Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Hi, can anyone tell me the original price of the Ewok village retired last year in smyths or elsewhere?
    Thinking of doing a bit of digging around for one.

I think it was €229.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Hi, can anyone tell me the original price of the Ewok village retired last year in smyths or elsewhere?
    Thinking of doing a bit of digging around for one.
    €249.99 - https://www.brickcat.com/set-10236/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Ziycon wrote: »

Thank you, there was a guy there on donedeal selling one for 280 new, but has since been taken down. I was gonna go for it but might go down the eBay route instead. Thought 280 was a fair price considering it's retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I have two used Ewok villages for sale on adverts, there is another seller with a new set up for around the same price as you mention for the donedeal one.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Anyone see that The LEGO group (aka Disney) threatened legal action against the bigger Youtubers if they didn't take down images and reviews of Star Wars TLG sets? Seems a bit extreme don't you think?

In other SW news, see the latest tease from TLG?https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/902561626481709057

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Supposed picture of the UCS MF box is just up on reddit. Again, looks fairly legit.

I'm guessing that's (part of?) the selection for the OT Falcon. Other side of box could feature rectangular antennae with new characters?!?!

I'm guessing that's (part of?) the selection for the OT Falcon. Other side of box could feature rectangular antennae with new characters?!?!
    That would be very cool. But no R2D2. Hmm unless the other side mixes figs from TFA and TLJ. So Finn, Rey, BB8, old Han like 75105 plus R2D2 and Luke for TLJ.. one can only hope they really go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,205 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Do people really care that much about the minifigs with UCS sets? They're display pieces first and foremost, no?

Got the London Skyline architecture set for my birthday from the kids. A really nice little build!

• Advertisement

Sleepy wrote: »
    Do people really care that much about the minifigs with UCS sets? They're display pieces first and foremost, no?

Got the London Skyline architecture set for my birthday from the kids. A really nice little build!

Some collectors would be hoping for a rare/new character such as maybe Nien Nunb. It's an area of Lego I've no interest in. I'm guessing it's also a value thing for a lot of people. If you're being bent over to the tune of 800 euro/dollars, you'd like to think that you're getting an appropriate over the top number of minifigs.

• Moderators Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭Spocker

If you're being bent over to the tune of 800 euro/dollars, you'd like to think that you're getting an appropriate over the top number of minifigs.

This is true - Ninjago City is €300 and has 16 minifigs: https://shop.lego.com/en-IE/NINJAGO-City-70620

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

The UCS MF is a collectors dream, but the set is €800?!? I was under the impression that it was €700/$800. If it's €800 I'm just not going to be able to get this sucker.

On another note, my 2016 DEATH STAR is for sale on Adverts. Will let it go for €300.

The UCS MF is a collectors dream, but the set is €800?!? I was under the impression that it was €700/$800. If it's €800 I'm just not going to be able to get this sucker.

On another note, my 2016 DEATH STAR is for sale on Adverts. Will let it go for €300.

Does it include all MFs and utensils (basically all the parts) and what kind of condition has it been in/stored in the last year? Do you have the original box? I'm tentatively interested

wcVnQGa.jpg

Drools

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Very nice, but I think I'll just have to be happy with my existing middling sized MF.

There are defiantly some other minifigs on there though as I can see a C3PO and someone running away from spaceslug stomach bats next to a younger Han.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Have been following the news, releases, leaks etc from this new set and I'm very impressed with the finished product. Have absolutely no interest in buying it (happy with my midi 7778) but getting very amped up about build quality, box art etc.

Also, and quite meanly, I'd be very happy if this guts the value of the older UCS Falcon. For me, Lego is a hobby to be enjoyed, build, display, enjoy, pack away and build again. To see it being hoarded and sold at a ridiculous profit, traded like stock and queried "is this set likely to increase in value?", it's frustrating.

I suspect it's something I'd really enjoy building but I've no idea where I'd put the completed model and the price tag is eye-watering...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Fantastic, looks like 2 different sets of figs to match the different radar dish for the different era's. Also a limited interior which is a huge plus. Cant really make out the mynock build that well.

Do you think Smyths will get this eventually ? Would love to get the wheelie packaging aswell.

Rhyme wrote: »
    Also, and quite meanly, I'd be very happy if this guts the value of the older UCS Falcon. For me, Lego is a hobby to be enjoyed, build, display, enjoy, pack away and build again. To see it being hoarded and sold at a ridiculous profit, traded like stock and queried "is this set likely to increase in value?", it's frustrating.

That's always irritated me as well. I don't mind people picking up the odd set for trading/selling, but those fukers who hoover up clearance sections etc piss me off. Brickpickers is just pathetic as well. Don't be putting that effort into toys lads. It's a bad idea. I also suspect lego is almost targeting these guys as well. If I was into conspiracy theories I'd say they've re-released the rigging in grey, dish etc. to feck these people over. The rigging never really worked for me in the original and I've seen much better solutions on MOCs. It's as if they wanted to sink the massive value of the piece.

I always regret missing out on the original. I was just coming out of my dark ages as it was disappearing. Lego also hadn't conditioned me to spend more than a hundred euro on a set for a good while after. Im (thankfully) still no where close to 800 euro though. If I'm getting the MF this time, it'll mean sacrificing stuff. I have to get "credit" to justify it. The Switch and xbox one I never use will have to go for a start.

I wonder how much they'll push the rumoured ISD for. Lego have been pushing pricing boundaries this past 24 months. I wonder can they establish these new super tranches in pricing. Could the publicity blow up in their face here? I really can't call it.

• Advertisement

I too was late coming out of the dark ages. Thought I'd missed the boat with 10179. Have 75105 on my bedside locker and it's fun to play with. But having a UCS with 7500 pieces and can recreate scenes from ESB and TFA, both of which I love.... drool is the right word. I don't care what it costs. I'm in.

My 3 year old daughter loves to play with the 75105. It was careful play. Me fixing it as she broke bits off. She like's to leave my keys in it with the darth vader key ring to chase BB8. I thought about parting it out and keeping the minifigs if this UCS didn't have them but we'll, now 75105 will be hers as they are bringing out a Daddy version. Stoked about this and cannot wait to get my hands on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

That's always irritated me as well. I don't mind people picking up the odd set for trading/selling, but those fukers who hoover up clearance sections etc piss me off. Brickpickers is just pathetic as well. Don't be putting that effort into toys lads. It's a bad idea. I also suspect lego is almost targeting these guys as well. If I was into conspiracy theories I'd say they've re-released the rigging in grey, dish etc. to feck these people over. The rigging never really worked for me in the original and I've seen much better solutions on MOCs. It's as if they wanted to sink the massive value of the piece.

I first hit that road block when I found a set I liked but as it was retired, it's price had skyrocketed. Found the instructions and parts list online, ordered the bits and made the set. I get my fun without filling the pockets of gougers.

Similar vein with the San Diego Comic Con sets, extremely limited run and most of the buyers selling them for silly prices. Ended up parting the lot of them out, enjoying them and now selling the ones I don't like on Adverts. I remember talking about this to a seller at another Comic-Con and they got extremely irate, telling me that I was destroying the 'spirit' of Lego. I asked how much was he selling his ones for (took a stab in the dark that he was selling) and was met with astronomical prices on eBay that nobody could afford.

That happened me with the original Beetle set (10187-1) but I got 10252-1 when it came out last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

£650 in UK but €800 here, given current FX rates you could buy online in UK for €700.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

£650 in UK but €800 here, given current FX rates you could buy online in UK for €700.

Can you buy from LEGO online UK from here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Not sure but could buy elsewhere like ebay or online retailer.

Not sure but could buy elsewhere like ebay or online retailer.

Hell no. If not official LEGO shop I'm not taking the risk of individual reseller scum. I'll happily shell out €80 more for free shipping, VIP points (€40 back negating UK diff almost) and arriving in pristine box. Any crinkle in it and it goes back to LEGO for a replacement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Not unless you try parcel motel, however, I seem to remember them cancelling orders to PM in the past.

Although at that level of a price difference it would be worth driving up the north to buy this when the Euro is a parity with the Pound.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Advertisement