Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Lego Speed Champions DLC announced last night for Forza Horizon 4, looks like great fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

I see that the Jurassic Park D2C set has leaked. While I like the brick built T-Rex, the set just seems lacking. The gate is off as well. Could’ve really benefited from a Ford Explorer. Speculated price of 250 Euro is mental as well.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bydqwm8pJFT/?igshid=w8n502fb09oj

https://brickset.com/article/44213/huge-jurassic-park-set-to-launch-next-week
    so it is officially 250e :pac:

and almost every other comments under the article are saying why no jeep/explorer. essentially you pay for bulk bricks for that ok looking t-rex, that gate is so rubbish. so goddamn it is one hell of a glorified minifig pack

Those are some appealing minifigs though....

true that Ian Malcolm minifig...

Jg34uKBh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I dislike how that stand is branded Jurassic World even though this is firmly a Jurassic Park set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I dislike how that stand is branded Jurassic World even though this is firmly a Jurassic Park set.

I've asked this before but apparently the brand 'Jurassic World' is now the entirety of the franchise with Jurassic Park being the first film in the Jurassic World line... if that makes sense.

Rhyme wrote: »
    I've asked this before but apparently the brand 'Jurassic World' is now the entirety of the franchise with Jurassic Park being the first film in the Jurassic World line... if that makes sense.

Yeah I thought that alright. It makes sense I guess but is quite jarring as you'd swear it was a mistake if you didn't know the above.

The dragon boat is now available! https://shop.lego.com/en-IE/product/Dragon-Boat-Race-80103

what do you think of these asian festival series?

Good that lego listened and bring them to global release! I bought the previous 2 festival sets and it was a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

seraphimvc wrote: »
    The dragon boat is now available! https://shop.lego.com/en-IE/product/Dragon-Boat-Race-80103

what do you think of these asian festival series?

Good that lego listened and bring them to global release! I bought the previous 2 festival sets and it was a pain.

A serious amount of minifigures with that set. Granted most of them are largely identical, it's nice if you want to populate a town.

I'd prefer the Dragon Dance set instead myself, would look great as a display or a play piece.

Went ahead and ordered the Dragon Boat and the HP Knight Bus, got the free rocket set, the free HP set and a free marvel endgame print.

• Advertisement

Rhyme wrote: »
    A serious amount of minifigures with that set. Granted most of them are largely identical, it's nice if you want to populate a town.

I'd prefer the Dragon Dance set instead myself, would look great as a display or a play piece.

I am going to share them when i completed mine ha. All these 3 sets are so good for providing the minifigs and parts in unique prints etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Went ahead and ordered the Dragon Boat and the HP Knight Bus, got the free rocket set, the free HP set and a free marvel endgame print.

I got exactly that too! Plan to turn the boats into a rowing race to remember for first National Championship medal back in Uni. It will be a while as there is a long queue of stuff to do for my attempt at a city

I got exactly that too! Plan to turn the boats into a rowing race to remember for first National Championship medal back in Uni. It will be a while as there is a long queue of stuff to do for my attempt at a city

Sounds cool.

Do you build many MOCs? I organise Lego Exhibitions and we're also looking for new exhibitors.

Sounds cool.

Do you build many MOCs? I organise Lego Exhibitions and we're also looking for new exhibitors.

No but I will try when I have more time. Busy life, other priorities. Kids still tiny etc

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

The new city space sets sub-theme is very good and there is a lot of them , Its almost classic space like,
    I assume that LEGO cannot make a space theme as it would compete with star wars theme and upset Disney while the new movies are coming out .
    So they sneaking Lego space in thru the backdoor of city theme.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The "City" Space theme is based on real stuff and as long as they don't use lots of grey or include 7 foot tall furry aliens then it's not going to impact on the Star Wars theme at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

The thing is, Star Wars is Lego's space theme. Sure, they've to pay a licensing fee to Disney, but it's a much safer and far more profitable option than risking another evergreen space theme without IP.

The thing is, Star Wars is Lego's space theme. Sure, they've to pay a licensing fee to Disney, but it's a much safer and far more profitable option than risking another evergreen space theme without IP.

Not anymore thanks to the geniuses behind the new SW movies. same thing to HP series. Both franchises' new movies screwed up big time and lost so much money on merchandising (still amazed at how they could screw up that big). It is incredible how fast Lego switched to release the sets based on older movies of the series but the damage has been dealt.

I for one welcome the come back of retro themes without IP: pirates, castle and space themes.:pac:

The problem with the SW and HP lines is the constant rereleases. I don't know anything about HP but every year we get a hand full of SW rereleases. I think it's a 2-3 Yr cycle. There are loads of scenes and vehicles in the SW universe that haven't got a look in yet. The new space theme sets look great BTW. It's one of the few city themes I'd be interested in getting the full wave of.

New Lego Ideas Treehouse image revealed.

I really like the look of this. The inclusion of Autumn leaves is a really nice touch. RRP is €199.

21318-lego-ideas-treehouse-01-1024x834.jpg

• Advertisement

It's a great looking set, I thought the price would be higher when I first saw it so happy with that. Definitely a day one purchase for me.

Same here. Day 1. Hard to see where 3,000+ parts went. I expect that its super sturdy, great interior detail and hopefully a bag of spare autumn leaf parts. Since main seasonal colours in Ireland are green or brown/orange

Same here. Day 1. Hard to see where 3,000+ parts went. I expect that its super sturdy, great interior detail and hopefully a bag of spare autumn leaf parts. Since main seasonal colours in Ireland are green or brown/orange

It's confirmed that it comes with parts to make it look more like Autumn which is great!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

There is going to be a lot of pieces in that base, and the stream is going to be a couple of layers of 1x1 clear plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Thought it was around 2k plus, which accounts for the less dense foliage versus the original.

love it! the price point seems fine with 3k+ pieces but if i compared the looks of it to the fisherman store, it seems 'small' to me. decisions decisions.

Lego Harley Davidson Fat Boy motorcycle announced.

1023 pieces coming in at around €90-€95

https://twitter.com/tormentalous/status/1148578149917052932?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

That’s exactly what I’ve been hoping for! Posted a few months ago that I thought the Creator vehicles range could expand into bikes or motorbikes. Haven’t had a close look but it looks great at a glance.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Off-the-charts level of want for that...

10269_Back_01.jpg

• Advertisement

ye it looks incredible when you look at the HD pic D:

actually surprised by it only has 1k+ pieces, it could be the right size for a tea table/office desk

Advertisement