Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Have all of those in "my" Lego, and a few of the Technic figs. I just need to figure out where in my parents roof they are hiding it. I know it is still there somewhere, and they claim they never got rid of it other than some 1960's bricks that were "borrowed" from our cousins and so went back to them when they had their own kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i remember now, that reminds me of the creepy fabuland figure lol
    img_9619.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Masterkey01

Rhyme wrote: »
    Tesco in the UK have them up on shelves early it seems. Tesco over here are usually slow with Lego so even if they had a mind to break the street date, it'd be mid-September by the time we'd see them :)

Picked them up in my local Smyths yesterday (Tralee).

• Registered Users Posts: 34,919 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I got this email from Bricklink recently - haven't checked it out myself but may be of interest.
    Hello LEGO fan!

This short message is to let you know of a local LEGO group which you may have an interest in.

The free-to-join Irish LEGO User Group is a community for adult fans of LEGO (AFOLs) in Ireland.

If you’re over 17 and passionate about bricks why not join our community of like-minded folk?

We have a vibrant online forum and regularly hold informal get-togethers and public exhibitions around Ireland in which all are welcome. With over 340 members there are members interested in all themes and aspects of the hobby, from collecting official sets and building custom models through to displaying.

The forum supports discussion on everything LEGO and enables members to share photos of their collection and creations, provide updates on their latest projects and of course importantly share the best LEGO deals found in the shops! If interested it’s a good place to start so if you’d like to learn more about the community visit us at https://www.lug.ie

In the meantime, happy building!

Lug.ie Team

Irish LEGO User Group
    https://www.lug.ie
    hello@lug.ie

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

I had several of the old Lego Family :)

489522.jpg

489523.jpg

489524.jpg

489525.jpg

489526.jpg

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Advertisement

215 had one of those weird faceless, armless minifigs. I had one of the few other ones as well:

489527.jpg

The kids' hair was the parents' hair put on backwards :)

Does anyone know what the significance is of the letters B and C in a square next to the set numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I got this email from Bricklink recently - haven't checked it out myself but may be of interest.

They're new enough on the scene but are a registered RLUG as well so definitely worth signing up for.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Latest round of IDEAS submissions through for review: https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/80169e60-7cf7-4dec-b51c-2f21d3051747

I like the UCS Atlantis but the one I'd really be hoping for out of this batch would be the Medieval Blacksmith. It's a beautiful build.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sleepy wrote: »
    Latest round of IDEAS submissions through for review: https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/80169e60-7cf7-4dec-b51c-2f21d3051747

I like the UCS Atlantis but the one I'd really be hoping for out of this batch would be the Medieval Blacksmith. It's a beautiful build.

Weird that they're considering another The Office based set, given there's one in the first review... guess we know it didn't make it then! :D

The Medieval Blacksmith is a gorgeous looking one, these are the kind of sets I like seeing come from this, something really interesting looking!

Reminds me a bit of some of TheLordofBricks' designs, like the Medieval Market

• Advertisement

Sleepy wrote: »
    I like the UCS Atlantis

Looks great in the rear three-quarter view, then I saw the front of it. Just doesn't work at all. Maybe they'll spring for a few custom parts to take the bad look off it?

The IDEAS minifig-scale Gemini looks great and is very cleverly done, hope it'll eventually be on sale...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Intrigued as to how two sets that reached 10k were not considered further due to 'personal reasons'.

I like the look of the medieval blacksmith and history museum in this round :)

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭HorseSea

Intrigued as to how two sets that reached 10k were not considered further due to 'personal reasons'.

Weird way to say two submissions won't be considered further, I wonder if there was an IP dispute with another builder or that the 10,000 were bot generated or something like that. It would explain the reason they go no further and why no comment was made. I am only guessing but something like that sounds right.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

I've heard its because they were either Lego employees or at least connected to Lego and it's against the T&Cs.

As much as I wish it was a more exciting reason like illegal building techniques or that they were built on flat panels specifically because the creators are flat-earthers and want to spread their conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Dangerous results for my wallet. If Thunderbirds gets it, that's a day 1 purchase for certain. Even more so if they put together a Thunderbird 1 (it's not in any of the pictures).

Pursuit of Flight looks fun for an office-toy and the Winnie The Pooh, NASA Space Craft and The Seven Dwarfs House sets are nice... would have to see the final build if they make it through.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Rhyme wrote: »
    Dangerous results for my wallet. If Thunderbirds gets it, that's a day 1 purchase for certain. Even more so if they put together a Thunderbird 1 (it's not in any of the pictures).

Pursuit of Flight looks fun for an office-toy and the Winnie The Pooh, NASA Space Craft and The Seven Dwarfs House sets are nice... would have to see the final build if they make it through.

Oh man now I'm dreaming of a Tracy Island set.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Conchir wrote: »
    Oh man now I'm dreaming of a Tracy Island set.

Break out the toilet roll tubes, papier mache and the Blue Peter instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

pcadhain wrote: »
    As much as I wish it was a more exciting reason like illegal building techniques

What would count as an illegal building technique?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Star Lord wrote: »

Custom pieces?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Was just messing. But I have heard the two of them are Lego employees or connected somehow and that's what makes the most sense to me.

• Advertisement

One in which bricks can be joined in a way where they aren't considered by Lego to be within the tolerances of the way the bricks are designed. For example, a plate being wedged between studs:

5c138f23d3baa-png__700.jpg

There's a load of them. Some very creative and that you'll often see in MOC's but never in an official Lego set.

The Saturn V uses a transparent flat plate wedged between studs for the US flag.

You're right it does. Interesting to see them use a technique that would be "illegal" on an IDEAS submission...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Here is the guidelines that Lego designers work from regarding what techniques are permitted or not:

http://bramlambrecht.com/tmp/jamieberard-brickstress-bf06.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

New UCS Imperial Star Destroyer pic has leaked on Instagram. Wow. Want. But it’s rumoured to be ball park MF pricing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

Kragle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

New UCS Imperial Star Destroyer pic has leaked on Instagram. Wow. Want. But it’s rumoured to be ball park MF pricing :(

Holy sh1t that looks incredible! Any low res pics. Cant wait to see HQ pics and more info. Been disciplined enough about LEGO spend this year but I'll happily cancel the rest of the wishlist for this. Nowhere to put it but that matters little!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

How would one find the photo without having Instagram?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

How would one find the photo without having Instagram?

You dont need Instagram. Just google lego leaks Instagram

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Price point is.... 600e ish?

Advertisement