Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Hell no. If not official LEGO shop I'm not taking the risk of individual reseller scum. I'll happily shell out €80 more for free shipping, VIP points (€40 back negating UK diff almost) and arriving in pristine box. Any crinkle in it and it goes back to LEGO for a replacement

Drive up north then, pick it off a shelf in smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Drive up north then, pick it off a shelf in smyths

Not a bad idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Anyone interested in the Wayne Manor coming out? Pretty much confirmed but no details yet except its 3,000 pieces and based on the batman movie.

I'm hoping for something similar to the haunted house.

Beween this, the UCS falcon, Ninjago City, fisherman's hut etc. they're really killing it these days, too much amazing LEGO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

It won't be available in standard toy shops though? Only official Lego stores and the online Lego store.

Also you could order from the UK store and use addresspal and pay the €25 fee for over sized packages and it'll still work out cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 28,022 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It won't be available in standard toy shops though? Only official Lego stores and the online Lego store.

Also you could order from the UK store and use addresspal and pay the €25 fee for over sized packages and it'll still work out cheaper

Will Amazon not have it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Just watching the designer video, calling it a 2in1 model is a bit rich, stickers aren't great on a €800 set but there doesn't seem to be too many, but I'm so buying it.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Ordered the Old Fishing Store, which went up on the store this morning. The more I think of the MF, the more inclined I'm not to buy it. I don't have the space, the last time I bought anything from the theme was the UCS AT-ST and I don't fancy getting the bug to buy more. Most of all the cost.

Pulled the trigger on the Slave 1 for 3x VIP since none of the deals were interesting. Was watching the very scene in ESB as I ordered so you could call it an impulse buy :-). Still another €30 off the Falcon

I though I read somewhere that the UCS tie fighter was supposed to be discounted. Maybe I was wrong? Since FF is running for 3 days will it be different deals each day or is today it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've not seen anything about different deals for each day, other than there being three different posters.

Finally went and hit the buy button on the Death Star and am trying to figure out the best way to explain the purchase away with something like I got 25% off due to the combination of points spent and points earned... and the kid really doesn't need to eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Where do ye find the best places to pick up the best deals etc are? Just starting to get back into Lego, not too sure where to start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

FYI there's 7% cashback from Top Cash Back for lego.com

Might take the sting out of it (a bit) for some people!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Amazon often have decent discounts on Lego.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ordered the Old Fishing Store, which went up on the store this morning.

Thanks for that! Been waiting to get that one, wife isn't so happy, but really wanted it since they first announced it!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,022 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Star Lord wrote: »
    Thanks for that! Been waiting to get that one, wife isn't so happy, but really wanted it since they first announced it!

Ask her how much she's spent on make up and clothes since the last time you bought a Lego. I'd bet hers is higher :pac:

Edit: Also when she kills you can I have your Lego? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

My other half doesn't care as long as it's not a dull gray set like a lot of the Star Wars sets. Looks like the millennium falcon is out but fishing store and ninjago city, no worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,560 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Decided to bricklink the Winter Village before Christmas. Amazon still had a few of last years ones and I had over 90% of the bricks for the first two myself. As they get newer they have rarer parts though; and I'm wiped out of white plates already

Now to figure out where I can display it...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,560 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Really should have done a little more research before placing the first BL order

Winter Village Bakery uses two of these: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=41539#T=C in transperant medium blue. These are very pricey new and not so pricey used. 23 quid for two new!

Just finished building the GBHQ 75827 and Ecto 1 21108. Awesome builds. Zero scrimping on the detail. Well worth the €€€

At 4,700+ pieces it was a long but fun build. Nothing complex. It's a dense iconic building. It's big on 1.5 baseplates and puts in perspective the size of some of these Youtuber LEGO cities.

Also sort of puts in perspective what 7,541 pieces might feel like!

At the die cast and diaorama model show in Limerick today. Obviously went to see the LEGO. That Irish Mum and Son team from Channel 4 LEGO masters were there along with Brick.ie

Some cool stuff on display.

And some more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

And some more

The Dublin busses in particular look great!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

At the die cast and diaorama model show in Limerick today. Obviously went to see the LEGO. That Irish Mum and Son team from Channel 4 LEGO masters were there along with Brick.ie

Some cool stuff on display.

That's Jessica and her son Faolon, she really is a talented builder. She puts the rest of us to shame. Be sure to check out www.brick.ie for more pics as well as the Brick.ie Facebook page.

Oh and FYI, the Nenagh Castle MOC is mine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

That's Jessica and her son Faolon, she really is a talented builder. She puts the rest of us to shame. Be sure to check out www.brick.ie for more pics as well as the Brick.ie Facebook page.

I was thinking it looked familiar! Really nice job

Nice use of round 1x1 bricks! Was just missing Rapunzel :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

The Dublin busses are great is there any chance of getting instructions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Has anyone successfully ordered from the UK online shop?

Seem to remember seeing a poster say they cancelled orders to a parcel motel address

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I tried once and it was cancelled.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Got an email today with the latest Christmas offering...a train station!

I'm mixed on whether it's worth getting.

• Moderators Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭Spocker

Got an email today with the latest Christmas offering...a train station!

I'm mixed on whether it's worth getting.

Only really works if you put it with 10254-1: Winter Holiday Train

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭displaced dub

Have the UCS falcon on the way since Monday but I have no idea when it’ll arrive as lego and tracking packages is a joke.

Might use VIP points for Saturn 5 as a Christmas present to me from her which i will buy and she will wrap!

I display most things i build in my home office but I’m running out of space the ghostbuster HQ will have to move to fit the UCS falcon!

My son has moved on now also and he’s got a treasure trove of Star Wars sets in his room, Death Star and Ewok village to mention 2.

Ewok village is a great set

Advertisement