Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Spocker wrote: »
    Only really works if you put it with 10254-1: Winter Holiday Train

I have the train but still don't think much of the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

Hi everyone, trying to buy the UCS Millennium Falcon and I'm selling a few things to fund it. Thanks ðŸ˜႒

Selling:
    First Order Transporter: €70 (manual, no box)
    First Order Snowspeeder: €25 (home printed manual, no box)

cmf's Series One Full Set: €200
    Red 16 Minifig display case: €20

Heroes of Justice sky high battle
    Arctic batman vs Mr freeze
    Batwing battle over Gotham city
    Catwoman city cycle chase
    ALL Batman sets FOR €100

• Registered Users Posts: 24,205 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Picked up 40220 in Hamleys at the weekend to set off my London Skyline Architecture set... it doesn't scale at all but they look good beside each other on the shelf...428845.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,205 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Just put in my first Bricklink order for some missing pieces from an incomplete Ferrari 430 Spider (8671-1) set my Dad found in a charity shop for our eldest lad.

I don't know that I'd have bought it at retail as it uses way too many stickers for my liking. The sticker sheet is going for over €20 on Bricklink so might have to find some replicas and customise them so that they don't need to come off when disasembling the kit. Have fired off an email to Lego on the off-chance that they still have some knocking around but wouldn't be hopeful!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,560 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Strangely I got that same set in a charity shop when it was nearly new; open box closed polybags!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

Hi everyone, maybe you can help me out. Looking for these pieces:

1X1 Grey Brick with stud on side,( no lip or hole in back) X2
    Large Flame piece
    Instruction manuals from Spiderman Daily Bugle set

Will pay a reasonable price/trade some stuff. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What theme is this minifig from please?

9TLfwgm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Thargor wrote: »
    What theme is this minifig from please?

That's a Fire Ninja, from Ninjago no idea what set its from. I think.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

What I always found strange was that Lego say they won't make army themed sets (as far as I know) yet they have in past done World War 1 planes. The Sopwith Camel is probably my favourite set ever and they also did the Red Baron's triplane

Won't happen but I'd absolutely LOVE to see a tiger tank or spitfire. Cobi have a decent looking Tiger Tank, as do Kazi

I could see a tiger tank creating a similar buzz to the Saturn V. Wishful thinking? Or with the passage of time could it happen?

brick.ie will have a stand at the MRSI show in Blacrock this weekend

Note to anyone who exhibits - don't decide you dislike a model a day before setup and rip the front off...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Fanny **** wrote: »
    I could see a tiger tank creating a similar buzz to the Saturn V. Wishful thinking? Or with the passage of time could it happen?

Lego have said themselves that they will not pursue sets depicting modern warfare. How they define 'modern' is another matter.

I don't think any tanks or realistic fighter jets will be made but fantasy products and MOCs are another matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

L1011 wrote: »
    brick.ie will have a stand at the MRSI show in Blacrock this weekend

Note to anyone who exhibits - don't decide you dislike a model a day before setup and rip the front off...
    Have you done exactly that?

Irishbrick wrote: »
    Have you done exactly that?

Yes. Its rebuilt, rather differently and its in place on the display for tomorrow morning.

I still build like a kid (on the floor) so I'm now rather cramped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Taj Mahal is coming back!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

madalig12 wrote: »
    Taj Mahal is coming back!
    Not that I care too much for this set, but it's after getting me very excited at the thoughts of a re release of one for the original three modular builds!

Moulds are gone and never coming back for essential parts of the first 2, less so the third but there may be some.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

No extra VIP points on offer today, but you can get three freebies from Lego for one day only.
    The VIP mini shop thing, the christmas 24 in 1 set and a juniors car.

Gave in and spent my points that I got from getting the Death Star to pick up some more bits today. Really going to have to build some more of this Lego at some point as I've got quite a backlog now

Women Of NASA released today

I don't think a set has ever interested me less (and I'm usually a fan of the Ideas sets)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Is it worth keeping boxes from sets? I have some sets... UCS, modulars etc.. all opened and built. I *might* sell them at some stage, very doubtful tho. After bog and bags are open, I assume having the box is no benefit when selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

mloc123 wrote: »
    Is it worth keeping boxes from sets? I have some sets... UCS, modulars etc.. all opened and built. I *might* sell them at some stage, very doubtful tho. After bog and bags are open, I assume having the box is no benefit when selling?

Even opened, boxes add a huge amount to prices when selling on. Definitely keep them if you have the space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Hi Guys,

Said I'd give people on here first refusal before i try sell it on :D:D

I have a Christmas train that I am looking to sell to cover the cost of the new Christmas train station. Bought 2 trains last year with the intention of joining them together but have decided to just use one this year.

Its brand new in the box and willing to sell for 80 Euro. Currently 95e on the site.
    If anyone is interested, please send me a PM.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Naid23 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Said I'd give people on here first refusal before i try sell it on :D:D

I have a Christmas train that I am looking to sell to cover the cost of the new Christmas train station. Bought 2 trains last year with the intention of joining them together but have decided to just use one this year.

Its brand new in the box and willing to sell for 80 Euro. Currently 95e on the site.
    If anyone is interested, please send me a PM.

thanks

I am up for that PM sent :D eyeing for one since last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

seraphimvc wrote: »
    I am up for that PM sent :D eyeing for one since last year.

Great, Sent you on a pm. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Just saw the 2018 Technic images - LOVING the look of 42074 as a former sailor!

https://brickshow.com/2017/10/lego-technic-2018-official-set-images-released/

42074_alt1.jpg
    42074_alt3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Had an old external HDD where the drive had broken and a bunch of HDDs lying around as well. Decided to take apart the enclosure and incorporate the parts into this new swappable external HDD. Works great. (Video in link)

bPf4iMP.gif
    https://imgur.com/a/N44t6

Should anyone notice a seller with a huge volume of lastyears Christmas special set, please do let the UK police know:

https://www.facebook.com/FairyBricks/posts/1486801148034907

Fairy Bricks do great work, they have done a number of large donations to Irish kids hospitals/hospices in the past.

• Moderators Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭Spocker

L1011 wrote: »
    Should anyone notice a seller with a huge volume of lastyears Christmas special set, please do let the UK police know:

https://www.facebook.com/FairyBricks/posts/1486801148034907

Fairy Bricks do great work, they have done a number of large donations to Irish kids hospitals/hospices in the past.

I'll add this to the watchlist for Adverts, and notify the other AdMods

Any idea which sets will be reduced on black Friday?

Would like the Beetle, 20% off plus my (meagre) VIP points would swing it for me

Got the camper van last year similarly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Anyone see this https://brickset.com/article/31973/42078-mack-truck-revealed.

Looks awesome, miles better than any of the sets from last year

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Anyone see this https://brickset.com/article/31973/42078-mack-truck-revealed.

Looks awesome, miles better than any of the sets from last year

That looks great. I’d almost given up on Technic with what we got for the 40th and the rest of what’s been leaked for this year.

Advertisement