Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Sleepy wrote: »
    I think we might be being a bit harsh, it looks like a fun set to play with if you're 8 or 9 years old and your mum/dad has helped you build it.

And spent 400 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

no chance i am getting it over the HP castle for example :< want that fett figure though...

Finally opened Hogwarts and I don't think Ive seen the contents posted elsewhere. Weirdly, I thought there would be far less stuff in the box owing to small sized pieces. It was absolutely packed. Strange, that there's only one bag per number.

43580392584_5415785d86_z.jpg
    IMG_1707 by Oafley Jones, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Spocker wrote: »

Thats it? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

Looking for the Dobby, Harry with cloak, Queenie and Luna CMF's. Can trade a Batzarro. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Looking for the Dobby, Harry with cloak, Queenie and Luna CMF's. Can trade a Batzarro. Thanks!

I have 3 queenies. Pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 24,205 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

what do you think about the 2018 WV set?

i thought last year was abit of lackluster (mainly because there is no actual train in it aha), but this year looks good.
    10263-1.jpg

I just saw that recent WV sets are now available on S&H starting today. I would say save your purchase until VIP double points in October.

seraphimvc wrote: »
    what do you think about the 2018 WV set?

i thought last year was abit of lackluster (mainly because there is no actual train in it aha), but this year looks good.
    10263-1.jpg

I just saw that recent WV sets are now available on S&H starting today. I would say save your purchase until VIP double points in October.

It's grand. I like it, but I wish they'd stop with the little microbuilds (Christmas trees, ponds, benches etc.) and incorporate the budget into the main building. Those are usually the type of thing they can include as a freebee purchase. There's probably an extremely limited market for it, but I wish they'd have continued with the Winter Cottage size sets.

• Advertisement

It's grand. I like it, but I wish they'd stop with the little microbuilds (Christmas trees, ponds, benches etc.) and incorporate the budget into the main building. Those are usually the type of thing they can include as a freebee purchase. There's probably an extremely limited market for it, but I wish they'd have continued with the Winter Cottage size sets.

Many of the older WV sets used to be bigger on the main building and side builds are more solid, those days seem to be long gone:o funny they also used to have less pieces as well.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

It's almost as if Lego is pitched at kids who like to play with it.

tJ8smuY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Greg81

LEGO FORMA: Add a Splash of Creativity to Your Day
    Introducing a new, premium LEGO experience to help you re-engage with your creative side.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lego-forma-add-a-splash-of-creativity-to-your-day#/

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Silas

I didnt know where to post this but was wondering if someone could point me to a website/shop where i could make customized lego figureines?

I am trying to get GAA themed lego figureines for my wedding

Any help would be appreciated

• Moderators Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭Spocker

Silas wrote: »
    I didnt know where to post this but was wondering if someone could point me to a website/shop where i could make customized lego figureines?

I am trying to get GAA themed lego figureines for my wedding

Any help would be appreciated

Plenty of options for that:
    https://minifigs.me/
    https://minifigures.com/case-studies/ (50 minifig min order)
    https://www.minifigureme.co.uk/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I got one of me in my running kit from Minifigs.me a while ago. Just sent them a couple of high resolution photos of me in the kit. Very happy with what I got back, but probably better / cheaper options if you are after a whole teams worth of figures.

Any deals/gifts with purchase coming up in the Lego store? I'm thinking of taking plunge on the huge Hogwarts set and wouldn't mind getting some freebies with it :)

(I'll admit that if the freebies are nice but not to my taste, I'd get them and sell them on to recoup some of the cost of Hogwarts. I'll be selling the House Founders minifigures anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Rhyme wrote: »
    Any deals/gifts with purchase coming up in the Lego store? I'm thinking of taking plunge on the huge Hogwarts set and wouldn't mind getting some freebies with it :)

(I'll admit that if the freebies are nice but not to my taste, I'd get them and sell them on to recoup some of the cost of Hogwarts. I'll be selling the House Founders minifigures anyway).
    Why don't you buy it in Smyth's now and use their essentially 20% off sale?

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Why don't you buy it in Smyth's now and use their essentially 20% off sale?

They don't have the large set, unfortunately. Only the smaller sets. I wouldn't mind 20% off the €399.99 set :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Had a great weekend lego-wise. I got the youngest the Hogwarts Express set as an extra surprise birthday present because I was away for work until late on the evening of her birthday and built that with her Friday night and Saturday. She had her party Saturday morning and took the money from all her birthday cards (and a few Smyths vouchers) into Smyths yesterday and got the Womping Willow and Hogwarts Great Hall sets.

Sleepy wrote: »
    Had a great weekend lego-wise. I got the youngest the Hogwarts Express set as an extra surprise birthday present because I was away for work until late on the evening of her birthday and built that with her Friday night and Saturday. She had her party Saturday morning and took the money from all her birthday cards (and a few Smyths vouchers) into Smyths yesterday and got the Womping Willow and Hogwarts Great Hall sets.

You will have to show some pics for all the HP sets when you put them together :P

I am buying the HP sets gradually whenever I see a good discount (no rush for me ha).

Will do.

Needed to tweak the Hogwarts Express a little to get it to run on the track I have for the Christmas Train but the little lady was delighted to be able to run it along the tracks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

How would you go about getting random parts ID'd.
    Is there a good site or somewhere in reddit or something.

• Moderators Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭Spocker

Keplar240B wrote: »
    How would you go about getting random parts ID'd.
    Is there a good site or somewhere in reddit or something.

Every part has a printed part number (usually) and you can put that number into a website such as bricklink.com or brickset.com, and search for that part number

If it doesn't, stick a photo of the part up on reddit.com/r/lego and you'll get it identified, and a list of the sets it came in in a few hours.

Got the 40305 Microscale LEGO Brand Store and 40174 Chess Set today, double vip point and with the free Minifigure Collector Frame.

I don't think the collector frame is that good but i wanted the chess set for awhile anyway so might as well.
    44583101494_e6fa8a9a87_b.jpg
    It is actually a cardboard frame. Unique figure though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads I've been offered a load of BNIB retired sets and the guy said he'll sell them to me for the lowest price they're listed at new on Bricklink. Is this a good deal? I know I'm saving him the hassle of having to post them so not sure if I should haggle a bit because of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,022 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lads I've been offered a load of BNIB retired sets and the guy said he'll sell them to me for the lowest price they're listed at new on Bricklink. Is this a good deal? I know I'm saving him the hassle of having to post them so not sure if I should haggle a bit because of that.

What are the sets?

Advertisement