Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

mloc123 wrote: »
    Price point is.... 600e ish?

Rumoured to be €700 but we'll find out for definite at some point today...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Name: UCS Imperial Star Destroyer
    Number of parts: 4.784
    Price: 699.99 euros
    Price per part: 14.6 cents
    Minifigures: 2
    Sales start: 01. October 2019
    VIP pre-sale: yes (from the 18th of September)

As much as I need this, I don't think I can justify the price point though. Maybe if Smyths ever reduce it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Name: UCS Imperial Star Destroyer
    Number of parts: 4.784
    Price: 699.99 euros
    Price per part: 14.6 cents
    Minifigures: 2
    Sales start: 01. October 2019
    VIP pre-sale: yes (from the 18th of September)

As much as I need this, I don't think I can justify the price point though. Maybe if Smyths ever reduce it.

2 minifigs? GTFO

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

All the studs makes it look a bit dated.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

That reminds me I have 75055 to build at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

UCS Star Destroyer Designer Video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Terrible price compared to the UCS MF when you take into account piece count and minifigures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Yeah 700 is a big stretch. Ill probably pick one up if I could get it for 400 - 450.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I really think they have mis-priced the set. 500e seems more palatable to me, even with Star Wars tax on it.

Wonder will we see shops reducing the price in the new year... depending on which shops will stock it.

I really think they have mis-priced the set. 500e seems more palatable to me, even with Star Wars tax on it.

Wonder will we see shops reducing the price in the new year... depending on which shops will stock it.

Smyths did have the MF at 20% off at one point. I got a few quid off with VIP points when I got it but would have saved s lot more waiting.

Really want the ISD. Culled my wishlist to justify the price. It was top of my wishlist after the MF but €700, yikes. If I can hold off the impulse for the first 4 days (double VIP) I'll likely last for the year or so it will take Smyths or others to discount it.

It practically weighs the same as the MF. Lots of large pieces. Still not 700 though. 600 maybe. 500 would be bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

The price really does seem extreme on the ISD. I’m curious to see how much it weighs in terms raw Lego, so we can get a better idea of how much Lego is gouging here. The more I see the less I like it. Always found the minifigs to be superfluous in these type of sets, but the two! are pretty bland. Never liked the interiors either on scale models, so not crushed that’s missing. At 700, I’m thinking I’d just go full hog and build the ISD Monarch instead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

Land Rover Defender

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Greg81 wrote: »

FYP you just need to put the tag in.

Nice looking set makes a nice change from the race cars. Like how you can still see all the gearbox and drive gear. Loved the Porche build but it was a shame all the working bits were buried out of sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

That'll be coming home to ours!

Like the look of the Defender, but I just don’t like the direction Technic has taken. It’s more about form over functions now. Seems like they should bring back the ModelTeam line.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Ryath wrote: »
    FYP you just need to put the tag in.

Nice looking set makes a nice change from the race cars. Like how you can still see all the gearbox and drive gear. Loved the Porche build but it was a shame all the working bits were buried out of sight.

I really really want that...hopefully in time for Christmas. The guy building the model looks like he is in his 40s (like me!) and might well have been one of the boys featured in the LEGO Technic sets in the 1980s...

...also shows just how much LEGO is aimed at us AFOLs now. :D:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Has anyone seen the Lego Harley Davidson Fat Boy motorbike in a B&M shop? Or is it only available online for now?

Only available on Lego S@H but Smyths usually get the exclusives in store so I assume it's just a matter of time.

LEGO Creator Expert 10267 Gingerbread House announced today coming in at 1477 pieces for €95. A must buy for me!

https://www.lego.com/en-ie/product/gingerbread-house-10267

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

LEGO Creator Expert 10267 Gingerbread House announced today coming in at 1477 pieces for €95. A must buy for me!

Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Yup, saw that last night - seems like a no brainer to me i must have it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

seraphimvc wrote: »
    Yup, saw that last night - seems like a no brainer to me i must have it!

Looks nice alright.

Is this confirmed as the Christmas themed set for the year or will something else be arriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I like it, but unreasonably irritates me that there's no visible way of going upstairs...

Only available on Lego S@H but Smyths usually get the exclusives in store so I assume it's just a matter of time.

They haven't got the Mustang yet I believe (phenomenal build btw, lightyears beyond the rest of the range.

Always buy the Modulars the second they're released, except this year. Why should I, I thought? Smyth's always get them quickly enough and they're on sale shortly after. Still no sign of it.

• Moderators Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭Spocker

madalig12 wrote: »
    There are flights from Belfast to Billund...not sure of the airline but i think its ryanair

Ryanair will be flying Dublin->Billund next summer: https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/0925/1078122-ryanair-announces-new-routes-from-dublin/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

Who has been delivering from Lego.com to Ireland lately? I have an order lost in the system. The dpd.de website says it's in Dublin, but the tracking code doesn't work on dpd.ie or anpost websites

Advertisement