I proceed with any claim. I'm still down the address pal charge though
    So it has cost me €25 to receive a glued set and return it.

madalig12 wrote: »
    Im sorry but this is too funny. Please post pics!

Ive pics of the box it came in but that's about it.

That's just sh*te, ill admit, I was quite jealous of that haul.... As it was advertised ..... Let us know what seller comes back with!

Irishbrick wrote: »
    That's just sh*te, ill admit, I was quite jealous of that haul.... As it was advertised ..... Let us know what seller comes back with!

This was just one set from eBay. Wasn't even a great price. €55 posted.
    Think you might be mistaken.

• Advertisement

Think you might be right, completely misread your first post and somehow decided you had picked up the queen Anne revenge ship for pittance

Irishbrick wrote: »
    Think you might be right, completely misread your first post and somehow decided you had picked up the queen Anne revenge ship for pittance

I did get that ship and the black pearl for a great price recently. Both missing sails though.

Here's the box. It's a completely ludicrous situation.

That explains it so!
    Lovely set the Queen Anne!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

This is crazy, so many things went wrong here haha.

This is crazy, so many things went wrong here haha.

Just learned, there was a bomb threat in the portlaoise sorting office the day before they received my oversized package.
    Probably put the ****s up them and then it turns out to be a glued lego pirate ship :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,205 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Mini Beetle as the free gift this month:

https://shop.lego.com/en-IE/vw-mini-beetle?icmp=SHBanner_EU_MiniBeetleGwP

I have the large one and would love one of these but I can't afford anything I want from the site at the moment and the mini-set is going for over £20 on ebay :(

If anyone's picking up something this month and would pass on the freebie for the price of a couple of pints, let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Sleepy wrote: »
    If anyone's picking up something this month and would pass on the freebie for the price of a couple of pints, let me know!

We talking a few pints down the country or in temple bar cause if it's the latter, it'd be cheaper getting it on eBay :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The set was glued together...

lord-business-and-the-kragle.jpg

• Advertisement

Got full refund (minus the address pal fee) no quibbles today. Apparently he was selling it for a friend and he wasn't aware it was glued.
    I'd say it's the truth.
    Get to keep the set.

Advertisement