Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

The Porsche 911 GT3 RS

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Wedgie

The Porsche 911 GT3 RS

It looks stunning, but far outside of my budget!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Wedgie wrote: »
    All of the above!

We have lots of superhero sets, Lego Friends sets, and lots of classic(?) Lego in the house.

So, I guess that I'll be looking for something for me, whether it be another Technics model or just another nice set. Actually, maybe something challenging!

If I could afford it, I'd buy the Shield Helicarrier for me and the two boys!

what about new ninjago movie - ninjadgo city? think it's about €300 but looks like an incredible build

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Wedgie

what about new ninjago movie - ninjadgo city? think it's about €300 but looks like an incredible build

Although the two boys would love it, I'd have no interest in Ninjago.

No rush, I'll find something in due course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

The new trailer is out for Lego ninjago movie. from the two trailers that are out film looks great. Some of the Ninjago build are excellent. Done this one over Christams with the kids. Looks great. https://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Temple-of-Airjitzu-70751

• Advertisement

So anyone tracking the various boards chatter
    Apparently the new winter village train station is to be revealed this week.
    2 teasers so far from LEGO on the BIG BIG reveal for Sept 1. I wonder what that will be?!! Should be available to VIP on Sept 14

DGtYa4sVYAAZJAm.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

So anyone tracking the various boards chatter
    Apparently the new winter village train station is to be revealed this week.
    2 teasers so far from LEGO on the BIG BIG reveal for Sept 1. I wonder what that will be?!! Should be available to VIP on Sept 14

Ah come on, I'm now going to need a separate table just for the instructions...
    The table I usually use to build wouldn't even fit those instructions.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

With an instruction book that large it is either one piece being added per page, an unfeasibly large set that has so many pieces that nobody can actually afford it, or the instructions are actually lots of details about the real thing of whatever is being built.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

robinph wrote: »
    With an instruction book that large it is either one piece being added per page, an unfeasibly large set that has so many pieces that nobody can actually afford it, or the instructions are actually lots of details about the real thing of whatever is being built.

I know this was tongue in cheek, but it's honestly not that far from reality. The instruction books have gotten a bit silly in terms of how few changes happen per page. Looking at an instruction book from say the 1980s and a modern one, they're like completely different products. Now I'm not saying the older ones were perfect (sometimes it was really difficult to distinguish colours or very easy to miss small bricks), but I think Lego have probably gone too far in the direction of hand-holding.

I wonder will it have the little grey levers that cost €3 each from unofficial sellers or the grey rugging thats around €400 each!

I'm 90% of the way to building 10179. Bad timing on my part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Seems to be all but confirmed that it's a re-release (or remake) of the UCS Millenium Falcon. So, the latter :pac: There's talk of a €700 price tag.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Seems to be all but confirmed that it's a re-release (or remake) of the UCS Millenium Falcon. So, the latter :pac: There's talk of a €700 price tag.
    I've not yet managed to convince my credit card to buy me the Death Star, can't have another monster set I "need" already.

There is a new LEGO version of Strictly Bake Off Get Me Out Of Here Factor on C4 this week:

https://brickset.com/article/30109/[uk]-lego-masters-on-channel-4-this-week

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Rumored Winter Village set...

https://i.redd.it/02ano9n249hz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

lego leaks on reddit has a few premlim pics showing the coming winter/april wave.

Star wars specifically, new Yoda's hut on dagobah and couple of new battle packs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Does anyone have a list of the largest sets that Lego have ever released? Any lists I've found online have all been a few years out of date

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

This is Brickset's list of all 10725 "normal" sets on their database, organised by number of pieces. Top of the pile is the mysterious upcoming Star Wars UCS set, with 7541.

https://brickset.com/sets/category-Normal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I'd no idea that those Mosaic sets had that many pieces... 4502!!!

Most of the pieces wouldn't be used in the mosaic though, they just give you loads of 1x1 tiles in each colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Most of the pieces wouldn't be used in the mosaic though, they just give you loads of 1x1 tiles in each colour.

Thats it exactly. We got it for my boyfriends daughter as her communion present and i'd say if half the pieces were used, that would be the most. Looks cool though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Yeah it's 48*48, so 2,304 pieces used. They give you 500 of each of the five colours plus base plus that orange brick tool yoke. Some colours you might use most of, others not, depending on the pic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

g0g wrote: »
    Yeah it's 48*48, so 2,304 pieces used. They give you 500 of each of the five colours plus base plus that orange brick tool yoke. Some colours you might use most of, others not, depending on the pic
    500 x 5 is only 2500 pieces. Brickset indicates it's 900 of each.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

500 x 5 is only 2500 pieces. Brickset indicates it's 900 of each.
    Oh yeah sorry must have my number wrong. Defo five equal sized bags so must be 900 then I guess

g0g wrote: »

That's far less sophisticated than I thought. I assumed they allocated the colours when the photo was taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

That's far less sophisticated than I thought. I assumed they allocated the colours when the photo was taken.

Its a pre-made boxed set. Only the pic is unique for each person

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Marked as an official leak over in Reddit, detailing looks high so probably not a fake
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rkjchj07ezt6yw/bz4ty28jbhhz.jpg

CSSE09 wrote: »
    Marked as an official leak over in Reddit, detailing looks high so probably not a fake
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rkjchj07ezt6yw/bz4ty28jbhhz.jpg

Lego issued a take down notice, so chance of it being legit just shot up. Looks great overall, just not sure about the overly smooth sections behind the cockpit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Lego issued a take down notice, so chance of it being legit just shot up. Looks great overall, just not sure about the overly smooth sections behind the cockpit.

The corner piece where it turns to the cockpit looks rough aswell, not sure if they could have done it any better.
    Will be interested in seeing the list of minifigs, rumours are suggesting 2 sets of minifigs to go along with the 2 different dish designs so the MF can be in either of the 2 trilogies.
    We'll know it all soon enough anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Hi, can anyone tell me the original price of the Ewok village retired last year in smyths or elsewhere?
    Thinking of doing a bit of digging around for one.

• Advertisement

Having watched all Jangs reviews of the Last Jedi sets.

Think I'll pick up Kylos Tie, the Bomber, The heavy walker (only cause I don't have an AT AT) and maybe the small one with Rose and Finn. All when they discount a bit as rrps are a joke

Pass on the destroyer, the 8 legged yolk and BB8 (only cause the kids will destroy it)

I don't have a destroyer either but given the chances of a UCS one next year, I'll hold out.

Advertisement