Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

That will be joining my collection!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

SDCC2019-3_636984548017658128.jpg

Oh hey nice one TLG, exclusive Barb fig but not for everyone.

Come on, this is just pissing the people who bought the set. I am slightly pissed off as i plan to buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

seraphimvc wrote: »
    I am slightly pissed off as i plan to buy one.

Same. Shame there's no Steve mini-fig either! :D

Star Lord wrote: »
    Same. Shame there's no Steve mini-fig either! :D

Definitely a missed opportunity for not having billy and nancy as well :pac: need an additional small set to complement the big set badly

And they couldn't have Billy without Max... :pac:

THE LIST GROWS!!!

And maybe an Alexei one too... ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Oh hey nice one TLG, exclusive Barb fig but not for everyone.

Come on, this is just pissing the people who bought the set. I am slightly pissed off as i plan to buy one.

Ah shite, that's another I'll have to get a knock-off version of then so.

I keep a large collection of red-haired female minifigures for my wife (who has red hair) and this one is too good to pass up. I had to do the same with the Comic Con Phoenix/Jean Grey minifigure from a few years ago.

the tree house comes with interiors so that's where the pieces go...
    https://brickshow.com/2019/07/heres-a-sneek-peek-at-the-lego-ideas-tree-house-21318

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

the tree house comes with interiors so that's where the pieces go...
    https://brickshow.com/2019/07/heres-a-sneek-peek-at-the-lego-ideas-tree-house-21318

And there are 3 cabins

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Looks as if the Droid Commander set is now available to buy from Lego S@H. Listed at €220 on the Irish store.

anyone seen the new cmf (leak) yet?

2pGXHxzl.jpg

pretty awesome figs and with lots of desirable accessories

That is blacktron yes!!!!

• Advertisement

I'm more curious by the icons in the top right corner, in english it says 16 to collect. And then the other languages say 17 & 18 to collect, so more 'secret' figs potentially.

I'm more curious by the icons in the top right corner, in english it says 16 to collect. And then the other languages say 17 & 18 to collect, so more 'secret' figs potentially.

heard it was the person who leaked just decided to stick 16/17/18 on it because he wasn't sure how many we will get in total. probably will be 1-2 chase figs

Lego Hidden Side now available online via Lego.com. Also spotted on shelves in Smyths.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Just built the Architecture series New York set.

My third Architecture cityscape set - after the beautiful San Francisco and Paris sets and it’s pretty good for the price but does anyone else think it is very flimsy - esp the Empire State build? You have to be very very careful moving or even touching it as it can come apart very easily.

San Francsico in contrast is much more robust.

• Moderators Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭Spocker

Just had a look at my New York there, not flimsy at all, as strong at the others for me

Looks like some (good) changes in the S@H store; I ordered the new Car Trasnporter 42098 @ 23:50 on the 1st of August, I got the email @ 12:39 the next day to say it was dispatched and just now I got a notification from DPD that it will be delivered next Thursday. Looks like they have changed from DHL/Deutsche Post/An Post - I never had an issue with An Post to be fair, but I did find the tracking before it got to Ireland a bit slow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Lego have posted a short video on Instagram confirming a Lego FRIENDS set is in the works (the tv show rather than the current product line).

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1158709415480045568?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Spocker wrote: »
    Looks like some (good) changes in the S@H store; I ordered the new Car Trasnporter 42098 @ 23:50 on the 1st of August, I got the email @ 12:39 the next day to say it was dispatched and just now I got a notification from DPD that it will be delivered next Thursday. Looks like they have changed from DHL/Deutsche Post/An Post - I never had an issue with An Post to be fair, but I did find the tracking before it got to Ireland a bit slow
    I had to email them. Still waiting for a response. Couldn't log in to the VIP reward section. Looked like a glitch. My points have disappeared . Thought about getting the transport. Perfect length to fit on a shelf, if I can fit the mini, db5 and mustang on it....

Spocker wrote: »

This was delivered Tuesday 6th, two days early!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Lego Central Perk announced and due out on 1 September.

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1159449270409420800?s=19

1000 pieces at around €60.

Very nice set!

• Advertisement

anyone seen that disney train set reveal??
    48510704432_ec8a4332e4_b.jpg

330e/£300 2900 pieces :pac: it comes with a motor so the price is somehow...ok? what do ye think?

It's nice... I don't know if it's €330 nice, but it's pretty nice...

and ohya so goofy only exists in this exclusive set...lego please

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It'd pair up nicely with the Disneyland castle and the station building looks accurate to the ones in the park in Paris at least but the loco looks very like the Christmas train from a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Masterkey01

Anyone come across series 19 mini-figures yet, There due to be released sep 1st, But im seeing
    a lot of people on Facebook finding them in the UK early.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Tesco in the UK have them up on shelves early it seems. Tesco over here are usually slow with Lego so even if they had a mind to break the street date, it'd be mid-September by the time we'd see them :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

My photos memories app just reminded me of this wrongness of a "minifig" that I saw in a toy museum in France last year:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PXEDCeRB5iu5p1ZX7

ha thats one of the original lego 'minifigs'. so creepy lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

ha thats one of the original lego 'minifigs'. so creepy lol

It's worse than that. Its a life size model of a Playmobile fig, made out of Lego. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The earliest LEGO minifigs had blank faces and bodies with arms and legs that didn’t move. They were introduced in the mid 1970s with the fully modern minifigs following in 1978.

Basically, the very first minifigs were crap and LEGO learned to correct that mistake pretty quickly.

Minifigure.jpg

Advertisement