Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

If you are into the architecture sets
    Statute of Liberty and Great Wall of China due
    https://brickset.com/news/category-New-sets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

If you are into the architecture sets
    Statute of Liberty and Great Wall of China due
    https://brickset.com/news/category-New-sets

Statue of Liberty looks really clever. Massively cut down on my Lego spending this year, but I’ll definitely be picking up the expert coaster (pic on Lego reddit) and probably the pirate one as well. Hogwarts gives me the fear, kinda hoping it’ll be not great.

I see the Falcon is back in stock. Still can’t bring myself to spend that amount of money on a single set.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Just noticed that Smyths sell a few more modular buildings along with the Diner. Brick Bank, Parisian Restaurant, Detective's Office and Assembly Square. Could be handy when they do the 20% off sale later in the year. I also see the Creator range London Bridge and Amusement themed. Don't think they were there before either.

pcadhain wrote: »
    Just noticed that Smyths sell a few more modular buildings along with the Diner. Brick Bank, Parisian Restaurant, Detective's Office and Assembly Square. Could be handy when they do the 20% off sale later in the year. I also see the Creator range London Bridge and Amusement themed. Don't think they were there before either.

They weren’t. Less and less incentive to use shop at home now. I wonder how long before we’ll see the falcon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

pcadhain wrote: »
    London Bridge
    Tower Bridge.

London Bridge is a different, and boring looking, one and the one an American bought the old bridge and rebuilt it in Nevada.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I picked up the Ferrari Fxx k and development center for €33 last weekend

• Moderators Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭Spocker

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    I picked up the Ferrari Fxx k and development center for €33 last weekend

Where did you get it?

Spocker wrote: »
    Where did you get it?

Debenhams in blanchardstown had a handful of sets 30% off

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Anybody think all the new Jurrasic Park sets are completely lame? And everyones going nuts over them on Reddit, they're all so small and boring...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Thargor wrote: »
    Anybody think all the new Jurrasic Park sets are completely lame? And everyones going nuts over them on Reddit, they're all so small and boring...

Speaking that...i just watched this lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcAWXeExqb8

I like brickvault, pretty awesome channel

I will definitely pick up that Velociraptor Chase set when the price is right :D

• Advertisement

Look at them all together in that video, they all look like unfinished builds even the vehicles, the absolute bare minimum of pieces...

Thargor wrote: »
    Look at them all together in that video, they all look like unfinished builds even the vehicles, the absolute bare minimum of pieces...

Agreed with you there. That's why I never own any set from the movies, I thought the sets have always been like that for this franchise, people get it for the special dino figs etc. Licensing fee is just hefty :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

The new rollercoaster looks really cool but is very expensive. Will be next year before we can pick it up i’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭Ryath

Naid23 wrote: »
    The new rollercoaster looks really cool but is very expensive. Will be next year before we can pick it up i’d say.

Out on the 1st of June 16th May if you're a VIP looks amazing . It's way bigger than I realised. €329 bit better than I thought was afraid it would be closer to the €400 mark.

https://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Roller-Coaster-10261

Jangbricks has just put a build of it up.

I thought the Merry go round was bad, but that build looks tedious as fawk. Still getting it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Not into the fairground stuff but this looks interesting. I'll wait for reviews and price to drop before I consider it. Space. Where to put everything! I just finished the Technic Porsche last night. Stunning but large! Thinking about not where to put this one but the Bugatti next to it and a lineup of 5 UCS Technic supercars in 10 years...

That is a pretty amazing mechanism tbh:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭Ryath

The mechanism is pretty cool alright. I was much more in to technics as a kid but since my kids got into it I've come around to liking regular lego as much so this combines some of the best of both. Have got a few smaller sets on sale but I want to save and start getting some of the modulars. Might see if I swing this one with the wife though my daughter's love it.

Still can't get over the size of it.

10261-LEGO-Creator-Expert-Roller-Coaster-Lifestyle-Playing.jpg?resize=768%2C960&ssl=1

I think I would have more fun by getting 3 sets of this:
    LEGO-Creator-31084-Pirates-Coaster.jpg?resize=640%2C375&ssl=1

The big one just felt like it is too generic/they design to fit everyone, it is not compact like modular sets and you can easily moc it once they released the roller coaster tracks expansion pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 robertrrjohn

seraphimvc wrote: »
    ... it is not compact like modular sets and you can easily moc it once they released the roller coaster tracks expansion pack.

Has a tracks pack been confirmed? I'd be surprised but pleased to see one.

• Advertisement

Has a tracks pack been confirmed? I'd be surprised but pleased to see one.

Not officially confirmed. But apparently someone saw it already at Billund, 12 tracks for 20euro or something. I saw the comment either on reddit or brickset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Peek at LEGO’s upcoming sets: Star Wars crafts, Hogwarts, Ninjago city, and more

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/05/peek-at-legos-upcoming-sets-star-wars-crafts-hogwarts-ninjago-city-and-more/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

This year is going to get expensive. The X-Wing and Sandcrawler are must-buys as well as some of the Harry Potter sets. Going to wait until I see the larger D2C Harry Potter set before I make up my mind on how far that'll go. The potential leak of the Harry Potter CMF series with Voldemort and Nagini adds further temptation.

If my Jabba's Palace and Slave 1 sets sell, I'll have less things stopping me from buying. Don't know if that's a good or a bad thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,205 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The new Hogwarts Express is probably a must-have for me since the previous releases were during my "dark days"...

If, as many suspect, the new Hogwarts set is the start of a large Hogwarts modular, I may very well take the plunge on that...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Sleepy wrote: »
    The new Hogwarts Express is probably a must-have for me since the previous releases were during my "dark days"...

If, as many suspect, the new Hogwarts set is the start of a large Hogwarts modular, I may very well take the plunge on that...

The Great Hall set and the Whomping Willow sets are supposed to connect so the D2C set probably will as well. The Hogwarts Express and Quidditch sets are connected by theme but may not connect directly with the other sets but that's not going to get in the way of things :)

I dropped in to see the display in Arnotts at the weekend, its very impressive

I plan to getting all HP sets...if include the D2C set then i estimate thats 400euro...expensive indeed as a lego fan ffs

(and ye i was in my dark age as well when the previous HP sets came out, so i am definitely not going to miss this)

seraphimvc wrote: »
    I plan to getting all HP sets...if include the D2C set then i estimate thats 400euro...expensive indeed as a lego fan ffs

(and ye i was in my dark age as well when the previous HP sets came out, so i am definitely not going to miss this)

The D2C set is rumoured to be 500-600 Euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I was well and truly entrenched when the last HP wave came out and got pretty much the entire lot, so I'm going to try to resist most of the new ones (he says, before any pictures of the D2C Hogwarts are released...). That said, I did embark on a mission to collect all HP characters in Minifigure form (not necessarily all variants), which I finally completed last year. Just when I thought it was over :pac:

Advertisement