Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

£179 on Amazon now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,205 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

tedpan wrote: »
    Any photos of the progress?

Here's our eldest with the completed Big Ben. Posted the Saturn V in the model discussion thread:

438929.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

None of the latest Ideas sets approved

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/ee91ef13-2712-4f0b-82bc-da5a2f9e634d?cmp=Other-GLO-Ideas-OTC-Jan-18-LEGOIdeasReviewResults-POST-Twitter-Second2017-CO-LEGO-

Shuttle was never gonna happen as it's been done. Launch pad would be the 3rd Space set in a short period but would complement the Saturn V

Can't believe Women of NASA ticked boxes some of those don't......

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Not surprised none of those made it.

I don't think any of the next set will make it either despite there being some good nearly modular ones from the same guy who did the Fishing Shop, but they won't make it because of being too similar/ soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

robinph wrote: »
    Not surprised none of those made it.

I don't think any of the next set will make it either despite there being some good nearly modular ones from the same guy who did the Fishing Shop, but they won't make it because of being too similar/ soon.

They've specifically said there's one of the next bunch that they're already looking to put into production:
    On a happier note, we can reveal that the LEGO Review Board has already selected one project that will become an official LEGO Ideas set. Which one it will be and whether there will be others, will first be shared in the next Third 2017 LEGO review announcement in the Summer of 2018, once the evaluation of all projects has been completed.

People are speculating it's the pop-up book. Think "The Lighthouse" or the "Boat House Diner" would make great companion pieces to "The Old Fishing Shack". RobenAnne's new one, "Captain Rob's Wharf" is nice, but too similar to the Fishing Shack with the ramshackle roof, and too monotone in it's colour palette to succeed I think.

• Advertisement

Women of NASA surprised me too... can't imagine it's selling well... The tower I *might* have bought but it's essentially an add-on for an existing Ideas set so has pretty limited appeal anyway and none of the others in this round would have appealed to me.

The fishing town modular is a great idea and I *LOVE* the boat house diner but I can't see them going with a second modular series.
    On a happier note, we can reveal that the LEGO Review Board has already selected one project that will become an official LEGO Ideas set. Which one it will be and whether there will be others, will first be shared in the next Third 2017 LEGO review announcement in the Summer of 2018, once the evaluation of all projects has been completed.
    My money's on the pop-up book and tbh, I might actually buy that one if it's the one that makes it. The e-type model just isn't close enough in shape to the iconic car but if the designers refine the submission somewhat, it could be one I'd go for too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

I am looking forward for the ship in bottle, it is already with ****ty price tag at 70euro thats what it was announced - i just saw that it is 85euro on official Lego website for Ireland. FFS

I have to admit that set does nothing for me. With so many connections in the "glass", it's pretty hard to see the ship inside...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

A toy shop in Northamptonshire in the UK has updated its facade, made completely out of of lego. Not that easy to see from the pictures but it's superb close up apparently.

https://twitter.com/SarahByrdITV/status/956815514860490752

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Looks fantastic but surely it's practically inviting vandalism / theft of the bricks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Sleepy wrote: »
    Looks fantastic but surely it's practically inviting vandalism / theft of the bricks?

I'd imagine they've used some kragle.

I'd assume so. Won't stop the scrotes from breaking off trophies though...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,986 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

There are no scrotes in that part of the UK* Its only up for a few weeks though, so not sure if they glued it or not. It'd be a shame if it does get hammered, independent toy shops are few and far between, and that place is a cracker.

*May not be true.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The people who would be interested in a trophy wouldn't be bothered with the effort involved, and also wouldn't consider a broken block of glued together Lego bricks to be much of a trophy.

The people who just want to smash stuff up for the sake of smashing stuff up is another matter entirely of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

guys CMF18 is out, costume theme rumour is true!

Ok, someone pls tells me where can I get a box of this from a wholesaler

Sheet.jpg
    https://brickset.com/article/33855/collectable-minifigs-series-18-revealed#comment221905

I'm liking them, especially the least costumed of the lot being the original police minifig.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I haven't even entertained CMFs before but planning my first town layout, built my first modular so definitely will pick some up now just for fun around the town and for the kids. Plus with Harry Potter MFs and possibly Star Wars MF this could be added to an already expensive habit

What are the thoughts on another wave of ideas being rejected. Ok RobenAnn's 3x Modulars were all a bit similar to the Fishing Store and the Apollo Saturn V stand wouldn't really sell on its own except to the few who have the set. The Shuttle could already be in the pipeline at LEGO but the "I am your father" MOC is an interesting one. A slip form some interview I saw recently suggested it could be too similar to Project X in progress. A UCS Cloud City...!

I haven't even entertained CMFs before but planning my first town layout, built my first modular so definitely will pick some up now just for fun around the town and for the kids. Plus with Harry Potter MFs and possibly Star Wars MF this could be added to an already expensive habit

What are the thoughts on another wave of ideas being rejected. Ok RobenAnn's 3x Modulars were all a bit similar to the Fishing Store and the Apollo Saturn V stand wouldn't really sell on its own except to the few who have the set. The Shuttle could already be in the pipeline at LEGO but the "I am your father" MOC is an interesting one. A slip form some interview I saw recently suggested it could be too similar to Project X in progress. A UCS Cloud City...!

Lego have confirmed that one set has already been approved from the next set.

Lego have confirmed that one set has already been approved from the next set.

The pop up book set?

Well built my 1st 2 Modulars over the last week. Brick Bank first and Detectives Office next. Loved the layering of detail and story of the Brick Bank and its a cool corner building but I was seduced by the DO. Just love the look of it and the office is brill. The alleyway really gives it a look of 2 distinct buildings. Overall blown away by the detail

• Advertisement

They haven't said which but it seems a fairly safe bet it'll be the pop-up book.

Anyone know where to get the best price for the MINI Cooper 10242?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Greg81

They haven't said which but it seems a fairly safe bet it'll be the pop-up book.

Anyone know where to get the best price for the MINI Cooper 10242?

Looks like Lego shop is still the best option.

https://shop.lego.com/en-IE/MINI-Cooper-10242

I'm guessing the pop-up book as well. Seems like the sort of idea they'd go for.

Finally got round to finishing Downtown Diner. It's a great build. The wrought iron staircase is just one of the genius small touches. Again, I'm always amazed at how they make the geometry work on these sets. How seemingly disparate elements can form up so perfectly and just lock together. It just shows how basic my own skillset and imagination is.

Having said that, I'm still not sold on the colour and it's style is jarring with the rest of the modulars. There's plenty Lego could have done with 20/30s era before jumping off to the 50s.

Guys is there any way to monitor which sets are gonna expires soon?

Greg81 wrote: »

Lego's own site has a retiring soon label for sets. Usually, they go in order anyways e.g. the oldest modular will disappear to make room for the next modular.

Looks like Lego shop is still the best option.

https://shop.lego.com/en-IE/MINI-Cooper-10242

I have €15 worth of VIP points so tempted to cash them in before this gets retired...

EDIT: gave into temptation!

Brick Picker.com is a site that actively discusses what is due to retire but I actually really dislike the site, most of the content and the general tone of the place.

Brick Picker.com is a site that actively discusses what is due to retire but I actually really dislike the site, most of the content and the general tone of the place.

I will take a look. Thanks.

Lego Technic Bugatti Chrion coming this year. I could be a similar model to Porsche GT3 RS.

https://www.facebook.com/LEGO/videos/530218247364262/

• Advertisement

Lego Technic Bugatti Chrion coming this year. I could be a similar model to Porsche GT3 RS.

https://www.facebook.com/LEGO/videos/530218247364262/

Was hoping for more of a classic to be honest. Not a fan of how the Chiron looks at all.

Advertisement