Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

new modular pics are out! Corner Garage!
    31221506277_fdc8870507_b.jpg
    Brickset got their review up already jaysus
    https://brickset.com/article/40442/review-10264-corner-garage
    Honestly for me, modular itself takes like 3/5 of the baseplate but with that price tag, come on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

180e WTF..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Looks more like a lego city set then a modular one. €180 is a bit steep alright, that seems to be their new price tag for the modulars. Diner was the same wasnt it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Horrible colour scheme.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Who knew that Indiana Jones became a vet after retiring from chasing the Nazis around looking for archeology.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Horrible colour scheme.

Reminds me of some of the colour buildings in San Francisco and especially some of those in the Art Deco style elsewhere

http://www.designcurial.com/news/top-five-colourful-buildings-in-the-western-world-5865091

• Registered Users Posts: 24,205 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I can't see that selling as well as either of the sets it's replacing...

One mast piece missing. Subbed out with some long 1 stud plates. Have the triangle sail and string to go on, along with some other accessories.

mloc123 wrote: »
    One mast piece missing. Subbed out with some long 1 stud plates. Have the triangle sail and string to go on, along with some other accessories.

I miss my blacksea barracuda:(

seraphimvc wrote: »
    I miss my blacksea barracuda:(

I always really wanted it as a kid... Have looked on bricklink, but at 200e it is an expensive used set.

• Advertisement

i cant believe bugatti is on a big sales already. the set is not selling well isnt it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭Ryath

New Architecture sets look great.

LEGO-Architecture-21043-San-Fransisco-2.jpg

LEGO-Architecture-21044-Paris-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

i cant believe bugatti is on a big sales already. the set is not selling well isnt it

I'd say a lot of people are holding off for price drops. Given you could pick the Porsche up for as little as ~160 in places people would be holding out for the Chiron to drop, €370 was a crazy price anyway. I

On a different point has anyone gotten a delivery from lego recently? I've gotten a couple in the last few weeks and none have been wrapped with the white plastic straps, today's delivery which was stuck with AnPost for 10 days didn't have anything securing the top of the box to the bottom.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭Ryath

New Modular is much better than it looks in those pics on Brickset it's no where near as orange. More of a browny/orange.# Bit pricey at €180 though. Can wait for a sale. Assembly Square next when I see an offer on that.

LEGO-Creator-Expert-10264-Corner-Garage-0000.jpg

banner-10264_Box3_v39.jpg?fit=1200%2C985&ssl=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭wench

On a different point has anyone gotten a delivery from lego recently? I've gotten a couple in the last few weeks and none have been wrapped with the white plastic straps, today's delivery which was stuck with AnPost for 10 days didn't have anything securing the top of the box to the bottom.

I got a delivery about two weeks ago, and it was packaged as normal with the white straps.
    Mine also had an extended stay with AnPost, stuck in Portlaoise for almost a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,205 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Had one last week and it had the white straps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Ryath wrote:
    New Modular is much better than it looks in those pics on Brickset it's no where near as orange. More of a browny/orange.# Bit pricey at €180 though. Can wait for a sale. Assembly Square next when I see an offer on that.

Ah no, not released until the 1st of Jan! Would have been an awesome last minute Christmas present :)

pulled the trigger to get the Apollo over weekend, double vip points and to get that christmas carousal. i actually wont open the apollo for a long time because i have no space ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

i actually wont open the apollo for a long time because i have no space ffs

Yeah, as it is a rocket that flies to the Moon, the Apollo Saturn definitely needs space. ;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Nice design:

• Advertisement

ye saw that over the weekend. I was thinking, my god, if you were to buy all these big sets that lego has been coming with, you need some serious space for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Niska

As close to LEGO: Mad max (incl Mohawk) as we'll get...

guys the tlm2 cmf leak! Spoiler alert! (do we really care about spoiler here ha)

My first thought is that will they reprint that
    watermelon
    dude into pizza and that
    madmax mohawk
    cat :pac:

and well, also that nice trio from wizard!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just finished building the winter village fire station and winter village station.

Really nice builds and look good.
    The main buildings were 4-5 hours each.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Does anyone know Is there anywhere that sells the modular sets that takes one for all vouchers?? Ive got a decent voucher, and I’d like to get myself a present, but my local toy shop (who do take the vouchers) doesn’t stock them. I’ve only ever seen them in smyths actually, but they don’t accept One4all.

• Moderators Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭Spocker

jlm29 wrote: »
    Does anyone know Is there anywhere that sells the modular sets that takes one for all vouchers?? Ive got a decent voucher, and I’d like to get myself a present, but my local toy shop (who do take the vouchers) doesn’t stock them. I’ve only ever seen them in smyths actually, but they don’t accept One4all.

Art 'n Hobby take One4Alls: https://www.artnhobby.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 68,563 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They don't sell the modulars though. Smyth's are the only physical retailer with them

L1011 wrote: »
    They don't sell the modulars though. Smyth's are the only physical retailer with them

Gah! This was my fear! I’ll never own one now!

• Moderators Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭Spocker

You could try and seller the voucher maybe, and use the cash to buy in Smyths?

• Advertisement

Spocker wrote: »
    You could try and seller the voucher maybe, and use the cash to buy in Smyths?

I could I suppose. But I don’t want to use the full voucher to buy Lego! Totally not the end of the world, but I was finding it much easier to justify spending a couple of hundred euro of a voucher to buy a modular set than I would cash!
    I must ask in my local toy shop if they could order it in.

Advertisement