Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

brianomc wrote: »
    Who has been delivering from Lego.com to Ireland lately? I have an order lost in the system. The dpd.de website says it's in Dublin, but the tracking code doesn't work on dpd.ie or anpost websites

It's DPD for the last month or so. They've been hit and miss.

I personally have been very lucky and have had several packages from Lego delivered within a couple of days. I have heard of other people having packages being delayed or go missing though.

I suggest you report the issue to Lego Customer Services, it's the only way they'll know if there is a problem with the shipping agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Just put in my Bricklink orders for the parts to build this... Cannot wait!

It has begun

Most of the parts secured. Some 2,800 of the 3,100 or so. Just waiting on 1 more order..

The base is solid..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Three new Lego Ideas approved today.

A playable Lego piano
    123 Sesame Street
    Pirate Bay.

Interesting ideas and yet another IP slotting into the Lego formula with Sesame Street.

resize-1600-900.jpg
    resize-1600-900-1.jpg
    resize-1600-900-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Will buy pirate bay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Meh to all three tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Sleepy wrote: »
    Meh to all three tbh.

You didn't grow up on the pirate theme? :eek:

I had some small bits of it but it was more my younger brother's thing. I've always been more into Creator / Model Team style builds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I'm buying Pirate's Bay, but it's that rare case where I hope Lego actually change it quite a bit. The idea is super solid and I'm glad to get some decent pirates stuff, but it's just missing something. It's a little too flat and lifeless as it stands. There's potential there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I'm buying Pirate's Bay, but it's that rare case where I hope Lego actually change it quite a bit. The idea is super solid and I'm glad to get some decent pirates stuff, but it's just missing something. It's a little too flat and lifeless as it stands. There's potential there.

I think the current model is too... 'thick'? Maybe tight is the better word, I feel like I can't get access to some of the set as it is. Maybe if the front part of the square structure (behind the front of the boat with a cannon on top) is removed and put somewhere else or the set is split into two distinct pieces.

I'd say they'll be doing edits on it alright, no way Lego would make a 3D baseplate again, too costly for them.

• Advertisement

(Mods, please delete or move if appropriate)

I am a co-founder of LimBrick City, a Lego events organiser. We currently have two upcoming Lego Exhibitions, Gorey on November 3rd and Limerick on November 30th / December 1st.

We are looking for expressions of interest from people who want to exhibit at these events. Ideally we would prefer custom creations / MOCs but if you have a collection of rare or older official sets, we may be interested in displaying these as well. All exhibitors receive lunch, an event brick, a gift bag and something towards transportation costs.

Both events have partnered with local Autism groups to make them inclusive and fully accessible.

If you are interested in exhibiting, please send me a PM via boards.ie or email limerickafols@gmail.com

Thanks,
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Loving the new Ideas Dinosaur set 21320

https://www.lego.com/en-ie/product/dinosaur-fossils-21320

First time I’ll ever buy a set for myself day one and not wait for a sale!

LEGO-Ideas-21320-Dinosaur-Fossils-Cover-QVT2Z-1.jpg

I haven't seen such a buzz for a set in a long time. It definitely caters to both kids and adults alike.

And the price point is perfect too.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

That's a must buy for me.

My young fella built his own Jurassic Zoo so might have to get 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

New Batmobile coming. Looks amazing. And batmans cape!!

madalig12 wrote: »

Sure does. Might replace the creator mini as my fav lego car (which I rank above VW camper, bond Aston Martin and the Ford mustang)

madalig12 wrote: »

Any links or pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Any links or pics?

Saw that, pretty neat - my tumbler is still superior but this one is strong with nostalgia

from some lego ventura instagram (probably get taken down right now ha)
    7afc0f0e8bee6131848178640e9f5c2a6d11385cr1-720-621v2_hq.jpg
    9f864bfe374ad64a10f84ee286e70e1b5ce0e459r1-720-480v2_hq.jpg
    f2da23e568ac8bb849dbc0a5dd2a459bf601af19r1-720-603v2_hq.jpg

Hope they have the bat nipples at least printed on the torso lolol

seraphimvc wrote: »
    Saw that, pretty neat - my tumbler is still superior but this one is strong with nostalgia

from some lego ventura instagram (probably get taken down right now ha)
    7afc0f0e8bee6131848178640e9f5c2a6d11385cr1-720-621v2_hq.jpg
    9f864bfe374ad64a10f84ee286e70e1b5ce0e459r1-720-480v2_hq.jpg
    f2da23e568ac8bb849dbc0a5dd2a459bf601af19r1-720-603v2_hq.jpg

That's amazing! Thanks. Definitely being added to the list!

seraphimvc wrote: »

None of the Keaton suits had nipples /pedant.

Looks good. The cowl is unbelievably well sculpted on that figure. It has the blocky lump of rubber look down perfectly. You’d imagine the minifig isn’t able to turn their either. Not normally a minifig Guy, but I’m getting it for that alone.

• Advertisement

3300 pieces is a lot so you'd imagine around 175 quid

3300 pieces is a lot so you'd imagine around 175 quid

I'd say more like €250+

I'd say more like €250+

Yeah that makes more sense the more I think about it. Stranger Things was 200 and around about 2300 pieces.

I'd say more like €250+

I’d no idea it was that big. 300 euro wouldn’t surprise me, given the licence cost as well.

None of the Keaton suits had nipples /pedant.

Looks good. The cowl is unbelievably well sculpted on that figure. It has the blocky lump of rubber look down perfectly. You’d imagine the minifig isn’t able to turn their either. Not normally a minifig Guy, but I’m getting it for that alone.

aha! yes the meme is too hard that i forgot this is from tim burton's batman

Really interested in that Batmobile. Our eldest has the tumbler, think they'd look amazing side by side!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That Batmobile is the stuff of my dreams since I was 9/10...

Know it's gonna be a pricey one, but think I NEED that... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

I reckon around the €300 mark. Isn't it usually 10c per piece and then throw in the license tax on top?

And yes, want and need ;)

cny-2020.jpg

Guys have you seen this? D: damnnnnn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

For a second I thought that was Winnie the Pooh in the middle there. Brave stance by Lego.

Some Batmobile news:

The Batmobile has been spotted in a Billund store for 280 Euro

Official images have been released of the limited edition Batmobile. Is it normal for a UCS type product to have a smaller version of a UCS come with the purchase in gift form?

Advertisement