Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Smyths have an annual sale for a week/fortnight in September where its €10 off every €50 spent. The idea is to shift stock before the Christmas is put on shelves.

It is a bit of a wait but it would net your daughter the set for €320.

Cheers, as far as I know its €10 off over €50, so if something costs €110 you only get the €10 off, I would use that for the Xmas shopping and they would run things through as separate sales to get the most from it.
    Unfortunately as with ever 9 year old this is required asap , I am not sure the cloned stuff at 320 is enough of a saving , might stick with the Lego brand, its 179 at Ali Express for the Lapin etc but not sure where that stands with customs and the clampdown in China.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

If you look on pricespy.co.uk, somewhere called alza have it for 328STG

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

bennyc wrote: »
    Cheers, as far as I know its €10 off over €50, so if something costs €110 you only get the €10 off, I would use that for the Xmas shopping and they would run things through as separate sales to get the most from it.
    Unfortunately as with ever 9 year old this is required asap , I am not sure the cloned stuff at 320 is enough of a saving , might stick with the Lego brand, its 179 at Ali Express for the Lapin etc but not sure where that stands with customs and the clampdown in China.

No I picked up the Lego Ghostbusters Building last year and got €80 off it as i spent €400 (threw in a small toy to get it over 400) - the discount absolutely stacks.

Understandable though about the urgency.

I would avoid Lepin anyway but certainly at the moment with customs etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

You will get 20% off many large sets in Smyths a few times a year. For example I got 20% off Downtime Diner a couple of weeks ago, the UCS Millennium Falcon is currently 20% off. The Creator Expert Roller Coaster was on sale a while ago also but not now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

There are flights from Belfast to Billund...not sure of the airline but i think its ryanair

• Advertisement

Well here it is. The Lego Upside Down from Stranger Things.

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1128435143339802624?s=19

Features the Byers' house with 8 minifigs as well as Hoppers jeep at over 2200 pieces for €200.

This is a really cool looking set that allows you to flip the house upside down for the 'Upside Down' version of the house!

https://twitter.com/TooMuchDew/status/1128162811014713344?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

the review already released yesterday, apparently those lego affiliates/youtubers already got the sets from lego and built them lol

have to say i am tempted, but i have no place to put this big set. i think it looks great for any non-seasonal lego buyer/ Stranger things fans that they can have a standalone display in the house just for the set. right, i will get this when it is on sales (aiming for smyths black friday sales)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

madalig12 wrote: »
    There are flights from Belfast to Billund...not sure of the airline but i think its ryanair

No direct flights unfortunately. There's a 2 hour layover in Manchester.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Direct flights from Dublin resume this winter with Ryanair but may be too late for the opening schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Very, very tempted by that Stranger Things set, it's really nice, and the minifigs are among the best I've seen!

• Advertisement

k84Jbogl.jpg

guys i just saw this...:eek:

I havent gotten mine so...this is a good news for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

seraphimvc wrote: »

Eh?

Eh?

it looks like Lego will release a (slightly) updated UCS MF. the picture is a leak from one of those provisional catalogs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Could be updated minifigures from the new film. New costumes for Finn and Rey and maybe some others that may be in the ship in Episode IX.

if the leak is true then Lego truly listens, the minifig selection was the only minor complaint the reviews had. good news for me at least lol but this is going to p*ss off lots of people who bought it

it looks like Lego will release a (slightly) updated UCS MF. the picture is a leak from one of those provisional catalogs
    Rhyme wrote: »
    Could be updated minifigures from the new film. New costumes for Finn and Rey and maybe some others that may be in the ship in Episode IX.

Are you sure it's not just talking about 75192, with it's updated minifigs etc. Why would they use a picture of 10179?

k84Jbogl.jpg

If you reverse Google search the image, it was floating around in April 2017. It was part of the materials for the original and current UCS Millennium Falcon which came out in 2017.

There's no new version of it coming out :)

If you reverse Google search the image, it was floating around in April 2017. It was part of the materials for the original and current UCS Millennium Falcon which came out in 2017.

There's no new version of it coming out :)

I was thinking about that too but i thought the 2017 pic wouldn't have the actual MF picture (it would have been some black figure there). oh well:o

are you going to billund soon? this looks good!

40346-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Love the dragon coaster!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Billund was of course the first Legoland, opened back in 1968 and still going strong. I was there as an 11 year old back in 1986 - it was Utopia to me at the time!

Would love to go back.:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

are you going to billund soon? this looks good!

40346-1.jpg

They have this set in Windsor, think it was about £130. Had already spent too much money on taking the kid there for their birthday (in a thinly veiled excuse to finally go there myself 40 years after dreaming / pleading in vein for a trip to Billund) so didn't indulge myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

While some of the individual parts of that set are lovely, it really wouldn't work as a display set without a lot of additional landscape building. Even on the box they've resorted to animating in the scenery.

I'm sure it's a set with great "playability" for a kid who's just visited Legoland but it's not really one that'd interest me as someone who mainly builds sets for display.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Yeah, the glass box they had it displayed in at Legoland did leave it looking just a bit like a random collection of unrelated mini builds. Would provide a good set of things to add to another display with the small builds, but it wasn't really looking like a display piece on it's own.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Looks cool, but the minifigs bother me. They've gone to such lengths to get little details on the lander right, but have been fairly lazy (imo) with the minifig design. I think a more accurate Apollo-era astronaut would have been much more impressive, and not too much to ask given the popularity of minifigs these days and the sheer number of new designs they produce. Cool set otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,919 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Love the 'footprint' in the video :)

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Conchir wrote: »
    Looks cool, but the minifigs bother me. They've gone to such lengths to get little details on the lander right, but have been fairly lazy (imo) with the minifig design. I think a more accurate Apollo-era astronaut would have been much more impressive, and not too much to ask given the popularity of minifigs these days and the sheer number of new designs they produce. Cool set otherwise!

I've heard it explained that Neil Armstrong was a very private man and wouldn't appreciate having a model made of him and while Buzz Aldrin would probably get a kick out of a Lego Buzz, you can't have one without the other so, generic figures.

I see that the Jurassic Park D2C set has leaked. While I like the brick built T-Rex, the set just seems lacking. The gate is off as well. Could’ve really benefited from a Ford Explorer. Speculated price of 250 Euro is mental as well.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bydqwm8pJFT/?igshid=w8n502fb09oj

• Advertisement

I see that the Jurassic Park D2C set has leaked. While I like the brick built T-Rex, the set just seems lacking. The gate is off as well. Could’ve really benefited from a Ford Explorer. Speculated price of 250 Euro is mental as well.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bydqwm8pJFT/?igshid=w8n502fb09oj

Saw that last night! Yes, the only set that really could use a vehicle and they didn't include one. I didn't actually know that it could be 250e :eek: Regardless the price tag, the set is like a glorified minifig pack isnt it. The brick built t-rex is cool tho.

Advertisement