Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

TitianGerm wrote: »
    What are the sets?

This but always haggle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Really depends on the sets, but I would imagine they are hard to shift or else he'd just sell them himself.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Thanks lads, they're retired lego architecture sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Thanks lads, they're retired lego architecture sets.

Hardly the whole range, more are coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Architecture sets are generally very annoying to both buyers and sellers, because these sets somehow use smaller/compact packaging so it is expensive to ship them due to the weight, and then if the set has been retired the price goes up but the average AFOLs who are into them are likely not willing to pay double/tripe of RRP for them (like myself lol).

The secondary market for Architecture sets are absolutely awful. The used sets are trying to ask for the full RRP when the pieces are mostly common bricks in mono colour for most sets; the sealed sets will ask for 40%-500% higher than RRP (or even higher) for such a niche product range. It makes no sense to retire architecture sets that are based on geographical/national landmarks because they can easily make it like a unique set for their official store in different regions. Like not long ago Berlin set was retired, now I am not sure why would anyone visit the Lego store in Berlin lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Hiya
    10 year old wants to ask "Santa" for a Lego Death Star. She would love it, she loved the Millennium Falcon last year, but it's over €470 in Smyths!!

Anywhere else I can buy it for a better price?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Billydoc

Hiya
    10 year old wants to ask "Santa" for a Lego Death Star. She would love it, she loved the Millennium Falcon last year, but it's over €470 in Smyths!!

In smyths in Northern Ireland it’s £399 but you can get it for £387 at the min with £12 off. Smyths had a sale on few weeks ago with 20% off but that won’t help you now. Saw an ad on Done deal a fella on Dublin selling one for €390 unopened! Ya could haggle!! Here’s the ad
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/20105321

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I picked up the Porsche gt3 at the weekend, the detail in it is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Hiya

Last year they had sales on in Nov/Dec and you could buy it 20% cheaper so just wait, you could ask the staff in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Last year they had sales on in Nov/Dec and you could buy it 20% cheaper so just wait, you could ask the staff in store.

+1 I got it for 20% off last year.
    Also keep an eye on Lego shop online, if you are lucky it could be nicely discounted on Black Friday too and you won't get a dented or scratched box from Smyths. Smyths are great but invariably there is something up with the box after it has been in storage for a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,563 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Ripped off price tag damaging the box was always an issue with presents bought in Smyth's and now they've moved to shelf edge pricing, all existing stock is damaged in that way until sold and restocked

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

Hiya

Smyths have it on sale now for €375

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/lego-and-bricks/lego-star-wars/lego-75159-star-wars-death-star-iconic-construction-set/p/156074

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

brianomc wrote: »
    Hiya

Smyths have it on sale now for €375

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/lego-and-bricks/lego-star-wars/lego-75159-star-wars-death-star-iconic-construction-set/p/156074

Thank you
    Still out of my budget but I appreciate the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I see some of next years Technic sets have been revealed, they may have already been leaked but I haven't been keeping up.

lego-technic-2019-42094-0001.jpg

lego-technic-2019-42096-0003.jpg

Yuo can see them all here

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Can anyone tell me if the ali express light sets for the trains connect to the trains power block or use a separate one?

I see some of next years Technic sets have been revealed, they may have already been leaked but I haven't been keeping up.

The Star Wars sets were revealed as well. Another average line up there! Hopefully the 20th Anniversary sets are great!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The classic space "battle" pack is what I've got my eye on. One day I hope to be able to reclaim my old Lego from my parents roof, but until then I need some of those classic figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

mloc123 wrote: »

Me too. Sold most of my classic spacemen years ago. Don't ask why. Offloading old Lego before I realised what it was worth.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Glad to see that Lenny is in pink and Jenny is the white suit.

• Advertisement

Me too. Sold most of my classic spacemen years ago. Don't ask why. Offloading old Lego before I realised what it was worth.

I have one original Benny... Without a broken helmet. I never had much space stuff as a kid... All pirates, castles and trains.

I have one original Benny... Without a broken helmet. I never had much space stuff as a kid... All pirates, castles and trains.

Just checked last night and I have 2x blue, 1x red and 1x yellow left.. at least I didn't sell them all! I miss the mint black suit one though and all the balcktrons but in a way happy they went to a guy doing a big Space project.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    Is the original blue benny worth much?

No ( used € 1:50) according to brickset, its very common, it was in a lot of small cheap sets,
    minifig packs and one medium size set came with three of em.

So a lot of them where made.

the black suited one is worth nearly a fiver(used) as it was in so few sets.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I have my eye on this one too. Looks like a Classic 1980s Space set. Hopefully it won't be too pricey.

I have rebuilt a few of my old original 80s space sets - including the 1985 Space Hopper x 2. Loved it as a 10 year old as it had funky new bendy flourescent yellow tubes in it!:D

Started to sort through my childhood lego and pick out and put pack together (for some reason as a child I removed a lot of arms) minifgs

Had to sub out a couple of pieces (trans yellow instead of red)

Had to sub out a couple of pieces (trans yellow instead of red)

Oh wow! I remember that set! What a trip down memory lane!!:):D

• Advertisement

I have quite a lot of my old LEGO (though I gave a lot away to charity when I first “grew out” of it in the late 80s) and I’ve recently been rebuilding 1980s Space and Town sets.

One set I loved as a 10 year old lad was the little Space Hopper from 1985. The new bendy tubes were a real attraction...:)

150112f-lego-classic-space-6806-surface-hopper-1985.jpg

Advertisement