Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

I saw a leak yesterday of the leak Modular building, it is supposed to come out after new year!
    Is a american 1950s diner building

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Any idea which sets will be reduced on black Friday?

Would like the Beetle, 20% off plus my (meagre) VIP points would swing it for me

Got the camper van last year similarly

€75.99. Have a small amount of VIP points and can use TopCashBack too. Brings it down to 69ish

Will probably buy it so

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

If anyone doing a lot of shopping on Shop@Home ends up with a spare nutcracker I'm interested in buying. Won't be putting in any orders myself :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I ordered a few things on S@H, one is backordered... will they ship separately or only when backorder is in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Mine shipped separately when i had a back order before.

Strange how there has been no release on what the new modular building is gonna be. I've seen the rumours but nothing from Lego yet. Normally well out by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Wedgie

Wedgie wrote: »
    All of the above!

We have lots of superhero sets, Lego Friends sets, and lots of classic(?) Lego in the house.

So, I guess that I'll be looking for something for me, whether it be another Technics model or just another nice set. Actually, maybe something challenging!

If I could afford it, I'd buy the Shield Helicarrier for me and the two boys!

I seriously splashed out and bought the Helicarrier. The kids don't know that I've picked it up, and I'll wait until Christmas is long gone before I take it out.

The VW Beetle is back down to 75.99 again today

If anyone doing a lot of shopping on Shop@Home ends up with a spare nutcracker I'm interested in buying. Won't be putting in any orders myself :(

Actually scratch that, we just ordered the new Winter Village train station :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Downtown Diner will be the next purchase. It'll be tough to wait a while month before ordering!

https://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Downtown-Diner-10260

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

tedpan wrote: »
    Downtown Diner will be the next purchase. It'll be tough to wait a while month before ordering!

https://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Downtown-Diner-10260

Kind of annoying that it’s a tenner more than the announced price of €149.99, sets vary in price between the eurozone countries on the site but we usually get the same price as Germany, maybe it’ll change when it’s actually available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Kind of annoying that it’s a tenner more than the announced price of €149.99, sets vary in price between the eurozone countries on the site but we usually get the same price as Germany, maybe it’ll change when it’s actually available.

I am thinking of some heavy modification for this set if i am getting it. Honestly for modular set, 3rd party seller often managed to sell it cheaper like Smyth, ToyrUs (need to get it from UK), i think i got half of my modulars from 3rd party seller aha. iirc i only got mine from lego during triple VIP or there are some special set that only come with spending 100+.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I see all the destiny's bounty's given away on the late late last night are hitting adverts.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Aldi doing some small sets for 7,99. Didnt check if they are cheaper elsewhere. Some variety. Ninjago, star wars, disney, creator, friends, city and could be more.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

I've a full set of Series One CMF's on Adverts... worth a look.

I've a full set of Series One CMF's on Adverts... worth a look.

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I’ve received an email for LEGO - my UCS Millennium Falcon has shipped!!! Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my g...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Jacovs

I’ve received an email for LEGO - my UCS Millennium Falcon has shipped!!! Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my g...

Same :) 15:15 today

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

Years ago, before the new Holiday Train was released, I bricklinked 10173. It's 100% accurate down to the stupidly expensive rare window pieces, but every year there's heartache making it. The instructions are impossible to get on their own, meaning I have to use these awful digital instructions:

5uEB1TW.png

Totally worth it though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Never been quite clear on how the 'bricklink' stuff works... Do you just order a variety of pieces from a variety of people, hoping to make up the pieces that comprise the set?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Star Lord wrote: »
    Never been quite clear on how the 'bricklink' stuff works... Do you just order a variety of pieces from a variety of people, hoping to make up the pieces that comprise the set?

I always try to get as many pieces from one seller to save on shipping and buying piecemeal is expensive and annoying. It can depend on the set as well, it can sometimes be cheaper to buy the set as a whole from a buyer. There is an automatic system in place now so you can list by cost of parts (occasionally from many sellers) or by number of sellers (but can cost more).

If you're thinking of buying from the states, add 15, 20 or so euro as the shipping is high even for the smallest package. I tend to buy from Dutch, French and Irish sellers.

Also, beware of buyers that require you to have an 'average' price per item bought. If you're buying parts, they slam on a massive cost at the end to make it worth their while. I was caught on that once but the buyer was nice enough to cancel the order.

If you're like me and occasionally like the set but have little interest in the minifigures, there are usually lots of sellers getting rid of sets with no figures. Sometimes it is cheaper to buy the set from one buyer and the figures from another. Bricklink is weird :)

Star Lord wrote: »

I once wrote a guide to Bricklinking on this very forum, though most of it is out of date now since the site updated a couple of years ago. They actually made it much easier to do now, all you have to do is add all the parts of a set to your wanted list, click 'buy', and Bricklink will calculate the smallest number of sellers you can complete the set from.

Quiet on here, thought people would be posting about Xmas purchases left right and centre

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Quiet on here, thought people would be posting about Xmas purchases left right and centre

Got my wife a new cabinet for 'some' of her Lego collection. Think we need another one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Got the BB8 set off Santa and building a bag per night. Easy build but just need to slow down on the technic interior. I'll finish it tonight with the head but the "Ball" body is just a really satisfying LEGO build in itself.

I have set a resolution to be more frugal with LEGO purchases this year after the UCS Millennium Falcon, Assembly Square and the brilliant Ideas line sets last year. Thank fully technic was easily avoidable for 2017 but 2018 looks better. The Mack Anthem, the Forklift , Volvo Loader and Crane in H2 and a rumored UCS Supercar a la Porsche set. I'm limiting myself to 2 Technic sets and will pass up on the Mack Anthem if the Crane is better.

Other rumored sets
    A UCS Cloud City! If so , its a Day one for me.
    A UCS Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle

I'm not into the fairground sets nor do I have space but it does look likely that a Rollercoaster will appear this year. My main wish list city them set is the New Passenger train and maybe the train station. I have a cargo train and I don't like the current passenger train.

In Star wars seems like the OT is making a return with Sets like a scaled down Sandcrawler (to go with the Tattooine battle pack) and an original X Wing! I didn't really take to much on the Last Jedi wave and the pricing is ridiculous. BB8 was a gift and I'll pick up the Bomber and maybe Kylos Tie Fighter at a deep discount. What I really hope for this summer is a Last Jedi Throne Room set fully fleshed out with enough Pretorian Guards etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Young lad is almost finished destinys bounty he got from Santa. Doing a bag per morning. Its a great build and looks fab. Some of the ninjago stuff really looks brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Building my xmas gift, Joker's Mansion. Taking my sweet time building this beaut.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Some leaked images of the upcoming Summer Star Wars Hans Solo Movie wave
    https://imgur.com/a/BqGuh

A Kessel Run Millenium Falcon with Lando and Hans - Yes Please!
    I also like the Speeders and the minifigs in general

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Some leaked images of the upcoming Summer Star Wars Hans Solo Movie wave
    https://imgur.com/a/BqGuh

A Kessel Run Millenium Falcon with Lando and Hans - Yes Please!
    I also like the Speeders and the minifigs in general

Means that they will need to re-release TPM with the shot of the Falcon in a landing bay on Naboo updated to match that design and colour.

Think I like the idea of a brighter coloured ship, too much grey in all the other Star Wars ships.

Advertisement