Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

The D2C set is rumoured to be 500-600 Euro.

ffs really? :pac: my god. you know what, if thats the case i would rather get the millennium falcon

I was well and truly entrenched when the last HP wave came out and got pretty much the entire lot, so I'm going to try to resist most of the new ones (he says, before any pictures of the D2C Hogwarts are released...). That said, I did embark on a mission to collect all HP characters in Minifigure form (not necessarily all variants), which I finally completed last year. Just when I thought it was over :pac:

there seems a CMF series of HP coming out...and then this leaked today:
    maxresdefault.jpg

It is so going to be an expensive year isnt it:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

seraphimvc wrote: »
    there seems a CMF series of HP coming out...and then this leaked today:
    maxresdefault.jpg[IMG]It is so going to be an expensive year isnt it:mad:[/img]

Yep...and I paid around €55 for an Umbridge minifig 6-7 months ago and there she is popping up in a promo :( All that's missing now is Mad-Eye Moody and Professor Trelawney, who were in and around the same...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

They will have to re box them all first if they have Toys R Us plastered on the box.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Lego Movie 2 is due out February 2019. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Choices choices...
    I had put some of the Jurassic World onto the wishlist but promptly removed them and will replace with athe HP sets including D2C since I missed those like sleepy in the dark days.

I'll just keep looking at the Rollercoaster, maybe get it for the kids in about 2 years

SW - The last Jedi wave was disappointing - only want the bomber and will put the throne room on the wish list. The UCS BB8 was the highlight and the only thing I have built from the wave.

The summer Solo and OT sets look great though. Thankfully I have the UCS Sandcrawler (yet to be built) so I can pass on the system scale one. However that X Wing!, the Hoth Medical scene and UCS Cloud City are day 1 for me. The rest of the Solo wave I can wait for rrp discount.

Its great to see Lego going back to the OT, Clone wars etc..
    I'd love if they did just a couple more Rogue One sets. Rogue One itself was a huge miss and Saw G a real miss in the minifigs

Also have you seen how the Ninjago Docks fits with the Ninjago City?! You could have a Ninjago Modular series, Harry Potter Modular series on top of the usual Modular series.

Not to mention the UCS Technic Bugatti...

And.. if you have yet to get a Brickheadz
    How about a Stormtrooper!
    https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/8l8opd/stormtrooper_brickhead/

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who doesn't like Brickheadz?

You are not alone, I haven't owned any brickheadz (yet) :D

The only brickheadz i want thus far is the carbonited han and boba, but the set is a comic con exclusive....

I might get Thanos and Gomorra, the colour just looks great

Couldn't see the point of them myself either, just looked like bad builds that looked nothing like the character they are meant to be. But got a couple going cheap in a Tesco price drop to clear their shelves, because it's cheap Lego parts, and they are starting to grow on me now.

With limited build time and ability to sneak boxes of Lego into the house they are usefully filling that time slot in my life as well. :)

• Advertisement

I usually have a couple of Star Wars Brickheadz on my Lego wishlist just to top up to free shipping if I need. I do the same with books on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,205 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Is the rumoured Harry Potter D2C set a UCS Hogwarts? Because I can see myself buying that (and hiding the cost of it from Mrs. Sleepy!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Sleepy wrote: »
    Is the rumoured Harry Potter D2C set a UCS Hogwarts? Because I can see myself buying that (and hiding the cost of it from Mrs. Sleepy!)

Strongly rumoured. Add me to the list of those that'll probably buy the lot. I wasn't really aware of Potter while it was going on (I remember my first encounter was listening to a Morning Ireland slot on the release of the 5th book, also saw the 4th and last movie in the cinema), but I've become slightly obsessed with it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

With regard to the BrickHeadz, I've been tempted by the Go Brick Me! set, which looks pretty good in terms of being a template from which to make a BrickHeadz version of whatever you like!

Strongly rumoured. Add me to the list of those that'll probably buy the lot. I wasn't really aware of Potter while it was going on (I remember my first encounter was listening to a Morning Ireland slot on the release of the 5th book, also saw the 4th and last movie in the cinema), but I've become slightly obsessed with it since.
    It's hard to imagine any other HP set getting anywhere close to that price level...

Star Lord wrote: »
    With regard to the BrickHeadz, I've been tempted by the Go Brick Me! set, which looks pretty good in terms of being a template from which to make a BrickHeadz version of whatever you like!

Bought this set. It's good fun and excellent value, but I won't be buying any other Brickheadz. I just feel it's lego crashing on other collectible crazes and I just don't care much for it. I need to collect less stuff... now back to looking at Potter rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,022 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sleepy wrote: »

What's D2C?

Direct2Consumer - sites that are, at least initially, exclusive to lego's own stores / website. Usually large sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭Ryath

Smyths had the new Creator Pirate Rollercoaster on the shelf and a few more new creator sets. They had no price on the rollercoaster though.

Daughters were very happy to see a load of new Lego Friends sets some of them are actually pretty nice they've tamed down the amount of pink and purple on most of them.

Yep, I just picked up the hospital for my daughter. To go with Daddy's hospital from new city line sets :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭Ryath

Hospital is a nice set we got it at Christmas. Assume you got it from amazon it's £50 there at the minute. Good chance Heartlake City Resort 41347 will be on Santa's letter this year.

just saw this from reddit, i thought i have to share it, the Wayne's manor

88rz8rswttu01.jpg

You should it combined wih his previous MOC. It’s gigantic.

Speaking of large, I’m London at the moment and got to visit the Leicester Square store today. The falcon looks a lot larger in the plastic. Need to get the roller coasters. They had the pirate one on sale as well.

Not loving the store itself. It was unpleasantly hot and lacking air and felt a lot more crowded than it was. Split level doesn’t help, but I’m not convinced they couldn’t do more with the space.

You should it combined wih his previous MOC. It’s gigantic.

Speaking of large, I’m London at the moment and got to visit the Leicester Square store today. The falcon looks a lot larger in the plastic. Need to get the roller coasters. They had the pirate one on sale as well.

Not loving the store itself. It was unpleasantly hot and lacking air and felt a lot more crowded than it was. Split level doesn’t help, but I’m not convinced they couldn’t do more with the space.
    Having been to a few of the other UK stores now the Leicester Square one isn't actually that much bigger than the others as it's really just the top floor, plus the photo booth, so is basically the same as all others. That the downstairs area has all the massive models which draws in more people to look at them just makes it busier than it otherwise would be.

Leicester square store can be really crowded during kids holidays. I found the staffs over there are trying too hard to please the customers can be annoying. Generally I bought most non-D2C sets cheaper elsewhere anyway so the only reason i visit there was the Lester minifig

That Wayne Manor is glorious. My wallet is crying just looking at it though: you'd buy a decent second hand car with what the bricks would cost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I still have my Saturn rocket unopened since the initial launch...pardon the pun.

I see that the UCS MF is up on Smyths for preorder. Now to wait for a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

If you get a chance, go to the Westfield shopping centre store. I found it to be much better that Leicester Square. Less crowds, better PaB wall and the staff aren't over whelmed so are actually very helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

My wife just surprised me with the mini cooper :D

I'll build it as is for now and in a few months I'll but the plans to convert it into a mk1 golf:cool:

Advertisement