Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Looks good but would be worried about them being brittle.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,205 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It's quite minor and, tbh, if I hadn't read about it as a possible side-effect online, I probably wouldn't have noticed it. I'd guess it might have been something to do with the duration I had to leave the bricks in the solution for due to doing it on a windowsill during winter rather than outside in bright sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

How come I'm only reading about the new Tron set for the first time today!? Will pick it up I think, although maybe a bit pricey for the size?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

g0g wrote: »
    How come I'm only reading about the new Tron set for the first time today!? Will pick it up I think, although maybe a bit pricey for the size?

definitely too pricey for me. supposed to be 20 with those pieces, i'll give 25 for licencing, but turned out to be 35. Madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Anyone know if the new LEGO Tron set will be available in stores in Dublin anywhere? Don't see it listed on smyths or argos websites.

• Moderators Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭Spocker

Anyone know if the new LEGO Tron set will be available in stores in Dublin anywhere? Don't see it listed on smyths or argos websites.

Looks like it's a Lego Brand Exclusive for now: https://brickset.com/article/35228/21314-tron-legacy-available-now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

No, not available in bricks & mortar shops yet, give it time though. It most likely will be available in other outlets in time as when sales slow down on the LEGO website they usually release it to other retail outlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Due to a leak from Polish retailer, it looks like this year's Star Wars UCS is the Y-Wing. Official announcement is due May 4th.

Source

BTW, this doesn't look like an April Fool's, there's two threads on Reddit and the article was published yesterday.

Rael wrote: »
    Due to a leak from Polish retailer, it looks like this year's Star Wars UCS is the Y-Wing. Official announcement is due May 4th.

Source

BTW, this doesn't look like an April Fool's, there's two threads on Reddit and the article was published yesterday.
    Just the first of 2x UCS sets

• Advertisement

Just the first of 2x UCS sets

What's the second?

Rael wrote: »
    What's the second?

TBC but sources say it's Cloud City

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Does modern lego still yellow? I have my modulars on a shelf that gets a lot of direct sunlight... wondering should I move them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

mloc123 wrote: »
    Does modern lego still yellow? I have my modulars on a shelf that gets a lot of direct sunlight... wondering should I move them

Yes and definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Do Lego ship to parcel motel? Assembly Square is 40e cheaper on the UK site

tedpan wrote: »
    Do Lego ship to parcel motel? Assembly Square is 40e cheaper on the UK site

I think the Lego shop is region locked to your region and credit card. I tried ordering from the German shop previously and it was having none of it.

(I do stress I think, in case the internet mafia feels I've offended them enough to warrant a public spanking and humiliation)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Rael wrote:
    I think the Lego shop is region locked to your region and credit card. I tried ordering from the German shop previously and it was having none of it.

Yeah, cheers. I think it's not going to work as they see parcel motel as a PO box.

John lewis has it in stock with free delivery to norn iron :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Greg81

Smyths got promotion for few good sets at the moment

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/lego-sets/c/lego-special-offers

For example Mack Anthem Truck 42078 - €127.99

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Does anyone think the newer Archichitecture “cityscape” sets are good? Anyone have any?

I have a couple of the earlier ones - the minimalist Farnsworth House, Villa Savoye and they’re lovely and I also wanted Frank Lloyd Wright’s famous “Falling Water” at the time but couldn’t really afford it.

I would love a few more of the modular sets but my main problem is that I live in a 2 bed apartment with minimal storage. I know I could put some sets back in boxes but I’m loath to do that. I’ll just have to get a bigger abode lol!:D

I see LEGO are marking the 60th anniversary of their plastic bricks with some interesting multicolored Creator sets, small and medium sized. Anyone have them and what do they they think?

And The Technic range is 40 years old this year. Wow. I think Legoland with the minifigs is now 40 too. I’m really showing my age - just turned 43.:o I had tonnes of town, space and a little Castle LEGO and Technic when I was a kid back in the 80s.

Finally, is it socially acceptable yet to tell others you’re an AFOL? Is it like a coming out process? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Does anyone think the newer Archichitecture “cityscape” sets are good? Anyone have any?

I have a couple of the earlier ones - the minimalist Farnsworth House, Villa Savoye and they’re lovely and I also wanted Frank Lloyd Wright’s famous “Falling Water” at the time but couldn’t really afford it.

I would love a few more of the modular sets but my main problem is that I live in a 2 bed apartment with minimal storage. I know I could put some sets back in boxes but I’m loath to do that. I’ll just have to get a bigger abode lol!:D

I see LEGO are marking the 60th anniversary of their plastic bricks with some interesting multicolored Creator sets, small and medium sized. Anyone have them and what do they they think?

And The Technic range is 40 years old this year. Wow. I think Legoland with the minifigs is now 40 too. I’m really showing my age - just turned 43.:o I had tonnes of town, space and a little Castle LEGO and Technic when I was a kid back in the 80s.

Finally, is it socially acceptable yet to tell others you’re an AFOL? Is it like a coming out process? :pac:

If you missed those that have been retired then your wallet is going to bleed quite a bit to get them. The ongoing ones like London set, Beckingham palace, Shanghai etc sets are very good.

For the AFOL, i openly talk about it in my work place and my gf plays lego with me aha:D i think it is cool to be a lego fan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

My current living situation does not lend itself well to buying sets.

Luckily I have found an alternative means of expressing my love for the brick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

New Jurassic Park sets are on S@H and Smyths. The Jurassic Park set with Ian Grant is €52, great currency conversion there from 40 dollars (the UK are equally screwed).

Rhyme wrote: »
    New Jurassic Park sets are on S@H and Smyths. The Jurassic Park set with Ian Grant is €52, great currency conversion there from 40 dollars (the UK are equally screwed).

Been checking and haven't seen them online yet.
    Same with SW Molochs Landspeeder 40 dollars or €53!

Up on [EMAIL="S@H"]S@H[/EMAIL] now. Man the prices... at best 0.12ppp but avg 0.15ppp with 2 sets at 0.18ppp. I know the Dinos are big pieces but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Up on [EMAIL="S@H"]S@H[/EMAIL] now. Man the prices... at best 0.12ppp but avg 0.15ppp with 2 sets at 0.18ppp. I know the Dinos are big pieces but still...

As well, their value will probably go up after they retire like the other Jurassic World sets. Shame. They'll be even more inaccessible then :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I wonder how soon they’ll appear on argos? I’ve a €5 voucher I want to spend against the Jurassic Park set, expiring on the 24th April.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

None of the Jurassic Park sets are showing up as being in Argos yet, (https://www.brickcat.com/search/?q=&t=17) looks like some of the sets are available from a couple of other stores though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

The Lego Jurassic World sets are up on Argos now. One or two are missing, the T-Rex transport (which may be a Lego store exclusive?) and the Jurasssic Park set (which is my favourite and which I’ve bought already at Smyths yesterday, because, you know, it’s Jurassic Park!!). The Dilophosaurus set might be exclusive to Argos, I don’t see it listed on the Smyths site, but all of them are a bit cheaper in Smyths or on the Lego online store anyway, except for the Carnotaurus set which Argos oddly have at €79.99, €5 cheaper than the other two. Must check Art n’ Hobby too when I’ve a chance.

P.S. don’t look at the eye-watering price of Indoraptor Rampage at Lockwood Estate in Argos (
    it’s €159.99, €20 more expensive than the already-overpriced RRP
    ). They’ve given it a funny name, Maisie and Indoraptor play set (is Maisie the velociraptor? It’s still silly).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 robertrrjohn

@Sleepy

That Model Team truck turned out very well. One of the parts near the front looks like it has both white and blue on it. Did you put this piece into the mix or not? Just wondering if the blue got bleached.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,205 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Yes, I included numerous printed parts in the cleaning solution and none of the colouring faded.

My only negative experiece was with the grey bricks which I'd read online the solution doesn't work as well for. I'd only be able to recommend it for white and clear bricks tbh.

Advertisement